/parks/

Show me the national park (or whatever your country calls them) that you're closest to. Maybe talk about it a little bit if you feel like it?
Pic related is Crater Lake. It was formed ~8000 years ago when this volcano, Mt. Mazama, blew itself to pieces and then filled up with rain and snowmelt. It's the deepest lake in the US, and its got some of the purest, cleanest water in the world.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kXiFgNm9LrQ
youtube.com/watch?v=T_U8D3MwPDQ
youtube.com/watch?v=1xRoDyIqyiw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The Badlands

Many sneks live here, don't know how, it's pretty barren

Looks pretty though

>It's the deepest lake
>350m

Fug these small really deep lakes always scare me the most.

there's one up north here even deeper
actually North America has a shit load of lake monster stories, not to mention a fuckton of other weird wild things.

crazy monster stories are a part of our heritage that people seem to forget.
I like things like the Skinwalkers keeping the tradition alive though

Nuuksio/Noux national park is a pretty nice place.

>No mountains

Fucking Norway why did they get some and not us?

no mountains in my province either
its mostly either plains, farms and rolling hills + leafy forest in the South then rocky highlands with mixed forest in the north plus loads of lakes/rivers/cold swamps

pic related

We've got one small lake that is 514m deep
Deepest fjord is 1300m deep

youtube.com/watch?v=kXiFgNm9LrQ

Our whole cunt is a national park desu.

Looks nicer when there's some snow on the tops

youtube.com/watch?v=T_U8D3MwPDQ

True that.

Looks good from a F-16 cockpit too:

youtube.com/watch?v=1xRoDyIqyiw

Now I know why so many Finns settled in northern Michigan, damn.

the Danube-Ipoly National Park comprises of three separate mountain ranges, deep gorges, and rich flora and fauna

Chaco Canyon National (Historic) Park, New Mexico
Natives built these enormous communal living structure, called pueblos, all over Chaco Canyon 1200-800 years ago.
Really, really, really fucking cool. New Mexico is one of the best states in the Union.

Your boy's retarded.

On the subject of dope Native shit in the 4 Corners region, pic related is in Canyonlands NP, Utah. Pic related is the Holy Ghost part of the Grand Gallery, a large frieze in Horseshoe Canyon between 1600 and 1000 years old.
Hard to tell, but these figures are 7-8 feet (2.1~2.5 meters) tall.

The closest to me is the Cévennes national park, a mountainous area south of the Massif Central, the mountain range occupying the middle of southern France
It's mid altitude mountain, going up to 1700m so it's not an alpine atmosphere at all, and some parts are under Mediterranean climate influence despite being high
It's one of the most forested area of the country, and used to be a protestant stronghold, with rebellions of the "camisards" against the catholic royal army, leading to a lot of repression and blood. Robert Louis Stevenson travelled the area during 1878 and wrote the book "travelling the Cévennes with a donkey" where he talks a lot about those events, coming from calvinist background, and also the similarities of this place with his native Scotland.
The park and the greater area of the "causses" (pics incoming) are UNESCO world heritage sites

This one is the closest to where I live

There, done