This COULD have been the current flag of Canada

This COULD have been the current flag of Canada.

Why did syrup suckers abandon this beauty for a fucking leaf?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fx3iK_KGy54
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The Liberal Party said "It's 1965!" and threw away Canada's colonial symbols and heritage to replace them with memes about hockey and Tim Hortons.

To be fair things like that happened in many Western countries during the 1960s, it was basically the era of "get with the times" (meaning destroy/forget about everything that came before you).

Fuck off brit with your union jack. it was a stupid unoriginal idea to combine all your flags and you want to criticize us for ours.

because we came to the conclusion that brits are sissy little men

That is objectively the best Canadian flag, no doubt about it. But remember, being white is racist. Therefore, any symbol of white ancestry and what created the country is racist and oppressive!

Fucking hate these white guilt cunts. They talk about how "violently oppressive" the colonial era of Canada was, yet they've never even opened a fuckin book in the subject, and they virtue signal that they're/we're responsible for what happened. I'm responsible for a bunch of idiot natives signing away their own land via treaties? That's my fault? Yeah. Totally.

Non-whites detected

Kill yourself.

A leaf is pretty dumb but that cross thing in the upper left corner looks even dumber. What the fuck is that even?

Knew it. You guys stand out like a sore thumb on this board.

Comes from old British flags, like the naval one which was just red with the Union Jack in the corner.

We allowed leftists to get their claws into the country and we are reaping what they sowed.

It's the union jack you little cuck prick and it looks a lot better than Denmarks cross

I like it better by a million miles, but let's be honest...it's not like the UK actually gives a shit about us in modern times. Would be a tad embarrassing to go back to an ensign, even if it is the superior flag both aesthetically and symbolically. Republic time imo, just need to gas the lefties first.

>.it's not like the UK actually gives a shit about us in modern times

It's our symbol as much as it is theirs.

>republic time

You are a lefty.

>It's our symbol as much as it is theirs

This exactly and precisely. The colonists of who made this country were of vastly British Isles origin, as displayed on the coat of arms (three quarters of it, and the French Canadians who had pledged British subject allegiance since the Seven Years War). They were no less British than those who remained - in fact many staunchly upheld that same nationalism, and it wasn't even until 1867 that we got our own flag as established by Queen Victoria as a country! Cool little facts:

>the British and Canadians had freedom of movement between the two lands up until sometime I believe in the early 60s
>between 1867 and 1945 the majority of people living in Canada were born in, or the children of people born in the British Isles

>current year in the 60s

>anglos
>white
pick one

>THREEFUCKINGLEAVES

It could be worse

I like the leaf though but it really really strange on a flag, like why?
But im sure everyones got used to it, I had until I came onto this board and >a >fucking >leaf was here

>cuck banner

The leaf did end up working as a recognisable symbol of Canada, so I don't complain too much, but it has nothing to do with Canada's history or heritage. I personally think they should have kept the red ensign and defaced it with a white maple leaf.

Weedman's father was one of the pioneers of that

New era new flag and the leaf is much easier to spot and better how do you say "brand recognition"?

Everyone knows what Australia is but for all the other flags that are similar to it people don't distinguish it that well.

What does the flag have anything to do with that, you sperglord?

>tfw they killed our superior flag and anthem to promote multiculturalism

In days of yore, from Britain's shore,
Wolfe, the dauntless hero, came
And planted firm Britannia's flag
On Canada's fair domain.
Here may it wave, our boast, our pride
And, joined in love together,
The thistle, shamrock, rose entwine
The Maple Leaf forever!

>The Maple Leaf forever!

Why do you use a flag that represents Scots and Welsh and Norn Ironers instead of just your own flag? Why is it seen as a racist symbol by some in your own country now?

I saw the red ensign flying next to the fucking leaf at the border checkpoint at sault ste. marie when i visited last month.

What if we combined them both?

Leaf > Cuckstamp

>The Maple Leaf forever!

This flag is incredibly dank why do you guys have such shit taste

what made them decide to copy peru but with a leaf in the middle?

>a cuckstamp

We should've used this one imo

The leaf is shit, but it's still better than a cuckstamp

>still wants a leaf

Because the English flag is ugly as fuck

>this beauty
It's fucking horrendous

Leaves are fucking cool.

Britain is holding a vote to leave right now, even.

It's simple and strong. A good flag.

Am I the only person on Sup Forums who actually likes the current canadian flag?

>Why do you use a flag that represents Scots and Welsh and Norn Ironers instead of just your own flag?
Because we're in a union have been for around 300 years...

>Why is it seen as a racist symbol by some in your own country now?

It's mainly just memes and the odd case were a a tabloid like the sun will make a big deal out of it. It is mainly criticised in non white majority areas. Everywhere else it's fine. In my town they have one flying constantly.

I like this tbf, you can still easily identify it's Canada. Also you're not ripping off Peru here.

I think it's pretty good but I'd still rather have a union jack because muh heritage.

I'd maybe change the shape of the leaf to be the same as the one on the current flag, only gold, and without the veins. Or maybe white to keep with the colour scheme, though leaning toward the gold colour.

This is undeniably the best option for our national anthem

in what year will justin change the maple leaf to a cannabis leaf?

2017 dude weed lmao haha

wew, forgot the fucking link

youtube.com/watch?v=fx3iK_KGy54

Flags don't need to be a middle-schooler's collage of their likes and interests. The leaf is a weird thing to make important, but at least it's a real design.

I'm betting some major part of the issue that caused the change was French Canadians getting pissy about having an obviously British symbol though. We didn't learn about this flag thing in school but fucking everything else we ever got a history lesson on involved that particular cause.

Gold would be better, It's a royal colour.

Actual fucking choon desu

ETERNAL LEAF
T
E
R
N
A
L

L
E
A
F