Tfw north Portugal, Galicia and Asturias will never unite and create an individual country separated from the rest

>tfw north Portugal, Galicia and Asturias will never unite and create an individual country separated from the rest

Why do we have to share our forests and greenery with the desert folk?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mYPqWmfRV-A
youtube.com/watch?v=EAvlimEYEpQ
youtube.com/watch?v=tG_hDYqdpqs
youtube.com/watch?v=6mZjy255MY8&list=PLwP3aUvyhpxnQv4WAwQ7YIei1OTBEEEPv&index=23
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Cantabria and the Basque Country are pretty green too. Not that you would expect Euskadi to be willing to unite with anyone else though

Euskadia would never join us.
Pheraps Cantabria would be a nice aquisition so we would have better control of the northern area

what the fuck is a euskadi anyway
i only know that it's a thing because it's releaseable in darkest hour

Euskadi is the Basque Country

Why? So that they can make their own meme versions of spanish? I think the world already had enough with memetuguese and kektalan

What would we speak? Democratically speaking, Spanish should be the logical choice.
We could have Portuguese as a second language though

And Catalonia too. Why u always separate us? :(

I agree.
We could speak Galician pheraps?
If not, i agree with speaking spanish and having portuguese as a non-official language. It's just logical

Catalonia was destroyed by tourism.
Catalonia is a reminder of what we should not do if we want to preserve our culture

Well, you do that more than us as a general rule
And I don't know Cataluña that much, but in my limited experience it's a different kind of green I'd say. Not the same kind as Asturias for example. Correct me if I'm wrong, I may be.

Are you not pro-independence?

I don't think Catalonia should join us.
Their culture is way more different than ours.
They are Mediterranean we are Atlantic

I wouldn't mind speaking Galician, but dropping Spanish would be a drawback considering its global weight, and Asturias and Cantabria wouldn't like it. Although having Spanish as the official language while allowing the different regions to keep their own languages as a second shouldn't be a problem, would make the country richer and quite interesting I think

What would the preferred or 'normal' political system be? I know the north is pretty conservative but the other areas no idea.

Those are the poorest regions in iberia so the result wouldnt be that good

And if the Basque Country doesn't join us, they'd be separated from the rest. Barcelona would be nice to have, for the tourism, but in general I agree with you, no Cataluña here.
Sorry catalonians

Yeah, that could work

Just regular democracy i think. Since the country would be smaller i think that we should also endorse a better and stronger community sense between countys and so on

>Those are the poorest regions in iberia so the result wouldnt be that good

I don't agree. We could work way better without the southern centralization bringing our economy down.
Also the north is very beautiful and we want to keep it that way if we don't want it ruined by tourists

That's true. But people ignoring us is only making it worse.
There are still a few good places in Northern Catalonia.

(Not very related song, but sometimes it is, about the destroying of our rivers): youtube.com/watch?v=mYPqWmfRV-A

The north is very green. I don't know how similar to Asturias it is, tho. Pic is an hermitage in one of the forests I used to spend my time in when I was a child.

I think we'd need tourism to sustain the economy. Rural tourism shouldn't be a big problem, not so many dickheads and drunkards like that.

I forgot about the independence thing:
I'm a Catalanist, but not independentist. It's a little bit hard to explain.
Essentially, I think that, right now, getting independence without a good plan would do more harm than good to us.
Don't get me wrong. I think that Spain as a whole is a stupid project. I have more in common with a southern French than with an Andalusian. To give an idea of what I mean.

Ok, I've been proven wrong
Would that mean only a part of Catalonia joins us? If Portuganon agreed, so how about the culture part?

>Catalonia joins the new country
>Proceeds to create a separatist movement

Yes i understand.
Andalusians are a completely different kind.

Yes, rural tourism wouldn't be such a bad idea but we shouldn't overdo it.
I think we should focus in using the northern ports to our advantage as well as agriculture

Believe me, as a Galician-Asturian I completely agree on that, but same could happen to some French guy from, say, Lille. He could feel more related to some belgian than to someone from the south, but that's how it works with big countries

Basque name for the basque country.

>says, while literally speaking meme spanish

fuck the spanish and all you northerners.

I think Catalonia can never join that union.
In order for Catalonia to join us we would need to have the basque country to join us too and those guys would NEVER do that.
However, Catalonia user is invited and he can become a honorary Galician

>youtube.com/watch?v=EAvlimEYEpQ

I think you are late for the mosque my southern friend

>León ex-territories dreaming about being independent
Pathetic.

That's a pretty good idea!

Call it what you want, but historically Asturias es España y lo demás, tierra conquistada.

This thread is a fun hypothesis though

Grab your bagpipe, pick up a jar of cider and welcome aboard

>youtube.com/watch?v=tG_hDYqdpqs

Catalonia will work more with a pan-pyrenaic state, if we're to merge regions. But the aragonese would never accept and the basques and navarrese have no reason to do so.

>Call it what you want
I'm just going back in time, when it was León before being Galicia.
>Asturias es España y lo demás, tierra conquistada.
Funnily enough, this is quite a "cuck" statement, since españa is a castilian fabrication. I wonder why you guys use it.

Yes it is.
I think we should make a /galecia/ general

There's another thing in common. We are not reconquested "new territory" like southern-central Spain. Northern Catalonia (Basically anything beyond Barcelona, historically including part of what now is France), was under muslim control for very little time. We did our own little reconquest very early, remaining permanent christian territory since about the year 801 (when Barcelona was officially recovered).

The Aragonese are very sold to Castilla and company.

It doesn't really relate to its "fabrication" but that during the arab conquest and Al-Andalus, Asturias wasn't ever conquered, and the reconquest started with us, with Pelayo.

Everytime i think about Castilla, this guy pops into my head

That's true.
Also there are anthropological and genetic studies that proove that the region of Asturias is mostly proto-iberian with a small amount of germanic blood.
The region that has more germanic blood is Galiza and North Portugal due to the suebii but it's still just a small amount.
The region in the map is mostly proto-iberian.

>He wants other shithole like Asturias and Galicia

Take It, Spain is a shithole, only Basque country, Madrid and few parts of Catalunya are decent

Economically speaking maybe, but here we're talking about hypothetical independence taking the landscape as the main reason and common element, as well as these regions culture (I understood it that way).

It's for people like you that Sup Forums thinks all spaniards hate Spain

They have germanic blood and look them, here in Spain,Galicia is compared with Andalucía with is a shithole

Which *

I know Asturias wasn't conquered, but it's still hilarious that you call yourselves "Spanish", when it was Castilla the one who made that up.

Well, you know, as a part of Spain, I think we're entitled to do so, regardless of who came with the term.
And not soo hilarious since we're the only ones who were always Spanish since the conception on the idea, unlike others.

>And not soo hilarious since we're the only ones who were always Spanish since the conception on the idea, unlike others.

Nailed it

>And not soo hilarious since we're the only ones who were always Spanish since the conception on the idea, unlike others.
That's wrong, though. There is no "Spanish", Spain is just a bunch on kingdoms put under a monarchy. You are asturiano.
Considering the fact that you take pride in the kingdom of asturias, the fact that you are not seeing my point baffles me.
Nothing to nail, it's just even more ironic that he restates that he is "more Spanish" than Castilla.

Come on, don't be so butthurt for this. No asturian takes it seriously when we say that, it's just a joke.

Thanks brah

No butthurt here, it's just quite the ironic thing that you guys still say it.
I know it's a joke, but it's still ironic.

Btw, what you guys listenin to?
I'm listenin to some of this:

>youtube.com/watch?v=6mZjy255MY8&list=PLwP3aUvyhpxnQv4WAwQ7YIei1OTBEEEPv&index=23

Pretty good band i tell you wat

Where are you from? León, somewhere in Castilla?
Sometimes jokes work better with a little irony added to them.

Madrid.
Yeah, that's true, but seeing the amount of nationalism around it's surprising that Asturias has seen some pro-astur movement going strong.