>Rock
>Pope
>Big Stone
>Yellow Medicine
>Rice
>Koochiching

>et cetera ad infinitum

What the actual fuck?

Native American perhaps? I'm just a Marylander so I just worry about my own state and the luxury it provides, no need to learn about others.

There's a lake that actually separates this county and it's called lake of the woods. I believe there's actually a part of the county completely separated from the US by water because of this lake

Anyway to answer the question, nothing but camping and fishing

what happens here?

Literally nothing

Reminder that BC's ENTIRE coastline is actually american clay.

JUST THE TIP

What else would you name a county?

literally nothing.
schoolkids have to take a bus back to washington everyday.

That's because you can't open your eyes all the way.

Confused Canadians who think they are American

US witness protection, only way to get there is by boat or crossing the border twice

no I'm not kidding

People refer to them as Lake County, Cook County, Clay County, Pine County, etc, instead of just "lake" or "cook".

Isn't there a part of Washington state in a similar position? I believe that the place I have in mind is only accessible from Canada or by ferry boat.

see:

proofs?

That seems like a really stupid idea, putting a bunch of people in witness protection in one tiny isolated area.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point_Roberts,_Washington#Economy

it doesn't much need to be a secret given where it is

interesting

Ice fishing and I think an Indian reservation.

Also regular fishing.

>UNITED
>SQUARES
>OF
>AMERICA

It's a useless piece of shit and waste of money, is what it is.

Don't Canadians rent American mailboxes there or something?

I just read up a bunch about that silly little town because I'm procrastinating doing my HW.

Apparently Canadians own vacation homes there, since it's much cheaper than Vancouver. They have PO boxes to avoid paying expensive shipping into Canada, and they get gas and do their groceries there, since again, it's way cheaper.

Is that Wisconsin? What happens there anyway? Is it comfy?

Is it true that lots of people up there are of German descent? Are German-Americans as in your face about their ancestry as Irish-Americans?

Sorry for my incessant questions, but I'm very curious and I've never been to the US.

German Americans are fucking everywhere, Pennsylvania Deutsch especially

The people up here are most Norwegian and Finnish

I go there to get cheap gas

>Are German-Americans as in your face about their ancestry as Irish-Americans?
Yes, I'm putting together a series of my heritage photos of things like flags and stickers on car or homes, so far I have Germany, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Poland, Ireland, Italy, Russia and the United Kingdom.

Minnesota, it's filled with nice people with funny accents from the movie Fargo. They are mostly of Scandinavian descent and also a bunch of Somalis in Minneapolis. It's overall a very comfy state though. Lots of lakes and forests.

Nobody is as in your face about their heritage as 'Irish' Americans. Most people of German descent are mixed with other European blood and don't really care anyway.

I've actually watched Fargo, both the movie and the TV show.

Is it true that there's a Kind of rivalry between MN and WI or has Sup Forums lied to me again?

Pennfag here, Pennsylvania dutch is just a meme, it doesn't really mean anything other than the distinct german dialect that the amish speak with. Everyone here is Germany american though, except me ;)

it's mostly wisconsin being bitter and jealous because minnesota is better

italian and irish-americans are the worst offenders

there is a major sports rivalry between the two states, but there's no legitimate hatred. it's a friendly rivalry.

Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, and Michigan are all (American) football rivals, we're all in the 'NFC North' division and as neighbors we find other little things to fight over. Overall though it's all for giggles and everyone gets along. MN and WI are near-Canadian levels of friendly.

By what metrics is WI worse?

What's life like in PA? Is Philadelphia really that much of a shithole?

To be desu, PA is the only US State I have some type of personal relation to, we have some very distant family in Pittsburgh. They emigrated prior to WW1 if memory serves. I have a Roethlisberger Jersey laying around somewhere at home (that's a pretty German Name by the way)

I haven't spent a ton of time in wisconsin, but they have worse infrastructure than minnesota, iowa or south dakota. the worst road I've ever driven on in my life was in wisconsin, and they have really bad public rest stops

I have never been to Pittsburgh or Philadelphia, I live in the far north. But yes, Philadelphia is a big shithole but Pittsburgh is one of the better cities in the country. The only negative I've had from living in the same state as Filthadelphia is that the majority of people at my state university are shitters from there.

>Steelers fan

You trying to start trouble m8?

You should visit Indiana.

That's Minnesota, which is known more for Scandinavians, but there are plenty of Germans throughout the Midwest.

Irish were known in the US to have been crooked conservatives or flat out criminals. They were always quick to join the military and become policemen. Some think the Kennedys made their fortune from bootlegging during prohibition. Because of them having crooked origins in the US, they can be a feisty sort even today e.g. one time I was in a car with some Irish heritagefags who went silent when I mentioned that I have more British than Irish heritage in response to their question about my origin. These girls had Irish names such as Caoimhe and Aisling, pronounced Keeva and Ashley respectively.

Germans on the other hand have always been working folk. I've noticed those from the Rhineland and Alsace-Lorraine tended to become pretty wealthy... Trump is a great recent example, but in the 19th century you also had people like the Rockefellers and Vanderbilts who rose to prominence. See pic related, a call to arms for Anglo-Saxons and Germans proletariat to unite (notice the crooked Irish cop mentioned).

>These girls had Irish names such as Caoimhe and Aisling
>pronounced Keeva and Ashley respectively.

What. The. Fuck.

Why can't we send those subhumans to Australia?

One of them was pretty hot desu but the other was a landwhale.

Useless fucking lake that should have been ceded to the Canucks

Stop lying Illinois, no one likes you.

Every time I look at an American map it just seems comfy to me for some reason. Those names, borders, remote towns.

Yes, Lake of the Woods.

The rural areas really are. My dream is to leave San Diego for the Sierra Nevadas, or at least get a cabin up there. There are plenty of comfy places all over the US. I really like Los Angeles and San Diego for the climate here and city life in general but I get tired of the multiculturalism. On the other hand, I don't have much of a life here, so it's not a big deal.

My dream is to live in Seattle or Portland and be able to bike/hike around all those beautiful mountains and forests while also be relatively close to the ocean desu fām
Everything in Latvia is like a mini/demo version of the real stuff. It's so small couldn't get lost here even if I wanted to.

Seattle and Portland are both very nice. I have family there. I can't say I know much about the Baltics but I'm sure Oregon and Washington combined would give you a lot more variety. Heck, there are even parts of Washington that grow wine and east of the mountains some areas are basically deserts. I don't think there even are any true deserts in Europe. Anyway, I doubt I will leave California anytime soon since I expect I'll eventually inherit some property. Being a poorfag here really is the worst and I can see why everyone's leaving here for Oregon, Washington, and Texas.