ITT: relevant state provinces/states

Post map of provinces/states that are relevants in your country

Other urls found in this thread:

eupedia.com/italy/highlights_italy.shtml
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_GDP
pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lista_de_unidades_federativas_do_Brasil_por_PIB
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Ohio
Does it really count when we're only important once every four years?

>Michigan
>Relevant
Literally the worst Midwest state behind Illinoy

Idk. I just put it arbitrarily. Cleveland Clinic is kinda famous but Minnesota has equally famous Mayo Clinic then......

We're 7th in terms of GDP. 11,000,000 is a sizeable population

>North Carolina
Hahahah holy shit.

In the following order

Mexico City
Nuevo León
Jalisco
Veracruz

>Victoria
>New South Wales

thats it

Yeah this. Also twin cities are emerging hubs IMO, growing rapidly and has a bunch of corporate headquarters.

>Michigan
>relevant

I mean Detroit is relevant for its crime.

Would you rather be trapped in Okinawa or Hokkaido?

>Illinois
>Georgia
>Ohio
Are we just going by major cities and historical importance?

Hokkaido seems 9001/10 comfy. Read about Sapporo and more importantly the rest of it

I might add Colorad and Oregon, but otherwise perfect list.

hokkaido

Going off climate, people or both?

after washington there's a large drop off

climate

Are Chiba and Saitama shithole?

Going by touristic destinations mostly: eupedia.com/italy/highlights_italy.shtml

Sorry OP but the world only know and care about the following:
>California
>New York
>Florida
>Texas
>Hawaii
>Alaska
Everything else we consider a mix of swamps, desert and prairie populated by niggers, rednecks and illegal mexicans

Can't ignore other factors as well. Gotta pay respects to your captive Austrians.

they are just suburbs of tokyo

>PA is relevant

>alaska
Really?

What makes them diff from Kanagawa? China and Saitama seems far less relevant than Kanagawa. Is is just Yokohama?

They're stupid poor farmers. Nobody cares about them. Bolzano is the only good thing about South Tyrol and it's majority Italian.

Depends on how somebody's view is skewed. Sailing projections are most common in general geographic knowledge and they respect Alaska's apparent size a lot. If that's all they have to go on.

How is Maryland relevant?

Baltimore and NIH

>Georgia
You mean Atlanta right?

Isn't Georgia outside Atlanta basically Florida panhandle/Alabama tier?

Judging by the number you invade Massachusetts, that is entirely incorrect. Only Florida gets more Brasucas.

It doesn't matter what some retarded favela monkey knows or cares about, the reason the US is an economic powerhouse is because we have so many states contributing to our massive GDP. Take five of those states you don't know or care about and combined they have a greater GDP than your entire country.

How is Baltimore relevant?

in addition, kanagawa also has lots of relevant/popular places like kamakura, fujisawa, shonan, hakone, etc, which have influenced japan in terms of history and modern pop culture

In Massachusetts? Really? Why?

>irrelevant midwesterner so mad
lol ok son, whatever you say

It's easy to locate and eskimos

>In Massachusetts? Really? Why?
Around 1900s (I think) a bunch of Azoreans and Madeirans moved to the Southeast of the state and Rhode Island. The established Portuguese speaking community continued to attract lusophones from mainland Portugal, still does, and more recently Cape Verde and Brazil. My nextdoor neighbors mother is from Cape Verde.

Pic related

Yes, I live in the midwest. Just Illinois, Michigan, and Ohio alone have a larger GDP than Brazil. That's about 35 million people give or take. Brazil has a a population over 200 million. Do the math you fucking monkey. How does it feel to be less relevant than 3 bumblefuck midwestern US states?

That's genuinely interesting but I don't think that count on relevancy points

I think he's just referring to perhaps how well the state would be known by your countrymen.

Oh, I figured the population was why we were important during election years.
Didn't know about the GDP thing, thats pretty good,

Boston is the worlds biggest center for biotechnology and is a major leader in the advancement of robotics. It's not irrelevant economically.

Top kek
If you care so much about GDP let us compare
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_GDP
pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lista_de_unidades_federativas_do_Brasil_por_PIB
>São Paulo
>1.708.221.000
If it were an american state it would be the second richest, only losing to California
What's your excuse for your shithole state on the middle of nowhere to be beaten by us?

Boston is relevant, the rest of the state isn't

Maybe their GDP is more than a tight funnel through which a substantial part of the third world is squeezed.

That makes no sense. Boston metro for the most part is the state. Also, how could you possibly consider New York State relevant with out including New York City?

Probably because of all the government agencies and bureaus headquartered there, same reason as to why Virginia would be there

NYC is TOO relevant to take the whole state on its shoulder; It is basically the "center of the world". UN is in there after all
Not the same case for Boston

hmmm where is sao paulo i can't seem to find it

third worlders, when will they learn? enjoy your zika virus.

Wait, Chicago isn't a major financial center? Since when?

>Ill
>Ohio
>NC
>Georgia
>Michigan

Hey no need to be so mad fella
Chicago is important on the USA context, no denying.
But here in SP we only compare ourselves to NY, we don't really care what happens to other minor cities.
I don't even know what there is in Chicago besides a basketball team with a cool mascot

>where is sao paulo i can't seem to find it
Look under "Shithole"

Fuck off, Ohio

Isn't that kind of the point? People outside of the metro get pissy over all the money going to Boston, but Boston is where all the money comes from.

Also, New York State isn't that relevant. New York and the Tristate area is huge. There's a ton of politics due to the massive weight that city has on the rest of the state.

New Jersey is fairly relevant.

Also let's compare crime in 2015, shall we?
>Chicago 18.6 per 100000
>São Paulo 8.73 per 100000
Holy shit, looks like my "third world shithole" isn't that bad after all
Seriously, for a so called first world you should be shameful of yourself

México city+metro área
Jalisco
Nuevo León

The rest is basically desserted wasteland

I like São Paulo and Chicago though.

Why all the fighting?

Georgia, North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Michigan aren't relevant.

all of those states aside from michigan are top 10 gdp. i don't know what some of you define as relevant, but money is literally everything. no one cares if you have a neat landmark or your city was featured in a tv show.

This. The map is pretty dead on but you're missing New Jersey. NJ has the 8th largest GDP, the 3rd highest per capita income and the 10th highest median income of all the states.

Virginia and Maryland around the DC area though?

Weird, isnt it the third largest City in the usa? I would expect it to be higher

DC may be relevant, but that doesn't make Maryland and Virginia relevant. Most people outside of the US couldn't point to DC on a map anyway.

Higher than the things beating it? Don't see it beating London, for example.

Niggers destroying shit

Only because they suck off NY's tit every chance they get.

How is Pennsylvania not relevant? Is this a joke?

Unfortunately, your third world shithole is even worse than most people could imagine, which they'll be finding out shortly during the Olympics.

>Michigan
>relevant

This isn't the 1950s son

Yeah, and Boston and San Francisco are 10th and 11th in the country and they are the next ones on the list from the US. Never thought of Boston as a finance city and I live in the metro.

Obviously not London, but Boston and San Francisco?

Even with all the history behind the state, people aren't going to be thinking about Pennsylvania when they think of the US. The most relevant thing about Pennsylvania is that it's next to New York.

Yeah, Rio is kinda of a shithole, I have to agree with you. Good thing I'm not from there. Fuck those fags.

7-1 Joao

Georgia, the Carolinas, and Maryland should not be in there

BC, Ontario, Quebec

Alberta to a lesser extent.

Only relevant because of the federal government.
>Maryland
>Social Security Administration
>NSA
>IRS
>FDA

>Virginia
>DOD
>CIA
>DEA
>TSA

You are a fucking idiot. Georgia, NC, Virginia, Ohio and PA are all in the top 10 largest state GDPs. Michigan and Maryland are the 13th and 15th largest, respectively. Go back to Sup Forums, that's where people like you who pretend to know anything about economics belong.

>mfw

New York, California, Texas, Florida, Washington, New Jersey

plus a few cities

it took me 5 minutes are you proud Sup Forums ?

Both cities have federal reserve banks in them

>Washington

I hope you mean DC and not the fucking Washington state.

>New Jersey

lmao

Didn't get Ontario
Also why is the Pacific part of north america so liberal?

So does Chicago.

you forgot the only good part of Canada: the Maritimes

Once again, no one has said what criteria we're judging states by.

If we're to go on GDP, these are the numbers, the only question is, what is the cut-off?

Otherwise, I can't imagine what sort of intangible quality you're using to determine "relevance".

This
>Idk. I just put it arbitrarily. Cleveland Clinic is kinda famous
Cleveland here in a few years our entire city will be a giant hospital campus, everyone will work for it and they will pay us in prostate exams, halp!

Yukon has great scenery

There's the rock and roll hall of fame, and that's pretty much it

What is Georgia and Ohio relevant for?

Or Washington.

Seems like if those guys are important Alabama would be too given it's such a huge chunk of the Aerospace industry.

>Florida is the biggest laughing stock in the country
>Also the fourth largest state and one of the biggest contributors to our national economy
I'm not sure how to feel about this.

You are a fucking idiot. Georgia, NC, Virginia, Ohio and PA are all in the top 10 largest state GDPs. Michigan and Maryland are the 13th and 15th largest, respectively. Go back to Sup Forums, that's where people like you belong.

7th in GDP
7th in population
5th in Fortune 500 companies (after New York, Texas, California and Illinois)

That's pretty relevant.

Too bad relevance isn't measured in tourist traps.