/éire/ /eire/ /scot/ /brit/ Celtic Union Edition

The Celtic Union is quickly becoming my favourite concept, how about it Scotland?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PGrxHO-B2TY
youtube.com/watch?v=PSH0eRKq1lE
youtube.com/watch?v=OM8Uv5RFOyM
youtube.com/watch?v=lAD6Obi7Cag
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Wales, you don't have a say, just accept it.

>how about it Scotland?

Let Brittany join your Celticuck Union, please, fuck them

We are not going to support Independentist movements. The veto is sure.

why was Wales for leaving?
Dont they get like 500 millions annually from EU?

Do they have to? Are you sure they'll behave?

Because if England leaves then Wales follows. They'd be lost without England.

But it's an independence movement from a separatist nation. Surely that changes the situation?

Why did anyone vote to leave? Because they're idiots

Fuck you

What does this mean for Ireland, I don't see how Britain exiting could benefit us, someone please correct me.

They'll want to kill "evil fascists" and tell you about how much their language/culture is great and we're bad guys...

reunification

Brittanyboo trash

>no Cornwall

Now is the time to rectify this anomaly!

Okay, here's the maximum extent of Celtic Union influence.
We would literally be one of the farthest reaching ethnically-grouped unions in Europe.

Spain's pretty fucked, there's little to no chance that Catalonia will still be a part of Spain 10 years from now. Vetoing Scotland's membership will only hurt the EU more and once the EU collapses and is forced to reform from the ground up, Spain will be in its worst position in years and Catalonia will have its best opportunity for independence ever.

Because Welshmen are all a bunch of rural sheep shaggers.

Thanks ! Good riddance !

>muh celtic union
>not just Skireland

Fuck the Welsh

It doesn't benefit anyone. The UK is weakened, the EU is weakened, more countries are going to start leaving to weaken themselves and the EU further, and you can personally weaken yourself by taking in that shithole Norn.

Now, we'd need a lingua franca, what do you all propose it should be?

Kinda unfortunate that ethnically and linguistically the celts pretty much don't exist anymore.

Yola

I would say it's never too late to start, but unfortunately you're right.
We just have to try our best to keep these genes alive.

Scots and Nordies are not really Celts. They all play soccer instead of GAA and they only recognise Gaelic languages as regional/minority languages. No time for them.

youtube.com/watch?v=PGrxHO-B2TY

youtube.com/watch?v=PSH0eRKq1lE

How does it feel to be independent? Can you feel the Pride?

Thread theme :
youtube.com/watch?v=OM8Uv5RFOyM

It doesn't mean anything for Ireland, after a few weeks of debate and after the Brits are sent back to the polls they will vote to remain.

>unionists will probably want a bunch of concessions when they don't deserve a single thing
>they'll probably start killing people if a United Ireland vote succeeded
Don't think I want this lads, they'll be pushing for "multicultural Ireland that recognises all identities on the island" instead of a fully Irish United Ireland.

only in your dreams

Wales is something like 25% English, so that probably had some effect. Then there's the political dissatisfaction angle - Wales was once full Labour territory, before Labour decided it wanted to be a neoliberal open-borders immigrant-loving party which is a pretty good way to disenfranchise the white working class people. So I'd say some of the Welsh leave vote is a rejection of Labourite sentiment.

Or it's because we're just uneducated sheepshaggers, I dunno.

Fuck off fenian

Scotland isn't even remotely celtic

I see where you're coming from.
Never trust a Hun lad, it's easier if you don't.
We'd have the US on our side if they do try anything - Obama warned they might occupy Britain if Brexit went forward... Or at least something to that degree...

So some Irish singer is trying to kill herself in Chicago and the police are looking for her

Name?

Is it Sinéad O'Connor? She's always doing that, mad bitch.

That's what I thought... Attention whore doesn't come close...

We need to get the tans out of here first

Yeah it's her. They already stopped someone from jumping off a bridge because they are looking for her

ENGLAND AND WALES FOREVER

Balaclavas on lads, we're going dancing tonight.

Wel, Cymru am byth o leiaf, not sure about England

reminder that england is as celtic as any of you
and you are as germanic as us

What matters is aesthetic lad.
We have the Celtic meme sorted, you're still stuck with the Germanic identity.

am scouser so claiming dat irish and welsh ancestry I'm afraid

The English are Celts who decided not to be Celts because Saxon dicks tasted so good. You won't be Celts again until you decide to undo that choice.

You may claim it, but no-one's going to assume it.
If you say you're from Liverpool, no-one outside of the Anglo-Celtic sphere is going to realise your ancestry.
Meanwhile, I'm a mixture of every Celtic gene in Europe, as well as some Norman and Saxon. I'm less Celtic than a lot of people, but I will be identified as such.

Would the migrants be sent here now instead of the U.K.?
Would it become as shit skined as the Brits?

Wales or Northern Ireland?

I WANT MY BREXIT PLEEEEASE
THAT AIN'T WORKING THAT'S THE WAY YOU DO IT
MONEY IS FOR NOTHING AND THE CHICKS FOR FREE

youtube.com/watch?v=lAD6Obi7Cag

No, Scotland will be in UK forever.
Dont think so. We have more region with different cultures and dont want to get independence. In fact, I live in one of those regions. It is too dangerous to let catalonia get independence if Yurop dont want a new yugoslavian war in Iberia.

You're monged if you think Spain would still veto Scotland or if the EU would even care. The EU played it neutral before because they wanted Britain to stay, they have everything to gain now by pandering to Scotland.

Éire aontaithe cathain?

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Time will talk. Personally, I dont want any kind of independentism in Europe because We may turn into yugoslavia but the Eurocrats can play with us how they want. Enjoy your "country"

>implying EU would reject the opportunity to say "haha england you left and countries want to leave you, idiots"

You don't want separatism just because you're afraid Catalonia will secede. Which they want to do because your country is already an economic shithole.

>wales is the only one with any celtic culture left
>wales voted to leave

So will the two Irelands unite now?

The problem is not Catalonia because We still have Madrid whichs is more important in the economical aspect. Problem is that Spain is not an HOMOGENEOUS country. We are like the UK, SIX NATIONS living in a same country: Andalusians, Asturians, Castilians, Catalonians, Basques, Galicians, so on. This with an economic crisis is the perfect moment to turn into Yugoslavia 2.0

Next week m8.

Spoiler: They don't want to secede from Spain because they have a different culture, they want to secede because your country is and has been a mess for decades. You don't even have an industry beyond British tourists and retirees.

>wales is the only one with any celtic culture left
wut

How would you lads feel about an unofficial "union" of sovereign states including a united Ireland and Great Britain?

So how are we with the whole brexit thing lads, good?
Bad?

>they'll be pushing for "multicultural Ireland that recognises all identities on the island"
Honestly, I don't think I'd have a problem with this. If the huns could be guaranteed their rights and their culture, I don't think they'd start shooting people. A few decades of uneasy peace and the populace would be Irish through and through.

I say you that could provacate a war.....

this desu
Ireland is way ahead of Wales.
There's more to being Celtic than sticking your dick in a sheep.
And when will English be demoted from official language so that you are all forced to speak Irish?

>you are all forced to speak Irish?

Obviously doesn't knows anything about the us.

I think that's going to happen anyway. There's too many family connections and jobs shared across the borders that trying to restrict free movement between Scottish/Irish/British citizens would be a political nightmare.

I honestly don't think now's the time. Nationalist apathy up here is at an all-time high. Nobody likes the Shinners and even less like the SDLP. I don't think either of them could persuade even Irish Nationalists to vote for a United Ireland right now. That's how fucking shit the Republican parties are up here.

>Obviously doesn't knows anything about the us.
wut
What do you mean lad?

It's not the 14th century Pablo.

Their language is still alive, whereas the other Celtic nations it's much more relegated to the fringe.

They don't really expect a border poll to succeed, what memers.

Autocorrect, drop the 'the'.

Irish is compulsory in schooling. An awful lot of young people can indeed speak it.
English is just more widespread and more popular.

Culture is more than language. Or are all those bougnoules Trudeau wants to import Canadian now because they speak English?

They're just trying to bolster their support up here. They're fucking hemorrhaging votes because they simply don't represent nationalists anymore.

yeah I know about that, I also know that there are measures to help make it more favourable for students to take it in their final years of schooling.

However I'm talking about further measures.
Irish are always so proud except when it comes to their language, all of a sudden they don't mind an English cock down their throat.

>Letting Wales in

Wales are traitors to the Celtic people3

Anyway, I could happen. We have had 4 civil war in 150 years, Why not again?
You talk when you dont know Spain and how things work here. By the way, there will not be a referemdum in Spain

>welsh language
>celtic

Not really, considering they are Normans

Where's your cut off for alive status? People still speak Irish even if its fringe (it's fringe in much of Wales too).

autism

>they don't really expect brexit to succeed, what memers

Great United Kingdom
Independent Congratulations

what should i wank to lads?

the referendum results

I like it.

It's not like you're going to inspire those Frisians here.

The prospect of a united Ireland.

No they wouldn't, they'd probably want to get rid of the national anthem because "not muh kultur". We'd get some hippy neutral shit that everybody sings in English like Ireland's Call.

That's the one.

Na, I think as long as they were allowed to live in relative peace and "protection" then they'd stay quiet. I don't think the national anthem would even register as an issue for them. Their biggest concern would be "what happens to Loyalist enclaves that are surrounded by Irish nationalists?"

>"what happens to Loyalist enclaves that are surrounded by Irish nationalists?"

build a wall around them and let them starve

They're England's lapdog

its a good day to be alive