what's the difference

Other urls found in this thread:

pbfcomics.com/71/
aidol.asia/idol/cpbd/1546-cpbd-034-mai-ozora-aidoru-movie-fhd.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Japanophile - Admirer of Japanese culture and history, mentally retarded
Otaku - An extremist fan of any kind of media or hobby, mentally retarded
Weeb - shorthand for weeaboo, mentally retarded
Weeaboo - Obsessed with modern Japanese cartoons and the culture surrounding it, mentally retarded
Wapanese - Non-Japanese individual who lies to himself and thinks he's Japanese, mentally retarded

Yea this sums it up pretty well

who is this bremen demon

Japanophile=Weeaboo=Wapanese

japanophile is the normie term, they know some japanese and know some thing about the country

otaku isn't actually about japan, someone who has a niche interest in vn or eroge is an otaku

the other two are the same

the last is a whitey who thinks he is japanese

GIVE SAUCE NOW FUCK

so, top right = japanophile
top left = wapanese
bottom left = weeaboo
bottom right = otaku

how do you call ones who love japan but not mentally retarded

柔道 is very popular here, many normies practice it

That's an oxymoron.

It's impossible to love Japan and not be retarded.

You realize that weeaboo and wapanese are the same exact thing, or are you just a newfag?

> Loving american "culture" is acceptable
> Appreciating Japanese culture makes you mentally retarded

Did you watch superbowl this year?

Americans are actually normal. Have you ever met native japs in real life? They really are fucking weird and crazy.

Sauce!

how does it work
only retards love japan or japan makes them retarded

Both?

So is Karate, martial arts are low power-level imho, even jujitsu is pretty popular

Foreigners who have an interest in Japan are usually interested because of Japan's popular media aimed at children and teenagers, namely cartoons and videogames. Thus these foreign are have a predisposition towards childish personality types.

>tfw realizing shinto is otaku culture

for the west, japan = autism. harmless, but fundamentally unrelatable to normies

this

Not exactly, sure they are almost synonyms but the difference is that the wapanese wants to live in his idealized view of Japan while the weeaboo is simply obsessed with it.
All wapanese are weeaboos but not all weeaboos are wapanese.

Loving american "culture" makes you fat.

>Americans are actually normal
This is what adiposity actually makes you believe

Really?How about Koreaboo?

Maybe the millennials. Anyone who grew up before the Japanimation craze associates Japan with exemplary work-ethic, industrial prowess, and samurai/ninjas.

>Koreaboo
koreaboos are even worse but most of the time they overlap

Koreaboos are usually interested because of Korean popular TV and music so they're more normal than the weeaboos who like anime and videogames.
Maybe when Korean starts producing top quality games and movies that will change.

go to bed gramps

Again, you don't know what you are talking about, yet you arrogantly think so.
Check how and when the word "weeaboo" came around.

K-Pop. Mentally teenagers maybe?

it's all the same shit, just different names. weeaboos is how chaners started to call wapanese faggots.

That Japan is long dead.

If you see someone that is into anime and shit, you call him a fucking weeb. That´s all. No need to bother with other words.

I learned enough Japanese to read untranslated visual novels, but I can barely speak it since I don't have any reason to talk to Japanese people.

At least I am True Otaku™

So you are saying that the native Chinese and Koreans are as plain and normal as oatmeal?

Japanese are abnormal everywhere outside Japan, and everyone outside Japan in abnormal inside Japan.

A society couldn't function if everyone considered their own countrymen to be weird and unrelatable. That's just common sense.

single woman typically are "Koreaboo" but only for their dramas.

koreaboos = want to fuck gooks
weeabs = want to fuck cartoons

thank you

though it's wrong, you should call him otaku, some fans of jap animation are not really fond of japan overall.

The thing is it actually isn't. Younger westerners conflate Japan with the Japanese popular media they've seen localized in the West are stop their analysis there. As if a niche cartoon more popular outside of Japan than in it about romancing your sister says something about a country's ethos. Normal Japanese people would rightfully make fun of you for watching such a thing.

I find that most Coreaboos get into it through music (K-pop, meme shit like PSY) or pro-gaming (SC2, League of Legends).

The other major thing I see is Yellow-Fever faggots (self-loathing beta whites [and blacks] who are OBSESSED with breeding with your women) that merely settle for Coreans and Corean culture as a substitute for the harder to access Nip culture.

I know how it originated but that doesn't matter in how the words are perceived right now.

this is pretty much accurate.

OK,I understood both of them are shit

nuclear radiation

Specifically, when the first non-wapanese started to shit on the original wapanese population, m00t got buttpained enough to wordfilter "wapanese" to "weeaboo", based off this comic:

pbfcomics.com/71/

Since anons have a "lurk moar" mentality, no one actually asked what "weeaboo" meant, and just assumed it was the Sup Forums equivalent of wapanese. And so it was.

Where would Niconico and 2channel browsing fit on the graph?

You are still wrong mate.
Doesn't help your case that the only people who use weeaboo wrong like you do, are the people who have only a superficial understanding of the subject.
Like people saying that the theory of evolution is "just a theory".

You got any more gifs like that one?

t. Koreaboos

The origins of words don't mean anything at all, what matters is how they are used right now.
No one cares if you think it's "wrong", I know how it originated and I still think they are not strict synonyms because I'm not an idiot that thinks language is stationary.

>Like people saying that the theory of evolution is "just a theory".
Stupid false parallel.

Can confirm this

>Grandfather was stationed in Osaka as a medic after WWII and during the Korean War
>Flew my grandmother over to Japan where they got married on his army base
>They lived and travelled all around Japan for 2 years as he worked in the army
>Grandpa comes back to America, but still retains an intense appreciation/ love for japanese culture
>growing up, always heard him using japanese words, we'd go out for japanese a lot, and he had all sorts of cool art and shit from japan that he brough back home

To my knowledge he never watched any of the early anime stuff so I don't think he counts as a weeaboo. I'd like to go there some day and retrace his steps since he left us an itinerary before he died. The whole family has talked about doing it.

>Like people saying that the theory of evolution is "just a theory".
This buttpains me slightly if they use that argument to me specifically, because everytime it goes like this:
>gravity is also a theory
A.
>yeah, but gravity obviously exists, while evolution is [against God/made up]
B.
>well, how do we know gravity exists? It could be something else that causes apples to fall from trees

I'm generally conservative, and this happens like, once every 2 years or so, but godfuckingdamnit, I need a better rebuttal.

he'd still be considered a weirdo back in his day, especially since they were the enemy

Japan has been one of America's most important allies since 1945 you ignorant yob

Its not like the people on this website are well-adjusted, hyper conforming members of society.

Sorry Ding-Suk-Yum, I'm a certified weeb - just disgusted by the yellow fever faggots I am perpetually surrounded by.

the THEORY of gravity and the theory of evolution can both still be wrong. For evolution is highly unlikely. Gravity is pretty much guaranteed to be proven wrong or at least heavily changed in the next 50 years.
Your rebuttal to creationists fucking sucks m8

>since 1945

are you retarded. anti-jap sentiment lasted well into the vietnam war. it then dissapated a bit, then flaired back up in the late 70s and 80s due to cheap electronics, jap cars, and japs buying up american real estate. stop making up shit you have no idea about

>Your rebuttal to creationists fucking sucks m8
You think I didn't notice?

I usually just keep my mouth shut since I recognized it wasn't a good rebuttal.

>mentally retarded
Actuallt this

Did you just imply that gun Otaku are mentally retarded?

SAUCE!
NOOOOW!
WHOOOOO?

Japanophile: obsessed with Japanese culture but not necessarily a degenerate or interested in anime, usually leaning towards the traditional idealized Japan

otaku: obsessed with anime leaning towards harem anime or possibly loli, a fedora before it was cool

weeb/weeaboo: obsessed with anime leaning towards popular anime, can get quite autistic about it, if they are too old they rank as otaku even if they are not perverts

wapanese: someone white and obsessed with Japanese popular culture in general including but not limited to anime, usually learning japanese

pretty much

Otaku is Otaku
it is kinda lifestyle

GIVE ME THE SAUCE

>all those people asking for sauce
c'mon, she have absolutely no ass!

some people don't like big fat asses
tastes differ
someone make this with american culture

>sauce
but for what porpose

>be a catslut
>don't wear a butt plug to hold the tail

I am so triggered right now.

what if you only like the food, qts, and the occasional old nintendo game?

Then you are the average millennial.

I am planning to use it while I'm fapping
It's all ok unless you think you are japanese or make hobbies your reason to live

Fair enough

I'm going to kill myself if I don't get the sauce NOW

I may know her,wait a minuite

It was not implied.

>japanese qts
Mentally retarded.

Japanophile: Generally don't care for anime, more of the type of person to love traditional Japanese culture like clothes, architecture, poems
Otaku: Different meanings in English and Japanese. In traditional English, it means person who is enthusiastic about anime. Modern useage has in many communities been influenced by the Japanese meaning and is more negative.
Weeb: short for weeaboo, may be slightly less negative?
Weeaboo: traditionally, person who were overly obsessed with Japan, mixing Japanse words into their daily speech and glomping random Asians on the street, and trying to act like an anime character in every part of life. However, often used just to mean "person who likes something Japanese" in modern language.
Wapanese: Obsolete term, no longer in use, I guess it means the same as the proper definition of weeaboo.

Weeb and weeaboo are Sup Forums creations. They are meaningless words.

Wapanese is another term for Japanophile.

Otaku is the Japanese word for nerd or geek.

Why Obama is absing that girl?

THE PEOPLE WANT SAUCE NOW!

seconded

demon sauce

Reverse searching, nigger.

Dunno but it's pretty funny
I'm on my phone someone give sauce please

I will be taking those (You)s.
aidol.asia/idol/cpbd/1546-cpbd-034-mai-ozora-aidoru-movie-fhd.html

Sauce please

I did and can't find shit you stupid monkey,why do you think I'm asking.

My nigga

good job cunt

Thanks man, Australia once again did this board a service.

thanks, but isn't this illegal in Australia?

for you

Based aussies.

i found this