Who is Putin and what does he want?

I don't understand most of what putin says seems sensible and kind if inspirering.

So why does he keep pulling russian in an authoritarian direction, he doesnt even need it as it people would be even more inclined to vote for him without this pseudo-democrazy/dictatorship shit?

Link kind of related:Putins new judo instruction video.

>m.youtube.com/watch?v=L3TianKU1KQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D--SNQH52oA&index=9&list=RDWDbdNwu9cm4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurasianism#Neo-Eurasianism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleksandr_Dugin
vox.com/2016/4/4/11360212/panama-papers-russia-putin
youtube.com/watch?v=4jVxZr32tGQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Who is Putin
the Tzar of Russia

>what does he want?
to conquer the world

Any serious answers?

Please respond

why risk losing? thats not the russian way

GDR > FRG

Btw who will be Putin's successor? Who's the favourite candidate?

>I don't understand most of what putin says seems sensible and kind if inspirering.
It's his tactic, to say sensible things and then do nothing about what he said.
>So why does he keep pulling russian in an authoritarian direction
Because people need it
> it people would be even more inclined to vote for him without this pseudo-emocrazy/dictatorship shit
Maybe, but why should he change his perfect plan. He is from KGB. He only knows about foreign policy and doesn't know about economics

Hopefully the person that the people want to see as their president

He is just viewing the world in categories of XVIII and XIX century. He doesnt understand that free and liberal societies work better, are more efficient and happier. He only wants Russia to be a strong, relevant state with powerful and feared army, political influence all over the world and frontiers as wide as possible. The rest of the world doesnt matter for him, he doesnt want to conquer it. He just want Russia to have a prior place in it so it remains it positions for years and decades to come. It has much to do with russian political culture though. Really, for someone from the west its really hard to understand his motives. Its like living in a pararell world.

I bet on Surkov or in worst scenario Shoigu.

youtube.com/watch?v=D--SNQH52oA&index=9&list=RDWDbdNwu9cm4

>It's his tactic, to say sensible things and then do nothing about what he said.
Why don't people hold him up on it?

And now that i got a rus itt
Can you explain to me why the so much of the oposition choses to become insane western house shills like Kasparov?.... I mean it should be obvious that screaming about how russians are brainwashed ship and russia should be punished doesnt get you many followers i Russia.
I mean the kremlin is probably pretty happy about guys like that.

Read "nothing is true and everything is possible" by peter pomerantsev; it will give you an insight into the subject

Yeah i did see some youtube videos about the book and how the kremlin kontrol media and sort of create their own reality.

This however doesnt explain why so many opposition members choose the way politcal sudoku? Is it kremlin that forces this somehow?

>I mean the kremlin is probably pretty happy about guys like that.
Yes, the opposition exists until kremlin allows it. That's our reality. And many people(including me) think that change of power is impossible.
>Why don't people hold him up on it?
Because media. Putin has VERY strong authority. He is like an imperator for most of the people. It isn't a joke.

The opposition is likely infiltrated by kremlin agents to an extent. Also they have no contact with the masses since the people are afraid of participating. In Russia a paragraph for "political extremism" has become a reason of puting people to lagers because of social media posts about faking elections. The regime prevents opposition from forming structures at the most basic level, so their leaders are alienated and shown as delusional vanity class by the media. But also, its not like an average Russian in Chelyabinsk is dreaming about liberals coming to power.

What about navalny couldn't people form around him he seems reasonable without totally submitting to the west. If he just toned down his retorik against the current regime?

> Putin has VERY strong authority. He is like an imperator for most of the people

Imperator Vserossijskij is an awesome title though haha

Well it seems quite hopeless. What about Putin what is his endgame? Tranforming russia into fulky fledged dictatorship? Ohh and i dont buy the "mooore beautiful moneys" argument because its not logically that one of the worlds most powerfull persons, if.not the most powerfull, sole purpose is to hide dollars on a offshore account like some generic tropico dictator. Also he would.never be able to use them if he falls in a revolution.

First, Navalny have received suspended sentences and not allowed to elections.
Second, He just can't compete against such powerful opponent as kremlin. Kremlin has TV, Police, Courts...

So if we want and free and democratic russia the only possible is a "liberal" (here i mean classical not perverted western liberalism) revolution or Putin suddenly decides to change course?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurasianism#Neo-Eurasianism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleksandr_Dugin

I don't think he even knows.

>Aleksandr Dugin

Jesus, is this man actually popular in Russia or just a useful idiot for the Kremlin?

The Siloviki, not Putin, are the one who truly rule Russia. Putin is pro-western compared to his security-obsessed fellows.

both?

>Putin suddenly decides to change course
It's impossible. He built very fragile system and he can't come out without bad effects for him

Russian liberals are the bastards of the failed Westernization. Neither loved by their fellow Russians nor the liberals outside of Russia. They have done everything in their power to insult and sneer the people who would otherwise vote for them.

>fragile

Two economic crises in 8 years and he and his buddies are still in power.

What Russians have to hope for is that economics force him to decide to free the country more.

>in their power
ha ha

Pretty much thisAs far as he might be presented as meme with his spiritual shit, he has also many connections with FSB and big influence on russian ex-special forces political doctrine.

>seems sensible and kind if inspirering
>keep pulling russian in an authoritarian direction

Because, though counter intuitive to everything you've been taught, democracy is not an ideal form of government applicable to all and every country. Russian needs to be authoritarian to hold together, otherwise it will become Poland.

let me translate his name into english and then maby you might get a clue. or maby not.

VLADIMIR=CONQUER THE WORLD

PUTIN=LEADER or "someone who shows you the way"

No, russia was, is and always be anarchy. It is just some anarchists decide to pretend to be democractic, communist, liberal or whatever to gain benefits. Their are litteraly no rules in russia, only power. If you have power, you can avoid any rules, so this is perfect anarchy.

My personal theory on his offshore dolars is that ge gathered them in order to have control over the oligarch system. If you have been paying attention, all the famous russian multi-trillionaires havent been much heard of during last years. They used to sell roubles and create massive currency market shocks in the 90's and 00's, but now these times are gone. Its because Putin has used last 10 years precisely on strenghtening his grip on russian secret services, state structures, army, political system and the economy. And since the whole system is based on corruption, it is only natural that he must be the most corrupt of them all. Again, Putin does not care about economy, employment or growth - he does not think in these categories. What he wants is influence, control and political power, because these are the means of achieving his political goals.

And about changing the course - it wont happen. At least not without approval of state structures - they are ready to crush any form of mass-organized maidan, they know it would put an end to them and they wont let this happen. And even if it did happen, it will most likely be undertaken by something far worse by Putin.

> The Siloviki, not Putin, are the one who truly rule Russia. Putin is pro-western compared to his security-obsessed fellows.
I heard that before but to me it seems that putin basically is the sole decision maker I remember when he went missing for a weak and the whole state went into a state of panic and inaction.
It doesnt seem that week to me? Can you explain what limits and threats there is to the governments control?

>What Russians have to hope for is that economics force him to decide to free the country more.
Russians dont like freedome. They love hard submission by a strong leader.

Currently putin is strongest, but not enough for russians, russians need even more brutal and stronger leader. Someone like stalin.

he depicted it quite accurately

He is the top notch philosopher in modern russia and, probably, in whole europe. He was very popular, but lately he was opressed by the liberal forces as the threat for their sjw, homo, transgender, lgbt, transliberal globalist policy.
He was fired from MGU and killed in media space. But he's still here.

So, who will be the next Uncle Joe?

This guy would be epic as leader of russia.

Do you think that Putin was behind Litvinenko's death?

Do you think there's any truth to Litvinenko's allegation that Putin was a pedophile?

no, he's just a clown

whoever FSB is choosing.

>Do you think that Putin was behind Litvinenko's death?
He was killed by Mi6 or CIA, propably MOSSAD
>Do you think there's any truth to Litvinenko's allegation that Putin was a pedophile?
Their is a high chance he did such things to get the "approval" of western cabal occupiying russia at that time during jelzin reign. You need to do nasty shit to enter the mafia, he propably did worse. They used putin as sexslave when he was a boy, all kind of mind programming and mk ultra, they try to get ridd of him, but they failed and he deprogrammed himself and now on revenge mode.

t:not top secret agent

What if the commies come back to power?

>The Siloviki, not Putin, are the one who truly rule Russia.
*The siloviki, not Putin are the ones who truly rule Russia

silovik = the one who wields force = police&military authorities

keep telling yourself this, clown.

hes wonderfull men and good at economy. but ur right he always "play" opposition.

Thank you for you long reply.
I've been following Mark Galeotti, a british professor and expert in Russian security who have lived for many years in Russia.

He believes that power is money in russia, anything putin could want, he can get the state or the oligarchs to buy.

>The real currency in Russia is not money but power — and the latter can buy the former, but not necessarily the other way around. You can be rich today, but the state can impoverish you tomorrow. Conversely, if you have power, you can always get money.

even retard knows this, money is a tool to gain power.

if people decided to not use money as trading tool, it will loose all the value.

POWER TO THE POEPLE! lol

I believe I stated the opposite......

Nah, theres still a difference I guess in russia from how it works elsewhere.
If money doesnt gives you power in russia, what gives you power?
Being from certain families/political bureaus?

This is just Sup Forumstier logic.

Japs went from neo-fascist muh emperors to pacifist modernists in 30 years.

>what gives you power?

It is showered upon you by the grace of benevolent leader Putin

Only after being emasculated by you for more than 30 years. Same with the Germans (that was a joint effort, though).

he's running from death like all of us
grand schemes for russia and all that is superficial

if you are a high level siloviki with onnections you can always get money if you want
vox.com/2016/4/4/11360212/panama-papers-russia-putin

This article explain it i dont know if its really this bad though..

Also i would like to return to the topic about ways for russia to become a free democrazy, preferable without the extreme liberalism of the modern west.

Thx asshole

He is a clown who says all kinds of crazy shit

Bumpi

>preferable without the extreme liberalism of the modern west.

The amount of political extremists is so ridiculously high in russia that I wouldnt worry about modern western liberalism to become a thing there.
Commis, Islamists, monarchists, slavic-nazis, blends of all of that theyve got everything.
youtube.com/watch?v=4jVxZr32tGQ

Judo is GOAT tier sport.

I've gotten beaten up by 60 year old men who have been practicing for 30+ years.

If you knew what kind of alternatives Russia has to Putin, although not perfect he's still the best of the lot, else we would have actual nazis rulling the country.

t. Russian in "exile"
>doing post-doc in vienna

And the last thing on possible liberalisation - there wont be one. Right Putin could be overthrown only in one situation - if he encountered a major, serious defeat on the international scale. Domestic failures dont harm him - all Russians know how bad things are in the country, yet they accept this state of things because in their perspective he is maintaining Russia's role as a world superpower. But a major defeat on international scale could harm Putin's image of an emperor and by this way he would lose his legitimization. But what after that? The only man who has organizational capabilities for acting on his own in Russia is Ramazan Kadyrov, but russian nationalists will unlikely accept him playing bigger role in Russia. Strielkov as far as I know is in jail now, but his idea of uniting Wsehrussia could be appealing to nationalistic and fundamentalist masses. Liberal opposition is nonexistent and wont play a role except the people somehow organize themselves on the most basic level and create a next maidan or a thing, but right now its unlikely because media has told Russians maidan is chaos and bloodshed, the idea is compromised. And who after Putin from the establishment? Maybe some of his liberal economic advisors would push western reforms to repair the economy, but their position is much too weak for them gaining the power. Its either someone of the polittechnocrats who controls the media - and then we would see an another release of hybrid war - or someone from siloviki that would even more increase position of secret services and maybe the army. But in that case, really everything can happen.

>Why don't people hold him up on it?

Who is going to hold him to it? The popular media is mostly state with other political parties having their own smaller publications. The political parties don't matter because the votes are slightly rigged. Powerful businessmen don't matter because they will be imprisoned (on probably real crimes they did lol). Journalists and politicians who can't be controlled die somehow.

Seriously, picture yourself as a taxi driver in Moscow or mechanic in St Petersburg. Why would you take up arms against this system? You don't even know what's going on.

Also remember that the propaganda is pretty good and there's a good chance Putin himself buys into its general message, even if he knows all of the specifics are lies. Russians believe every war they've been involved in has been defensive and people hat them for literally no reason. It's part of their education, same as my country makes everyone think that we're great liberators with bombers that drop physical liberation. It is simple to couple those lies with Putin and sell it to the public.

How did Putin deal with Russia's organized crime problem? Are the mafia even more ingrained in Russian society now than they were 20 years ago?

>Only after being emasculated by you for more than 30 years

No, after their essentially military government led by an autocrat was replaced. America didn't spoon feed them pacifism, it's not an ideology Americans even know.

He let them join his coalition, and then he killed them all.