good

bad

bad

bien

bad

i still cry about it some nights

good.

>Austrian Empire

Wasn't that called Austria-Hungary, or am I mixing things up?

rest in pieces dumb multiculti state

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austro-Hungarian_Compromise_of_1867

;)

>Venezia

shit

Horrible, God save Emperor Francis

kek

Danke.

You could have linked to the German Wikipedia, though.

>Serbian nationalists
>White

fuckign KEK

this really happend?

youtube.com/watch?v=ldEM3h93Mfg

he was a qt before we messed him up

Let's be honest, it was doomed right from the start because of all the slavs.

yup

austrians kept him alive in dungeon and tortured him for 4 years
he have several heavy diseases including tuberkulosis
this is how he look on the day he shot duke

I think it's one of the best examples that shows that multiculturalism doesn't work.

But no, the only history we are allowed to learn from is ww2.

ouch

Other than Serbs, most Slavs wanted to stay.

The only reason why Austria-Hungary fell apart was because they lost a war and got partitioned by the French, that's it.

step 1 dismantle AH
step 2 lil uzi vert youtube.com/watch?v=rcUM-Pakx4Q

>that negro degenerate sound
What is wrong with you?

bad

Almost teared up at the end of this tbqh.

Why did they have to buy into the nationalists' shit? Why couldn't they have stayed loyal to the crown?

>why didn't they like austrian oppression?

Sorry Austria

>1 US regiment
America confirmed for single handedly winning ww1

such a fucking cunt

fucking French, they ruined Eastern Europe's chances at being less shitty

>Other than Serbs, most Slavs wanted to stay.
>KEK

nah, all Slavs were against staying, Serbs were just the catalysator to the whole thing, we had panslavic protests and movements way before WW1 since 1848. Czechs were especially vocal

>The Pan-Slav congress met during the revolutionary turmoil of 1848. Young inhabitants of Prague had taken to the streets and in the confrontation, a stray bullet had killed the wife of Field Marshal Alfred I, Prince of Windisch-Grätz, the commander of the Austrian forces in Prague. Enraged, Windischgrätz seized the city, disbanded the congress, and established martial law throughout Bohemia.

The Panslavic movement was very marginal, vast majority of the population didn't identify with it. Of course the post-WW1 governments bloated its importance so they could bullshit people with the "monarchy fell apart from within" meme.

Hungary for example called for a referendum in Slovakia during the negotiations in Paris, knowing that the Slovaks would vote for staying in Hungary. This notion was cathegorically refused by the Entente who only recognized the unelected Czechoslovak representatives.

>yes burger, teach me about europe and my countries history

we had massive desertation of slavic soldiers, mostly slovaks, croats and czechs to the serbian side in WW1. this was the reason we took those regiments and sent them to the italian front.

panslavic movement was not marginal, the majority of slavic countries based their national insignia, their national cultural identity, flags and anthems etc. in that period.

also knowing Slovaks, no fucking Slovak would vote to stay in Hungary. Not now and especially not under the massive magyarisation that Croats and Slovaks had to endure then.

>burger

I am originally from Slovakia and I had access to Slovak national museum's archives, so plenty of primary sources. I can assure most of the things they teach in Czech and Slovak history classes are an outright retcon.

>no fucking Slovak would vote to stay in Hungary

The biggest newspaper in Slovak language in the 19th century (Priatel ludu) was overwhelmingly pro-Hungarian, so was most of the nobility, peasantry and clergy. Archbishop Jan Csernoh himself was a staunch monarchist.

Really the only people in Slovakia who overwhelmingly supported the panslavist cause were a handful of protestant activists and intellectuals.

>I am originally from Slovakia
>muh heritage means shit burger
>also "from Slovakia", you are not a Slovak I guess

Yes the nobility and clergy was pro-hungarian since it was hungarian. The biggest newspaper was pro-hungarian since it was not allowed to be pro-slavic. Peasantry was certainly not pro-hungarian since most of them were supporters of the Austrian Emperor to gain independence from Hungary.

Slovakia didn't become a staunch supporter of panslavism then, because they were pro-hungarian. You need to access logic, something burgers lack entirely.

education is your friend:
>During the revolution of 1848–49, the Slovaks supported the Austrian Emperor, hoping for independence from the Hungarian part of the Dual Monarchy, but they failed to achieve their aim. Thereafter relations between the nationalities deteriorated (see Magyarization), culminating in the secession of Slovakia from Hungary after World War I.

>muh heritage

I literally moved here 4 years ago.

>The biggest newspaper was pro-hungarian since it was not allowed to be pro-slavic.

Stur published Slovenskje narodnje novini, which was an extremely panslavist newspaper. Most people weren't reading it since they didn't give a damn.

>During the revolution of 1848–49, the Slovaks supported the Austrian Emperor

Only some Slovaks, specifically the protestant intellectuals I mentioned earlier, namely Stur and Hodza. The reality is that only around 7000 people joined the uprising, around half of them being Czechs and Italian mercenaries. Meanwhile, there were tens of thousands of Slovak honveds in Kossuth's revolutionary army.

>education is your friend

You're literally copypasting wikipedia shit to someone who spent years studying primary sources, I'm afraid I'm more educated on the matter than you are.

Rekt

u know u're bad when italians beat u

We were beaten before italy joined the war.

Okay Austira, you just get a worthy Emperor and we'll handle the rest.
The Empire will shine again

How does that make it better?

aus-hun-cro or no go
youtube.com/watch?v=PIT4xfGQ3Hs&bpctr=1466811836

>tfw shackled to a corpse

it doesnt really, our army was quite incompetent and ever since still is.

the hungarians were very aggressive with their policies and since most of the serbs, croats and slovaks lived in the hungarian part, the people there were pretty unhappy
back in the days before ww1, all the towns in vojvodina had their streets decorated in red, white and green, people had to learn hungarian everywhere etc.

thank fucking christ

This is the grandson of your last king and our last emperor but idk

m8 pls
if it wasn't for the interests of russia and some other countries, the empire would have been dismantled by hungarians somewhere in the mid 1800s, since the austrians themselves have always been incompetent as fuck when it came to war

"Best way to win a war, is to avoid it."- some dude, at some date

I don't care who as long as it's not a fucking modern sjw/equalityfighter/whatever idiot and competent enough.

It's the best example of how Slavs defended that Godless abomination for centuries. If Slavs wanted to crash it, we would have directly joined Turks to siege Vienna or join the Italian march on Vienna

One Bosnian Serbs is not "Slavs wanted to destroy it"

And for all the niggers here perpetuating the "le prison of nations", it took this rump shithole to reach Austria-Hungary prewar standards a second Yugoslavia. My region was successively labeled the most competitive (with the most investments) in Transleithania and without WWI "mishap", we would be a fucking rocket ship. Now, this region s an unemployed shithole with shit communist infrastructure. The only functioning things are from the imperial times. Czechs, Romanians, Hungarians, Slovaks, Slovenes....we would have all be better off. These were not times of Joseph II and the le Germanisation/hingarization boogeyman was no longer plausible

He used to be in the Austrian People's Party (övp). Its christian and conservative.

or
''marry some crazy spanish bitch for cash and titles and have other countries fight wars for you'' - some austrian duke

They deserted because you sent them to fight Slavs. We didn't desert against the French, Brits or especially Italians. Plus, we were losing the war, demoralisation was a given

not just that, we were fighting in the mountains, ill equipped, no or not appropriate infrastructure for supplies. No wonder so many deserted in the east.

>mountains
>in the east
Though yes, bad infrastructure was crucial. The empire went to war with around 2-3 million mobilised people, outif around 50 million. Only managed to equip 2-3 million people and get them to the front. LATE, since the empire didn't bother updating the arms and infrastructure since then Austro-Prussian rektening 50 years before

Why? "We are allies with Germany! They'll defend us!"

Yeah the mountain range in hungary (Carpathians), thats were all our manpower got sucked up.

I thought Galicia was the slaughterhouse

Well yeah both were neck breaking.
Carpathian = 320.000 dead/captured/wunded
Galicia=324.000 dead/wunded 130.000 captured

Its high time for a Czech to bring a light of knowledge to this debate.

>Czechs were treacherous shits meme
not true entirely, there was big pan-slavic sentiment but since we were like 500 years under Austrian rule
nobody really thought it could mean more than getting some minor autonomy and authority in the empire
moreover Bohemia and Moravia were the most industrial regions of the whole Europe, so naturally
people could give a fuck about shit like politics and other memes unlike Slovaks and other backwater shitholes
where people had to plow their fields 24/7 and couldnt be bothered thinking about who they will eventually pay their taxes to

on the contrary when the war broke out, major uprising in big Czech cities was anticipated and army secured
all the cultural hubs in Bohemia and Moravia.. to their surprise no uprisings happened and Czechs
showed up to drafts in hefty numbers.

As to the gutting of the empire, I think the most surprised people were the Czechs.
>originally wanted only Bohemia and Moravia (+maybe Sorbia if anything)
>Entente said: "Lmao you get Slovakia and Subcarpathian Rus as well."

Thank fucking god. They literally outdid the Savoia in mismanaging Italy.

Not trying to teach you about your own country, but there was also the recently born Austroslavism that could have kept everything together had there not been war.

RIP