At what age did you move out of your parents house?

At what age did you move out of your parents house?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/society/2014/mar/24/dependent-generation-half-young-european-adults-live-parents
twitter.com/AnonBabble

18.. i was kicked out actually, if i had my way i would have stayed atleast another 2 years

Do you feel like it helped you grow as an adult?

I didn't.

never

Why are Italians so lazy?

Yeah i guess so, that first year was rough, got better the second year though, i say that i would have stayed atleast another 2 years because it was so abrupt and i didnt really have time to prepare myself

26 and still dorms/parents

they like to "enjoy" life.

I wouldn't call playing videogames and being dependent on your parents during the best years of your life as enjoying life.

Do they bring girls over to their parents house? Isn't it kind of awkward with their parents being in the room right next to it

23 years of age, which is considered very late here.

> Impgnarlang

21 and not anytime soon

Why don't you move out?

Do you really enjoy living with your parents?

18 for uni, felt pretty bad missed my moms cooking

24 and I'm still living with them.

It's too expensive to move out here :( and my parents love me and aren't exactly kicking me out anyway. Wouldn't mind some privacy though

Moved out at 18
Moved back at 22

I think I was 18, then I moved back in and maintain me mum and lil bro. She's pretty nice, so I give her money for shoes, me and lil bro pay for everything, so she lives like a queen, it's nice to just live with 3 people.

theguardian.com/society/2014/mar/24/dependent-generation-half-young-european-adults-live-parents

Moving back in, parents are the ones who moved out and are lending it to me for a year

i'm 35 now

24, moved across the country for university
Couldn't have stayed, I can't combine living at home with studying.

It was one of the best things I've ever done

Aren't you a little old for this website?

Kinda late for someone going to Uni.

Left for uni at 18, only returned over summers and for a couple months after graduating, now I live alone.

"mama's boy"

I don't think I will ever leave.

YEAAA

yes. i just come here to post maps and charts.

I'm 30 and live at home.

I am the only one who still lives with his parents at the age of 30 yr?

I'm 23 and still living with mom

20, I'm 22

You're saving money on rent. Who cares.

Fucking hell lads.

No, im 37

Yes that's fucking weird.

>You're saving money on rent. Who cares.

Dude at some point saving money on rent isn't really worth it when you need to live like a manchild and have no freedom

24, but I am leaving soon for another country so that's quite a big jump

Most of the time it's when you get married.

W-where do you guys go to live when you leave?

I'm 24. It's not quite 30, but it's starting to get a bit weird.

I just kind of lost track of time. And then I was 30.

I want to move out within a year though.

Me too
:D

>live like a manchild and have no freedom
It depends on the parents I guess. I wanted to move out when I was 5-10 t.b.h. because my parents never respected my privacy.

25, still live with my dad.

I got accepted into a local university so I had no need to move out into a dorm. Just took the bus from a bus stop near my house.

I have severe depression and anxiety. No friends since elementary school. All I do is play video games, browse the Internet and and read books.

I don't have the willpower to even look for a job because I feel like there's nothing in life that's worth working for.

I'm basically hoping to die in my sleep at some point because I'm too much of a coward to even kill myself by my own hands.

My dad is 75 years old and has essentially given up hope of me ever becoming a worthwhile individual, especially after my mother abruptly died of brain cancer a few years ago.

I've tried anti-depressants, therapy, self-help books, etc. Nothing helps.

Most parents don't respect their child's privacy though.

It's kind of hard to when they always see you as their child and think they know better, also the big gap in age plays a large difference

>I've tried anti-depressants, therapy, self-help books, etc. Nothing helps.

Try moving out. This is what happens when you stay too long with your parents

Still here lel

You don't want to change.

Why? I would be doing the exact same useless shit I'm doing now, except having to pay an extra $1,000 a month to live in a shitty apartment.

If I had any amount of motivation in my soul I would have moved out long ago, believe me.

I never claimed that I did.

then bought my own house and have them live in it

left that home in their care and now live alone again

Fuck off. Don't force your normie hellish existence on comfybros living at home. Living at home is top tier. If I had to live in some shitty appartment all by myself I'd fucking end it.

Why go to therapy then? You're just wasting your time.

>Why? I would be doing the exact same useless shit I'm doing now, except having to pay an extra $1,000 a month to live in a shitty apartment

No. You would have confidence and feel like a man who actually supports himself and is engaged with the outside world.

Living with your parents at such an age should jsut be embarrassing and is quite pathetic

>If I had any amount of motivation in my soul I would have moved out long ago, believe me.

Well whatever you're doing right now isn't working.

You need to break the cycle... or don't and remain the same.

You control your life, not the other way around.

18. College. After college I lived with my girlfriend for about 5 months before I got a job and could get a place.

Rich cunt or did you buy a trailer?

>Don't force your normie hellish existence on comfybros living at home

>Comfybros

he doesn't sound very comfy, sounds like he's quite miserable actually.

My parents basically noped the fuck out here and left me finish degree

still haven't i live in London

>being in the room right next to it

>implying they don't still sleep in bed with momma and papa until they're married
>implying entire extended familes in Italy don't shower together
>implying they don't give long passionate kisses to their mothers and fathers as greetings

just middle class, worked throughout college and happened to be lucky buying a house during 2009.

>comfy

He sure sounds comfy.

Fucking hell you moron, I said I TRIED therapy. Several times, years ago.

Never again since then.

It is undoubtedly a comfy lifestyle restricting oneself to a safe space where you don't have to put any effort towards anything.

But comfiness can only go so far.

18. Pretty much the same for all my friends.

If he doesn't see how much better living at home is that's his own fault. Living alone doesn't magically make you happy. In fact it usually is hell because of loneliness and bills and shit. I have friends that live in their own and I fucking pity them.

we usually live with our parents til we finish college at 24 or 25, only people who don't finish high school live alone and they have a poor piss job by the time they're 18 here

>finish my degree at 24
>start doing a second degree because why not
>never finish the second degree, but instead spend my days gaming, 4channing, going to the movies and doing lots martial arts
>turn 30
>oh shit
>decide to start my own business (which isnt profitable yet) and get a job
>now applying for jobs
This is where I'm at.

>It is undoubtedly a comfy lifestyle restricting oneself to a safe space where you don't have to put any effort towards anything

That's your comfort zone because you're scared of doing anything

Why don't you at least TRY it for a little bit, and see if you like it or not? Move out for a year, work, make friends and if you don't like it then quit your job and go back to living with your dad.

>In fact it usually is hell because of loneliness and bills and shit. I have friends that live in their own and I fucking pity them

>Loneliness
Where do you bring your friends and girlfriend/girls over? Your parents house? Cmon. That's lame as fuck

>H-hey gurl wanan come over to my mom's house? lemme just ask my mom to order us a pizza

I have my own floor with two rooms and a bathroom at home. Pretty comfy.

You sound like a fucking normalfag. Your life shouldnt revolve around keeping up appearances. If anyone that I'm around has an issue with my living at home then they aren't the kind of people I want to associate with anyway.

Exactly. You said you tried all those things but have no intention on changing. I informed you that you were wasting your time. Have fun with that ass-blasted depression. You don't have to make everyone else miserable because you are.

What if I live with my wife's family? Is that considered shamefur? We lived on our own since for 4 years but her grandma was going to sell the house unless we moved in, and plans on giving it to us when she dies. Seemed kind of dumb to keep renting or go get a mortgage considering that desu.

>If anyone that I'm around has an issue with my living at home then they aren't the kind of people I want to associate with anyway

Do you even have any friends then?

I'm just genuinely curious what kind of girlfriend you would have that doesn't mind a manchild whose dependent on his parents

>You sound like a fucking normalfag

Wow, what an offensive insult. What else? Are you going to use non-virgin as a pejorative too?

A friend of mine is a 30 year old neet.
His girlfriend is a teacher for mentally handicapped people.

She talks and acts like a 12 year old.

>A friend of mine is a 30 year old neet.
>His girlfriend is a teacher for mentally handicapped people.
>She talks and acts like a 12 year old.

Living the life

NEET master race

He has to do the cooking though.

Never have.

So your friend is a housewife?

I left my parents house when I was 16 for uni. Finished at 19 and have now spent 2 years mostly as a NEET (I work during summer). I'm leaving in August/September though. A bit worried desu.

Yeah. He's a house man. While she works he plays World of Warcraft and Warhammer.

Sounds fun and manly
Kinda envying him right now

As I mentioned initially, I am a coward with severe anxiety. If I made any radical changes to my lifestyle it would probably result in a panic attack.

Your statement was phrased in such a way as to imply that I was currently seeing a therapist despite stating that they were unhelpful. That is misinterpreting my initial statement.

I tried therapy several times initially, just as many depressed individuals do. It did not work out for me and I reached the conclusion myself that it was a waste of time and money.

I may be a depressed sack of shit, but at least I'm not an illiterate fuckwit.

I'm 21 and live with my mom and gran, still trying to figure out what the fuck I'm going to do with myself.
For the last few months I've been cleaning our condemnable house because I realized it's pretty much all I can expect to inherit and at the very least if it's clean I could rent rooms when it's mine.

>As I mentioned initially, I am a coward with severe anxiety. If I made any radical changes to my lifestyle it would probably result in a panic attack.

it's the only way you're going to change though. Yeah it'll be hard at first but you have to do it, if you want change of course.

If you are happy and meeting your goals in your current position then continue doing whatever you're currently doing, being happy and attaining personal goals is the most important thing afterall.

I'm sometimes jelly of him as well.

I tried to get him to do something productive, but it's nearly impossible. He once had a job and everytime I walked past the store where he worked I saw him sitting there with a bored face. With boring facial expressions and silly remarks when he helped people making him appear like a bored Mr. Bean. And then he went home early every day out of boredom. So he got fired pretty quickly.

sounds like a worthless piece of shit

Why do you even talk to him?

I was 22. Had to move to another city for my master's degree.

Right after puberty because uni. Most people here wait until they start working before moving out tho, unless they wanna go live with their gf or they can't study from home.

>Do they bring girls over to their parents house? Isn't it kind of awkward with their parents being in the room right next to it
Didn't you learn how to deal with this issue when you were in high school? Or did your parents throw you out before you hit puberty?

I'm 18 and I'm moving to uni dorms in 2 months. Kinda glad, too many fights with my family recently. I know I'll miss them but I like the idea of being independent.

>Right after puberty because uni
Top kek, right after high school I mean. I should go to bed.

I understand what you're saying. It makes rational sense.

But I cannot determine any goals that are worth working towards.

I don't want to start a family.

I don't want to travel the world.

I don't care for any expensive material goods like a fancy car.

I'm not going to start busting my ass without any goals in mind that would justify it.

I may not be happy in my current state, but I've determined that it's still better than any alternatives.

24 and counting
Pretty normal in here(and in LatAm).

>But I cannot determine any goals that are worth working towards.

So try everything and find something you have a passion for.

>I may not be happy in my current state, but I've determined that it's still better than any alternatives.

Well as long as you're happy, change is scary and strange, best to avoid it all together.

I'm going to go now, wasted too much time as it is. Good luck

I know him from elementary school. And we've been friends ever since.

I haven't. I'm 27.

It's pretty much normal to not move out of your parents house until you graduate from uni or even until you've worked for 2~3 years

Shouldn't you have graduated by 22-23?

No? A law degree takes 10 years and I entered uni at 22

i'm 27 and still living with my dad. minimum wage is barely covers rent so i'm not leaving.