Let's have a war over two irrelevant rocks, some small towns and a bunch of penguins

>Let's have a war over two irrelevant rocks, some small towns and a bunch of penguins.

Was it worth the 907 lives lost?

> >Let's have a war over two irrelevant rocks, some small towns and a bunch of penguins.

If they were "irrelevant rocks", no one had fought for them, isn't it?

It's more of a symbolic issue.

We had to fight back to prove we still had it in us.

really makes you think

I think the penguins were worth it
My country and the frogs went to war for a fucking cake so

The civilian population wanted to be British.
Britain needed to demonstrate that they could and would still fight.
Argentine casualties aren't even real people anyway, so only 258 really died.

And you pulled it off thanks to stupidity of the Argentinians.

> east Falklands
> On the western islands

Also

>Small islands with 3000 people
>Having 14 provinces

>backing away from the opportunity to kill black people

This, glad somebody gets it!

Tbf senpai hes only brown cause hes burned can you not read captions?

I wish things we didn't have to participate in the war in the first place, it only created bad blood between us, and while 'bolivarianism' isn't my thing either, we certainly could use a lot more cooperation in key areas.

At any rate, we did so because our country was in danger of being invaded too, in fact Galtieri was planning on invading Chile after his expected success on the islands. We we also going through a huge crisis and an arms embargo, so there was little else we could do at the time.

In any case, the doors of history are open again, the very Brits kicked them down and allowed the world to move forward once again. I hope we both have the chance to make things right this time around.

Tbh Argentina always tried to be the power of latam and always failed miserably. How many times they backstabbed everyone in all history?

That's part of what I mean by making things right now that we have the chance. We're way past the age of majority as nations, it's time to to stop being manchildren if we want to ever achieve great things.

Headquarters, Land Forces
Falkland Islands

INSTRUMENT OF SURRENDER
I, the undersigned, Commander of all the Argentine land, sea and air forces in the Falkland Islands surrender to Major General J.J. MOORE CB OBE MC* as representative of Her Britannic Majesty's Government.

Under the terms of this surrender all Argentine personnel in the Falkland Islands are to muster at assembly points which will be nominated by General Moore and hand over their arms, ammunition, and all other weapons and warlike equipment as directed by General Moore or appropriate British officers acting on his behalf.

Following the surrender all personnel of the Argentinian Forces will be treated with honour in accordance with the conditions set out in the Geneva Convention of 1949. They will obey any directions concerning movement and in connection with accommodation.

This surrender is to be effective from 2359 hours ZULU on 14 June (2059 hours local) and includes those Argentine Forces presently deployed in and around Port Stanley, those others on East Falkland, West Falkland and all outlying islands.

[signature] Commander Argentine Forces
[signature] J. J. MOORE Major General
[signature] Witness - Pennicott

2359 hours 14 June 1982

is he butthurted or somthn?

>Was it worth the 907 lives lost?
Absolutely.
Anyway, Argentina's fascist dictatorship only did it to distract from their appalling performance at home.

Everyone dies eventually.

>a third-world, dictator-led, impoverished country who fought primarily with conscripts on one side
>a first-world, UN Security Council member, NATO superpower on the other
You still don't get it, don't you?

And you still fought them.