Scotland has a referendum for independence

>scotland has a referendum for independence
>votes against leaving the UK
>UK has a referendum to leave the EU
>scotland votes against them leaving
>they fail
>uhhh hmm
>lets try independence again

what the fucking fuck is there fucking problem?

Scotland didn't want to leave the UK since they'd have to renegotiate their position vis-a-vis the EU.
With the UK on track to leave the EU anyway (and Scotland largely disagreeing), one of the main reasons to stay with the UK (stability in the EU) is gone.

Scotland anons, it's finally your moment for being finally free! Do it for William Wallace

The biggest factor in scots voting to stay in the UK was that they wanted to stay in the EU so they want to stay in the EU. how is this confusing?

I hate that I have a Scottish last name and this blood running through me.

but you have the blood of that wallace dude that mel gibson played in braveheart and stuff

Hope we get our own Sup Forums flag when we become independent

this is the guy I was talking about

well, one of the main threats from the scottish "remain" campaigners is that Scottland would lose their status in the EU, and they would be better if they stayed in the UK which was also inside the EU. And two years later the UK decides to leave the EU. I can kind of understand why they are mad.

does scotland export anything significant

im sure their HDI will go down if they leave

It would be pretty good, it's an original flag t.b.h

Oil. Pretty sure they contribute more to the national budget than they take once all things are considered, plus they can get tourism bux and tax haven bux if they play it nicely.

/thread

>needing to explain that scotland just wanted to stay on uk because of eu
why are aussies so dumb?

Can a Scot answer this for me:
What's the point of leaving the UK if you just want to cede your sovereignty to the EU instead? It's just switching one boss for another

Stability which is the most important thing to a modern economy due to how financial markets work.

they're subsidised by England just like all the GB countries
they even get free 3rd level education and the English don't. They wouldn't be able to do the tax haven thing because we already do it and so does Luxembourg. There's no reason to go to Scotland over Ireland for tax purposes

but the point in leaving is that they say the English Parliament ignores the Scottish needs. Why do they think the EU would be any different? It would be worse if anything since they'd only have about 6 meps out of 800+

>they're subsidised by England just like all the GB countries
What matters is the total balance of the sum of intra-national transfers, all things considered. I'm not sure it's not going to be like that.

>They wouldn't be able to do the tax haven thing because we already do it and so does Luxembourg. There's no reason to go to Scotland over Ireland for tax purposes
Tax havens come and go, they might pull it off, at least they can provide competition which is always good.

Plus, low population and potential for tourism bux with golf n shiet.

>but the point in leaving is that they say the English Parliament ignores the Scottish needs. Why do they think the EU would be any different?
Now that I don't know. From that perspective it's not the best choice. But the stability of the boring old euro can be very good, the euro is actually great for the more powerful eurozone economies that can thrive with the high value of the currency, Scotland could be one,

but belgium would cuck them out of membershp if they left the uk now anyway

If all of Scotland voted to remain then remain would've had a majority

greece is also basically kept "afloat" with tourism bux, doesn't seem to be helping them too much.

Sorry we don't always give you the things you deserve UK bros, we're the neglectant older brother who loves you dearly but has trouble showing it

I think Greece's major industry is cement or something stupid like that.

scotland rejected their independence despite what we told them, there will not be another chance for 10 years and by then the EU will not exist anymore or it won't let them in