Why are Americans so FAT?

why are Americans so FAT?

i look like a skeleton in comparison to everyone else. people always joke about my weight and tell me to eat a sandwich. I fucking love sandwiches.

is your country fat?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a3ir9HC9vYg
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-01-07/how-americans-got-so-fat-in-charts
youtube.com/watch?v=I6HmlvQx64A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>why are Americans so FAT?

Genetics

Honestly, why are other countries so skinny? Don't you like to eat? Is your food gross? Is there not enough?

I know your feel.

TOUCH MEEEE
youtube.com/watch?v=a3ir9HC9vYg

my bmi is 22.2
the standard is around that over here. we do have obese fucks but they are looked as the cancer of the community. control your eating lazy fucks

Big bones

I think it's because the poor(but not limited to) are encouraged to eat more than necessary when going to all those junk food restaurants and such. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't they give you discounts if you take extra large portions?

tfw you're skinny and still have small moobs

Well there are combos, which is like an entree plus fries and a drink. It's often more pricy to get the fries or drink seperately so people usually get the combo.

Also the cost to upgrade a small combo to large is usually between $.50-1.00 so most people see it as too good a deal to pass up.

because over half the country is from an old world shithole where having fat rolls was seen as a sign of wealth and general well being, only poor faggots are skinny.

I heard that fast food is cheaper in the US than buying groceries and cooking it yourself, unlike Europe. Poor people overeat said food and get fat. Correct me if I'm wrong.

>is your country fat?
No.

weve wrecked our metabolisms with constant corn syrup drips and crash diets (losing too much weight at once can ruin your metabolism for the rest of your life)

I bet if you took an american and something else of equivalent body structure, and had them do the exact same things and eat the exact same things every day, the american would be fat.

Its cheaper than all the other no-hassle alternatives.

Not cheaper than cooking your own food from raw ingredients like.. potatoes and stuff. But nobody does that because takes forever. Only special occasions.

An article about this

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-01-07/how-americans-got-so-fat-in-charts

W-what? Are you saying it's not normal to cook proper meals?

>you bigot, how dare you call me fat?? It's you who are skinny, perhaps you should try eating you skinny son of a bitch!

the average american eats fucking garbage with lot of fats and other unhealthy shit.
I guess

Because Americans are so stupid. You guys can't count calories when you guys eat.

I got this theory that we used to be mostly rural farm people who spent 12 hours a day doing manual labor burning millions of calories, so men built up this mentality that they had to eat a lot and that they could never waste any food.

Well we got to this point where most people are not moving around, foods marketed to children are extremely concentrated because it tastes good, and parents still have this traditional mentality where if you're not constantly eating buttered cornbread, you're going to die.

I was fat until leaving home, and when I was responsible for choosing my own meals and when I would eat them, I lost all of the weight. That was sitting 8 hrs a day at a computer, too.

>70% overweight

I am healthy weight. Why don't I get a medal?... Or a gf would be nice...

I know only one obese person, it's really taboo here to be very fat.

I've been to murka once and your food is fucking gross
[spoiler]also I'm fat despite not being murkan[/spoiler]

>no meme spoilers on Sup Forums
kurwa

post pics

what is fat in eastern europe

Big bones, water retention, and thyroid problems. What else could it be?

not autismo enough to take pics of myself and post them online, but found someone with a body similiar to mine who did
it can differ though, there are people slightly slimmer than me and pic related who are still considered fat and people fatter than us

>be me
>fat and r9k tier depression manlet
>start watching anime and playing VNs
>watch single hit guy
>unironically inspired
>do his workout routine everyday except the running
>drink ton of water and eat nothing but bananas and bread slices with peanuts butter
>3 months pass don't really real different
>increase the exercise from 100x to 200x and start running 5 miles over a week
>one day aunt comes to visit
>"omg user you're so skinny"
>think she's lying
>"no you don't have a double bin anymore"
>t-thanks
>go look in the mirror to confirm its true
>no more 2nd chin
>go to a Safeway to use the vitals machine
>went from 197 pounds to 162 pounds
>feels good
>keep doing the workout and don't feel as depressed

why does this exist.

what the actual fuck.

Stress fat. Some countries (China) eat more than we do but don't balloon out.

fat fuck
t. 22.0

Met a fat person 2 days ago, she was nice tho

China is also fat country and now No. 2 for obesity. Chinese kids are almost as fat as Americans.

she lost the weight though

If you don't live in the South you don't really understand this issue

My arms are so small. All these women with their fat fucking arms. I despise them. I don't care about fat men but why do women carry so much fat in their arms and why are they all so fat

wew

Because they eat actual food and not just concentrated fat and corn syrup

very wew

I EAT TWINKS LIKE YOU FOR BREAKFAST

Americans aren't fat, it's just that bmi doesn't distinguish between muscle weight and fat weight

Absurdly cheap and abundant food supply. The US has a ridiculous amount of farmland

>Only working out on triceps day

The Japanese can't be fat, because we will die before getting much weight.
Whether people can get weight or not is based on DNA, so Americans should be proud of the DNA which allows them to be extraordinary fat.

That too.

hahahaha that pic hahahaha

I'm fat because I'm a beer-drinking alcoholic. I literally consume about 4-5kg of beer a day. Then I'll eat like, 600cal of food. Still fat, sucks. Also I walk to and from work which is like a 40min walk.

If I stop drinking I shed the weight FAST because I'm 186cm and still only eat like 600-800cal a day.

Is she melting? I'm affraid.

fast food is absurdly cheap with huge portions, when you're poor you take jobs that require you to work many hours which leaves no time to cook a balanced meal, you go out and buy 4 big macs for $10 for your family and you're done with dinner. do this every night and you have an obese family.

maybe this is true

youtube.com/watch?v=I6HmlvQx64A

Don't be

What about sumo wrestlers?

>Not taking 30 minutes of your time to properly cook a dinner.

All you farm is corn

Cooking really doesn't take as much time as people think

It does to me.
Why should a normal human being be expected to do something that is considered a profession on its own now?

People don't expect me to do my job and then come home to be a plumber, why should I be expected to be a cook?

This exactly. Cheap food here is fattening, unhealthy, and also very convenient. Many of the very poor, and especially people like truck drivers whose jobs require them to be on the road for long periods of time, eat almost nothing else.

There's also the fact that certain regional/cultural cuisines (specifically Southern food, and Soul food which is derived from it) are INCREDIBLY fattening and unhealthy, so even non-poor black people and Southerners have a noticeable tendency toward being overweight because their traditional cuisine is that certain combination of delicious and almost comically unhealthy that almost guarantees that you will pack on pounds if you eat it regularly - and Southern culture, I think, has a certain disdain for healthy eating (or rather for worrying about it).

Plus there's the fact that, as a society, we are rather... sedentary. There are a few reasons for this, particularly things our dependence on vehicles, our addiction to electronics and Internet, generally the fact that we're very used to convenience and to almost constant electronic stimulation from computers, cell phones, games, TV, etc..

Do you also hire a cleaner every time your apartment gets messy

Because eating is basic human function.

DELET THIS

but yeah though, they do

I cook on my own, but it's a fuckin' pain in my cock desu. I used to buy alot of frozen food (good frozen pizzas and burritos and shit) because like... sometimes when I get home I just want to immediately turn on my computer and watch GoT. So I microwave a bag popcorn, sit the fuck down with a beer and enjoy myself.

I'm so fucking sick of these random, vocal, know-it-alls on the internet and media telling me about myself. My mind is my own and my alone.

I have a position in a clothes/etc gear shop. And goddamn I say we're fat as fuck.

75% of the customers, despite the shop being oriented towards male outdoors gear, are female.
And the vast majority of them are so fat, the best way I can describe an avarage ass I see, is as wide as a pizza oven.

Every single day I am disgusted by my customers, and try my best to put on a smile, as I explain
"WE DONT HAVE CLOTHES FOR A FUCKING MINIVAN"
in the most polite way I can.

And I thought I was a disgusting fatso at 6'4, 230pounds.

In contrast, males that shop there, are usually of normal build, are very knowledgeable what they want and need, and usually do "precision strike" shopping, and are fun to do business with.

What do you usually cook? I'm preparing some food right now and at the moment I'm just waiting for the potatoes to boil and the meat to fry. I have some vegetables waiting on the plate, albeit a pretty meager amount. But still, I'm basically done after five minutes

It's funny how differently men and women shop, men know what they'll get and just go pick it up. Meanwhile my mother could wander around for an hour in a supermarket

Sandwiches from scratch, burgers from scratch, rice pilaf, taquitos from scratch, basic vegetable sushi etc. I also make alot of fish as it's very cheap here in Boston. Last Friday I marinated some cod overnight in a mango-based marinate, slathered it with egg whites, rolled it around in coconut flakes. Then slathered it again with egg whites, make a second crusty layer with bread crumbs. Cooked it up on a skillet, then drizzled it with some badass hotsauce I got from the cayman islands a few years back. Everybody at the little party I hosted fuckin' loved it.

I don't have pics for proof cause I didn't take pics and I'm not weird like that

It's weird you would make food that takes more effort, if you don't really like cooking

you have to understand that we spend a LOT more time in cars than you do. So that 30 minute dinner is potentially two hours of extra effort, an we all know fat people hate effort

this better be a pasta, or else malnourishment is inbound

>So that 30 minute dinner is potentially two hours of extra effort

How? Don't you have grocery stores nearby

ive only started cooking on my own, it's actually very simple and takes very little time (provided you multitask instead of just staring at the stove entire time). simple dishes, that is.

most people that "cant" cook cant be bothered to try, or are too lazy to lift a muscle after work (understadable)

Damn man I boiled almost a kilo of these potatoes and I've eaten all of them soon

But surely you have grocery stores nearby in those suburbs of yours? It's odd, because probably 9/10 meals for me is home cooked - like it is with most Norwegians I think.

>fatugal

Americans are fat because they're too lazy and/or macho to eat foods that have a high fiber content, such as non-potato vegetables. Their idea of a proper ratio of meat to vegetables and grains is 10:1:2. They also enjoy drinking a ton of soda and growth-hormone-laden milk, washing it down with potato chips and high fructose corn syrup-laden sweets. They are also sedentary and don't walk or bike as much as Europeans. The American life expectancy is liable to go down as the post-Baby Boomer generations get older.

That's bullshit, most of you share genetics with Europeans who are not even remotely as obese.