How do you like the German flag from a design and aesthetics point of view...

How do you like the German flag from a design and aesthetics point of view? Please don't consider any associations with the country, current politics, etc.

I don't like it. It has too little contrasts and could be seen as brown from far away. Belgium did a better job with those colors because the yellow next to black gives it more contrasts. My favorites are Russia and Netherlands

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7sbFAgd2PBE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Go back the the German Empire bitte

zu wenig Wappen

The first time I saw the German flag I thought it represented fire.

Germans should never be allowed to have their own country

Red reminds me of blood.
Yellow reminds me of envy.
Black reminds me of death.

The black/white/red one was better

>Yellow reminds me of envy.

???

Isn't green the traditional color of envy?

I love it from the historic point of view, representing the fight people fought for centuries to gain freedom and democracy (its colours originate from the uniforms of the militias fighting against Napoleonic oppression in the early 19th century - the first kinds of freedom fighters we had)
Aesthetically it could of course be better than a tricolour, but still I think it's the most beautiful flag we had up to this point. The German flag until 1919 (red-white-black) is too plain and uncolourful for me, and the Nazi flag just seems like an elaborate company logo.

well, green is related to shame in Hebrew expressions

>hey guys, let's just grab three stripes of different colors and align them horizontally to make our national flag

black red mustard

>I love it from the historic point of view

Please only design /aesthetics, thx

black red piss is not my flag

I really don't like our flag, it's a relatively generic tricolor, eventhough it's not as bad as the red, white and blue tricolors.
As a kid the yellow and red always reminded me of fries and ketchup and the black were burned ones. I've been a fat child.

Not money?

>Poles should never be allowed to have their own country

It's just a tricolor of course I don't like it

GDR flag was cool, prussian flag was cool. A lot of your regional flags are also very nice.

Are you aware that only dollars are fully green?

The currency bills of Israel come in different colors.

All currency through history has always been green yes.

It looks like something out of the Matrix or any movie or video game with lots of latex and tacticool stuff.

boring tricolore #532
shit blood piss

fuck germany and the flag

Same here but you guys get truckloads of American money.

Ameribux

Always interesting to hear what other ppl associate the colors with. Burned fries, ketchup, normal fries is my favorite so far

poor choice of aspect ratio

bbq sauce
ketchup
mustard

Please don't wave it too high I don't want another war

Like I said, I also think that it's aesthetically/colourwise the best flag we had up to this point. Also, history only adds up to the design. Nobody would say that the French flag is one of the best designed flags in the world, but because it's so associated with the French revolution, it has its own iconic style.
The only flag that can compete with the tricolour imho is the Wirmer flag (pic related) but since it's abused by the fucking right-wing retards of PEGIDA it's considered unflyable

boring tricolor

It's just a tricolor.

not a fan of flags that are just 3 colours

talk shit about the leaf all you guys want but flags without symbols are meh

All those sauces you could eat a turkey with

If they choose a good pattern and colors, it looks pretty good, like Bulgaria or Estonia for example

I liked the black-white-red one better, just from an aesthetic point of view.

Black-Red-Gold has to little contrast and is a shitty colour combination in general.

Not that it matters

youtube.com/watch?v=7sbFAgd2PBE

!!!!! - GOOD HUMOR ALERT - !!!!!

Coal, blood, and beer that sums it up

black-white-red was better. And it's more you.

Which one do you like best?

>It's just a tricolor.
This. But meh, it could be worse, it gets painfully ugly in (Too strong colours for the Scandi template)

>Palestine
>Not Israel

So do you like it? Not sure what you associate with it.

UK. Even if I don't like the country that much, you can't debate the absolute beauty of its flag

Bhutan, Liechtenstein and Estonia have nice flags.

It's actually a lot better than the Coldsteel-tier Imperial flag.

Meh, green always looks African.

It's a good design as far as tri colors go

Looks like an old sweater you got for Christmas knitted by that nanny you used to visit when you were a kid

>implying gaza strip is an actual country

Put a dragon on it

Germans like beer, The black to me represents industry and work, and the red represents the blood of Your ancestors, other than that it's a nice flag

I like the colours. It looks serious and has gravitas. Reminds me of autumn and sunsets. Red white blue is way too overused.

the black looks like a bbc thats on a long tongue and the yellow is the blonde girls hair
thats germany nowadays

Tschuldiga? You quoted the wrong post...
But hey, their flag is OK, albeit "Islamic white/black/red/green" is overdone.

Your flag's nice too leaf

This could have been my favorite one

2/10 too much text, fuckign cluttered.

It's a flag not a slogan.

First time I saw it I wondered why anyone would put black on their flag. Guess I didn't like black that much.

It's just another tricolor really can look great in the right context.