Why do women and gays love the Eiffel Tower ?

Why do women and gays love the Eiffel Tower ?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arch_of_Constantine
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's a very obvious phallic structure.

Because it's French

Because they like metal benis in their asses :-DDDD

No, but seriously, how did this shit became a major cultural symbol of France? I's just a fucking metal tower. Nothing impressive about it. Couldn't you find something a little better? I mean, England has the Big Ben, Italy has the Colosseum, USA has the statue of liberty, etc. All of those are much more interesting than a shitty metal tower.

they want in that ass?

>Implying it's not just the foreigners who suddenly decided they loved it

What monument would you choose to replace it as the main symbol of France then?

the sacré coeur or notre dame would have been better imo
the invalides looks really cool too

but tourists really love this one for some reason

Mont Saint Michel

Maybe Arc du Triomphe? It's kinda boring but Branderburg Tor is also boring.

ITT: Dan Brown

Inside Paris the Arc-de-Triomphe is my favorite. Notre-Dame is also very symbolic and ultra famous. The Louvre museum too, a lot happened there and if you are more into modern stuff the glass pyramids are known worldwide
Otherwise outside of Paris there's also Versailles Palace, for both historical and artistic reasons and it's also higly visited.

We have a lot of other monuments really famous like the Mont Saint-Michel but less relevant historicaly to be called a symbol of the whole country.

The Arc-de-Triomphe is more impressive than Brandeburg Gate imo, it's twice higher, really feels more massive, is more ornate and you can go to the roof

I pray my dick get as big as the Eiffel Tower so I could fuck the world for 72 hour

>tfw your town is up there
Pretty embarrasing desu

I don't know if you know but at the end of 19th century Eiffel Tower was the biggest Tower in the world and an architectural feat. Put this in thecontext

the brandenburg gate used to be the actual gate to one of the towns which ultimately were merged by the prussians to make a huge city.

as in it was an actuall town gate.

Brandenburg Tor older and more conservative while the Arc de Triomphe is younger and more revolutionary. I like the central place, the size and the sculptures on the building though. Moreover, I like the history behind the building. But it's always full of tourists inside, ordinary Parisians don't visit it so often I guess.

looks like a dick

And it was also part of the Berlin wall I think

Honesly if you don't like too much tourists (well, no one likes too much tourists) the best time to visit is winter. I was there during february and I just walked into the Louvre without waiting a single second where it would have taken a matter of hour during summer. Same for other usually crowded places like Notre-Dame, the Sacré-Coeur or the Sainte-Chapelle. Versailles as well, during summer it's choke full of asians and it's relax in winter.
The pollution also feels less heavy and Paris can get pretty fucking hot during summer

My dad actually proposed to my mom at the top of the Eiffel Tower, he knew

If we're going by age, Arch of Constantine btfos both of them.

Ours in Orange is 200 years older
Granted it's less impressive

200 years older when? 100 AD? Arch of Constantine could be from that period as well: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arch_of_Constantine

>There has been much controversy over the origins of the arch, with some scholars claiming that it should no longer be referred to as Constantine's arch, but is in fact an earlier work from the time of Hadrian, reworked during Constantine's reign,[6] or at least the lower part.[d] Another theory holds that it was erected, or at least started, by Maxentius,[8])[e] and one scholar believed it was as early as the time of Domitian (81–96).

A bit earlier, it's supposed to have been erected around 20-25 AD, can't know for sure but first half of the first century
Let's have a Roman ruins dick contest

>Be Italian
>Doesn't even own the highest Roman aqueduct of the former Empire

to be fair the pont du gard is actually really impressive in real life, despite being so fucking old

Yeah it doesn't look that big in pics but it's 50m high
When you spot the tiny people hanging out on the bridge you realize it's huge

The lower tier of Port du Gard was expanded during 1740s though.

It was reinforced and restored yeah, it didn't became higher or anything

What's the point of having a "Roman ruin" if you're going to restore it? It's "well preserved" but for the wrong reasons. You shouldn't alter the architectural work or else it loses it's value.

I wish we had roman buildings like those either in my area. But the most things the Romans have built here is drowned by the sea. Sometimes we just found Roman columns, or something like that.

>To close it, Napoleon at first wanted an elephant, recalling Hannibal; then he borrowed the idea of a great monument recalling Blondel's Porte Saint-Denis of 1672, originally meant for the Bastille
>The elephant was transferred to the Bastille but never got beyond a wooden model; 'killed' in the 1830 disturbances and replaced by a column celebrating the revolution of that year.

I have never visited Paris in summer, and I don't stay for a too long time in this town. But I guess Versailles must be amazing around wintertime. Perhaps, I'll try it once.

That's pretty fucking dumb.. It's better to repair some pillars and prevent the whole thing to collapse than doing absolutely nothing and having a bunch of rocks looking like shit. And most old buldings from small houses to giant cathedrals have been restored at some point, including your Arc of Constantin.
It's not really a Roman ruin, that was a manner of speaking, it's a Roman remain I guess

If you restored something like the ruins of Pompeii it would completely lose it's value though.

Agreed but in that case it's really, really ruined, it wouldn't even be restoring but more like rebuilding entirely, it's different
We have some ruins left untouched in France pic related, but I think when there is an interesting structure still standing might as well help it stand even longer

I like it, it looks like 4 massive metal structure bending under their own weight and supporting each others

Fucking this.
Fuck Paris.

You in the middle

I dare you to find a more french symbol than this absolute perfection.
Protip: you can't because there is none.

Sometimes you take this too far though. That Roman temple in Nimes looks way too pretty. It just doesn't look like it was built by the Romans anymore.

>something out of paris
>french symbol

I guess it's a different approach to respecting our patrimony. We wanted to keep entire, more or less functionnal building even if it involved some "aggressive" renovation.

Nice bait. A bit obvious, but made me reply so still nice.

I'd say it's the opposite, it looks like it was just built by the Romans not long ago
It doesn't look ancient anymore, but it still is. They didn't replace the stones or anything, the latest restoration that made it so white was mostly cleaning

I'm not denying it's pretty fucking beautiful lad, but I don't deny Paris is too

do french cities have ebic statues everywhere?

He's the statue in my irrelevant village

And yes

My town has this statue. It's famous for being where the term 420 was termed.

There's a Marianne statue in pretty much every town, some are ugly as fuck some are pretty good

What the fuck is she holding?

there are war monuments pretty much everywhere but they're rarely displaying suffering, impeccable soldiers and allegories are preferred.
Here is a rare monument with a dying soldier from my old town.
human rights and thunder apparently.

they're all memes

The wrath of Khan