LOLNO

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-36633244

Scotland just going to veto Brexit anyway, shows over folks

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lLCEUpIg8rE
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3660320/NON-EU-slaps-Sturgeon-SNP-leader-dramatically-announces-wants-immediate-discussions-STAY-EU-humiliated-Brussels-says-No-s-not-works.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That fucking inbred cunt better wait for the rest of the blairites to be purged.

scots are subhumans

just man up and take it you twats, what happened to the stiff upper lip

l m a o
never gonna happen. queen of a molehill is having a power rush

The just keeps getting funnier. A second Scotland referendum? After oil prices have plummeted and they absolutely no way of supporting their economy?

>A second Scotland referendum?
no they're just going to veto and nothing will change

>just man up and take it you twats

Thats what Hitler wanted, but did we bend over and take it with our stiff upper lips? Did we fuck!? We fought until both nations cities were rubble and we couldn't be arsed anymore.Thats the real British spirit none of this stiff upper lip, fair play old chap bullshit.

Also when has Britain ever listened to the uneducated working class plebs and what they want?

If they can't support their economy it means they'll just be entitled to eurodollars you know

Is running around with no plan at all like a headless chicken, making strong but completely not backed by anything statements and acting like you know what you're doing while panicking now called international politics?

This frankly sounds like desperate flailing from the losing side, same with the old people spin and that Internet petition.

Seriously, this sounds as legit as those #NeverTrump people saying they're going to defeat him at the July convention.

They can't join the EU alone moron.

Also, what kind of democracy is that when a spoken majority gets ignored?

A good one

A Russian one haha

Even if they got independence Belgium and Spain won't let them into the EU

progressive fascists only support democracy when the unwashed masses vote in their favour

goodbye UK, it was nice knowing you

Britannias voyage ended with with the NO vote

youtube.com/watch?v=lLCEUpIg8rE

I live in a state that's a direct democracy and it fucking sucks when shit you hate passes and shit you love fails. You get over it and move on though.

Kekked

Hasn't that always been international politics?

>no they're just going to veto and nothing will change

Pls no ...the EU finally realizes it needs to change in order to survive ...if you fuckers backtrack on this the EU will feel like it has 0 possible consequences for its actions ...and you'll fuck us all over...just leave , nothing's going to happen the uk's going to be ok...you'll even get rid of people from my country migrating there

>even russia is bantering bong democracy

this truly is the moment of crazyness.

Seriously what did you expect?

>England votes to leave
>Scotland leaves the UK, rejoins EU
>N.I leaves UK, joins Ireland
>London votes for independence from England, becomes a city-state and rejoins the EU
>Only sheepshagland and some literally who islands remain part of the British """Empire"""
I can't fucking wait

Can they actually veto it though? Or is she just talking out her ass

Why are celts such cucks ?

I'm ashamed of my Celtic blood nao...

>Scotland leaves the UK

No hope of happening

A man can dream

No idea but she'd not mentioned it until now so maybe they've found some small print somewhere they can invoke.

Apart from they can't veto it, she's just being retarded as usual.

Juncker says he wants a smooth exit to avoid prolonging market uncertainty, he'll probably tell her to fuck off and stop trying to destabilize the situation further.

Euro markets suffered a lot more than British ones did because of the vote, they want stability far more than the British do.

Too many people have been ignored for the past 6 years in elections of all sorts i.e. young people. Turns out it's not nice if some of your friends are basically told to 'go home' by utter cunts, and for some reason patriotism goes out the window when your country has been threatening to disband your city for nearly 3 decades.

>hurr durr lowest voter turnout

Of course it's the lowest, once you register, you're registered for life unless you change address.

There's the whole debacle with the sr/jr thing where if you have the same name as your parent, your registration doesn't go through despite different social security details, and you have to go through a winding process to prove you aren't a middle aged man.

There's also the fact that a lot of us are encourage NOT to vote by our parents at all if they believe we have contrary opinions, something generally associated with subcontinental asian families, rather than white families.

So, now we're either going to not shut up for the next 4 years, which I reckon we'd be good at.

Sir David Edward, a former ECJ judge, apparently told the House of Lords in May that Holyrood would need to consent as a devolved Parliament. Scotland IS after all its own nation, with its own Parliament, regardless of what many south of the borders seem to think. The question is whether EU statute treats it as such in terms of the UK potentially quitting the Union.

So the answer is that nobody really knows, but initial evidence seems to suggest it may be possible.

Mate, they nearly did it once, they only stayed narrowly based on the premise we wouldn't leave the EU, as the scots don't trust the english government.

That was before the oil crash when they had some hope of sustaining their welfare state

SNP will push this referendum and put their fingers in their ears about the financial ramifications.

This new referendum will be made ALL about the EU and scottish pride, etc etc. The scottish voters will not be given the full picture, I doubt many of them are aware of the oil situation.

They are likely to vote to leave because she will ram it down their throats 24/7 about how they need to be in the EU.

One thing I am certain will never happen is Ireland unifying but Scotland leaving is a real risk, that that I say GOOD FUCKING RIDDANCE

but you are mediterranean lad

>Belgium not letting Scotland into the EU
funny joke there, one of our ruling parties is an openly separatist one, only Spain would really bitch

Probably and even if not she can still cause the process a lot of pain. It'll be an interesting couple of weeks at least, and Sturgeon seems to know what she's doing. Corbyn might even be a fucking mastermind.

>only Spain would really bitch
Tasty Gibraltar on the menu

I love how everyone seems to forget that Scotland remained in the UK in part because the Conservative government in London told everyone Brexit wouldn't happen, so their voters rejected independence in favor of political and economic sensibility.

And now, when Little England decides to go full MUH SOVEREIGNTY and MUH PRINCIPLES, the Scots are somehow in the wrong for wanting to stay in the EU and their FM is somehow a bad person for wanting to try and make that happen. I'm not even a fucking Scotsman, but the whole situation does make Albion seem quite perfidious to me.

Don't forget there's an election in Spain today

Who knows what will be an opinion of the next Spanish government on this

Whilst Scotland indeed voted to remain, they should not have the power to veto a democratic referendum that the majority voted for.

If they want to remain in the EU they should bloody well have another referendum.

Well if economic stability is what they want they damn well shouldn't leave England now. Scotland's position right now is much worse then it was in the previous referendum

Balkanization

Before a dissolution of Czechoslovakia everyone was predicting that our country will be a failure. Economically and politically on the level of Moldova.

It looked as if they were right for a few years, but it was a success in the end (ascension to the EU in the same year as Czechia, Slovak GDP per capita went from 60% of the Czech one in 1993 to almost parity now)

Good luck, Scotland. We could do it and so can you.

As discussed a "veto" is hardly the right word for it. It's a question of needing the consent of a Scottish Parliament that has devolved powers, and the Scots would be well within their legal and political rights to deny that consent given the sound rejection of Brexit by its constituents. In fact being forced to consent to Brexit would be the same sort of loss of sovereignty Brexiters were yammering about: except this time it's not the English who lose out so fewer people care, and Scotland wouldn't have as much a hand in shaping the decision as the UK had in shaping EU policy.

And if the Scottish Parliament refuses to consent, the UK will be stuck right where it is: which is where nearly two thirds of Scotland wants it to be. And if it can be successfully negotiated that Scotland has the right to stay in the EU and retain the language of key established agreements, then it's entirely possible that from the perspective of international trade and finance Scotland will be in a better position than England.

It's a question of attaining some measure of stability in the EU or being pinned to the uncertain future of the UK. It could easily go either way.

>London leaves EU
>all those EU companies based in London suddenly want to leave
>Scotland stays in EU
>companies move from London to Edinburgh

>And if the Scottish Parliament refuses to consent, the UK will be stuck right where it is

Nonsense, Scots are just grasping at straws by this point

Maybe but we're going to do it anyway.

Scotland, the hero we need but not the one we deserve

you don't understand, it's a political move.

>Sturgeon goes to Westminster to veto Brexit on behalf of the Scottish people
>Westminster obviously tells her to fuck off
>Sturgeon goes back to Scotland and tells the people that Westminster isn't representing their views
>Support for IndyRef2 increases

It's a win/win for Sturgeon, either Scotland gets to stay in the EU or support for Scottish independence increases.

I've got a crush on Nicola Sturgeon desu lads

>Scotland gains independence and becomes an EU member
>UK eventually recovers in a few weeks
>EU collapses in a few years as more countries leave
>Independent Scotland becomes an irrelevant third world shithole without UK and EU

you really think after the regret and backlash that brexit has caused that other countries would leave?

you need to leave Sup Forums sometimes, your world view is becoming distorted.

Your view is distorted if you think everything is stuck as it is after a few days, you might have an argument if everybody was still like this after a few months

>the regret and backlash that brexit has caused

Spend less time on Sup Forums

It's not true for Belgium and I doubt it will still be true for Spain in the changed context after the Brexit. I'm sure that the pressure on Spain would be too strong for them to refuse, as seceding from England is now literally the only way for Scotland to remain/rejoin the EU.

>In fact being forced to consent to Brexit would be the same sort of loss of sovereignty Brexiters were yammering about
Which is precisely why the UK should leave the EU and Scotland should have a referendum on leaving the UK. This is the only solution that doesn't undermine either the Scottish or the English peoples' sovereignty.

Fucking risk trip. Don't respond with >filtered please.

She might actually be a good politician. Holy fuck m8.

>he'll probably tell her to fuck off and stop trying to destabilize the situation further.
They have already told her to fuck off and said the only way Scotland will join the EU is by leaving with the UK, then splitting and then applying.

She thinks way too highly of Scotlands power.

>remain/rejoin the EU.

Leaving England now would be economic suicide the benefits for being in the EU would be meaningless by comparison. I don't think you realize just how poor Scotlands economy is without the oil.

>They have already told her to fuck off
We'll see. I think she's making some pretty good plays only 3 days in.

>17,4 Million people say leave
>Scotland says no
>Everything stays the same
>Euro-MP comes into office on monday seeing his colleagues from all over europe again
Now that must be a great feeling.

Anglosphere when lads?

Would be funny desu

How can they veto? And what was the point of the referendum if the Scots could simply veto any move?
To fuck the stock exchanges around the world? To provoke political and economical shitfest just for the sake of Cameron's party stiff upper tantrum?

Can I get some input on the highly advanced and enlightened British political system?

Also, can you pls Scotland just not veto and fuck off from The United Kingdom of England and Whales and just let the happening happened.

I mean, Europe's haven't got all dressed up already for le big hammering of England only for you to bail them out with this.

Besides, this "oh well, yesterday we said we out, today we say we remain, tomorrow maybe somethimg else..."

That's not how it works. You can bet your balls all the market crashing and funny shitfest caused by the dumb monkeys is gonna have consequences.

Sturgeon is unaware that the UK is a unitary state, Scottish parliament has no power to veto anything

By good play, you mean she made the loudest threats that don't mean anything. The EU have said that the only way Scotland will join is be applying when they aren't part of the UK.

She seems to forget it wasn't some 80+ percent who wanted to remain. She is basically telling nearly half of her own country that their vote doesn't matter because of her own opinions. She should do a Cameron and back down now, she is coming off as a bad loser.

>Besides, this "oh well, yesterday we said we out, today we say we remain, tomorrow maybe somethimg else..."
>That's not how it works.
Does this apply for Scotland's hypothetical second referendum?

Eh? It's actually quite likely now depending on how receptive EU politicians are to the idea. As we speak Scottish ministers are drawing up legislation for a second referendum

They're all pro-Europe. Left is more "oy vey austerity", in theory, but also more fuck island monkeys as well.

>muh blairites
Why do Labour members hate any Labour candidate that actually has a chance of being elected?

And how will Scotlands survive without England's money? During the first referendum they staked all their hopes on oil, and now they have nothing

>As we speak Scottish ministers are drawing up legislation for a second referendum
And?
They were probably doing it the second they lost the first one. The idea they think they get to retry every couple of years till they get the answer they want is a joke.

>As we speak Scottish ministers are drawing up legislation for a second referendum
Fat chance of it actually happening though. Juridically speaking it makes zero sense to hold a referendum about the identically same issue only 2 years after holding the original one.

I am hopeful this will happen

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3660320/NON-EU-slaps-Sturgeon-SNP-leader-dramatically-announces-wants-immediate-discussions-STAY-EU-humiliated-Brussels-says-No-s-not-works.html

Besides the fact that they feel cheated out of what was supposed to be guaranteed by voting for staying in the UK. Nowhere in democracy is it required not to vote too much.

Now they have us

It's like they learned it from the EU, kek

Well, that's great

I see no reason why would they deny the EU membership to independent Scotland

This isn't like Catalonia

go scots go go
id like to see one more clusterfuck

Unfortunately the EU has economic requirements, which Scotland has no hope of ever satisfying. Especialyl after they take on part of the UK's debt.

Really the UK should force them to also retake the debt England took on in exchange for joining the union

I understand that the referendum result has changed things considering much of Scotland voted to remain. But in 2014 they did choose to remain part of the United Kingdom, and we voted on our membership of the EU as one united country.

Circumstances changed significantly during those two years

The UK is out

LOL, I love Scotland now

Scotland's economy isn't like Qatar mate. Yes the financial scenario drawn up in the previous white paper won't be the same, but they didn't stake all hopes on oil, we've known for a long time that our North Sea fields are depleted regardless of the oil price. It's time for Scotland to have its destiny decided by scots and not the English.

Neither of you have a fucking clue.

Scots voted in 2014 on the assumption (given by Westminster) that the UK would stay in the EU.

if we made it
and even bulgaria and romania years before us even though we know why they were admitted
maybe scotland could do it too

Do you honestly think there will be another referendum? Because I would bet serious money there won't be

There's just this butt-devastated aussie flag chatting that shit anglo-style over and over again.

Spain wouldn't veto Scotland. On the contrary, it would welcome it.

The scenario was IF and ONLY IF the UK were an EU member.

Since that's not the case, there'd be no veto.

I'm sorry english. You were right. Scots are subhumans.

Even then, they don't get to just walk into the EU as before like nothing has changed. They don't have a chance of working as an actual country, they won't ever get to be part of the EU because of that.

One of the major reasons we voted no was to protect our eu membership. England has basically knifed us in the back ...again.

We voted to stay with you not leave with you

There will.

>Scotland's economy isn't like Qatar mate

>

Had the referendum gone the other way, Salmond would be preparing his first Budget by now. In all likelihood he would be in a state of blind panic. His White Paper on independence envisaged Scotland enjoying almost £8 billion a year in oil revenue by this stage. But that was before the crash. The forecast today is just £100 million, some 99 per cent less than the SNP imagined. So the first question a newly-independent Scotland would have to answer is how on earth to fill the £7.9 billion black hole.

please save us scotland all the retards in small towns voted to leave. pretty much every major city in england voted to stay