Americans

So many Americans have a complete lack of fundamental history education, it makes me rage.

I'm 31 now, and my whole life I've been astounded by people who have never even heard of the Soviet Union or the cold war.

>>Be me, year 2000, at parent's house
>>Open 1993 Britannica 'U' volume to look something up
>>Grill sees USSR... "That's not a real country!"
>>Grill's favorite movie is Dr. Strangelove

MIND BLOWN

>>On Date this afternoon
>>Watching Game of Thrones, have Warsaw Pact map as desktop background atm
>>"user, what be Soviet"

>>Hanging with friends watching Spartacus
>>"user, Rome existed around 300 years ago, right?"

I hate to admit it, but American education must really be awful. This shit kills me

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W27PnUuXR_A
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1838_Mormon_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bleeding_Kansas
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>American education must really be awful
The education was there, they just didn't pay attention to any of it.

Kek when I was in elementary school I got yelled at because apparently it was my fault that the other kids knew who Hitler was. And no, I didn't tell people he was a cool guy or anything edgy like that.

I was always on the honor roll, but i don't remember ever getting far enough in the book to reach anyhting past WWII

We are jelous of Americans about that you dont need to study History and English,and instead of these you can study more pracitical sicence,math classes.
I calm down and think again,dunno why we have to study the history of savage,smelly primitive humans.
And in here historical lessons tend to make students just memolize "In 894,Japanese stopped to send a misson to China" or something about fragmentaly truth.

this honestly, had the exact same experience. I even took AP history and my teacher that was supposed to teach us Civil War to modern day only spent the whole time talking about industrialization, the Lindbergh baby, and then the social life of the 50's. That's it. Nothing about, you know, the Soviet Union or any conflicts America was involved with throughout the world that are actually relevant to our understanding of current events.

I think i had an ok math and science education but my history education was non existent

I remember most of the 80's and when the berlin wall fell.

I remember when the globes had to be replaced for 4 years in a row.

Same here. I still say "Czechoslovakia" out of habit.

yea. that and yugoslavia

Most women are superficial animals fit moslty for house work. They are more concerned with house decorations than cosmic events. Just give up and stick your dick in their stupid mouth.

t. someone who is married

I really like history when I can see how people have pretty much always been the same in some ways.

>people have pretty much always been the same in some ways.
lol nope

it's much easier to close your ears when your wife can't open her eyes xiao xi lukok

Kek ask em if they also believe all Africans live in mud huts.

I'm 30 and remember learning about all of that.

Sounds like you hang out with shitty people.

Education is easily accessible if you actually apply yourself in high school. I took all AP classes and learned quite a bit, I even got college credit for some of them.

Had to take a basic government class with normies though and felt horrible for the teacher. He was really into history and tried to explain everything but no one cared. Seriously.

No one, ESPECIALLY GIRLS, want to fucking learn here. Assuming they go to college they will study marketing or nursing and pride themselves on how "smart" they are when they graduate. They will not know shit about the world but will "make it" in America. It frustrates me to know that total fucking retards can do this.

This is why so many Americans have no comprehension of our history, and always think we're "saving the day" when we go to war.

No context

>>Majority of Africa
>>completely uncivilized

pick two.

For some retarded reason, schools in America prioritize state's historys in primary school instead of global history.

I shit you not, I didn't have a world history class until the 7th grade.

Here it just focuses on goofy shit, and the founding tenants of our country, Greek and Roman civilization, and anything post-industrial revolution is pretty much glossed over.

Didn't go into depth on anything really until college

What kind of history can shitty flyover states even have?

>so we killed off a bunch of natives, built a few cities and named our state after the natives we killed
>the end

It's because public schools are run by each individual state. So blowhard state politicians always push to have some bullshit like "California history" included in the curriculum. Not every state does this but many of them do.

But they aren't all just bushmen.

That's because we skip history in favor of 6 Trillion™ and slavery courses

>Take Norwegian history
>Completely skip over everything between 1300-1800
>Ignore WHY getting a arch Diocese seat was important as fuck back in 1200
>Then ignore how Danish industrialsation and lack of thereof impacted the country in the 1600s
>Then ignore everything on the continent except Napolic wars

Are you sure you're American? I'm guessing you didn't pay much attention in class

some are dandies

youtube.com/watch?v=W27PnUuXR_A

Ahahaha. How is reading revisionism history?
Manpower was literally the most expandable resource, until unions, no child mortality and democratization following the industrial revolution.

Where do you retards live that you see all these people that don't know what the Soviet Union is?

Maybe its just because you surround yourself with retards. Ever think of that?

This

It feels like 80% of what we focused on in WW2 was fucking holocaust bullshit

And I don't even think we learned hardly anything about WW1

I'm pretty sure it's the same deal everywhere. The majority of people, even "educated" people, and especially women here have no conception of global history at all. I have exactly three friends with whom I can sit around and discuss, say, the war of the League of Cambrai, or the decline of the Byzantine Empire, or the Union of Aragon and Castile, or the Russo-Japanese war, or any other happening from more than a couple of decades ago. My theory is that the shitty scope of history education in general is a sort of light propaganda. It definitely is here; we're taught that the war in Angola was a loss for the Apartheid government, which it was, but also that the battle of Cuito Canavale was won by the Cubans and FAPLA. This was an offensive action by the FAPLA, which resulted in them being pushed back a ridiculous distance in complete disarray, to the town after which the battle is named.
Casualties for FAPLA/Cuba where over 10 000
Casualties for South Africa/UNITA were over 3000
The total amount of South African military personnel killed in the entire battle: 42
>42
>A gread vigdory for gommunism

This is literally what they teach here, anything that anyone the ANC supported did is shown through rose tinted, reality-warping goggles.

Also this, we didn't get taught about a single battle in WWII, only the holocaust. People literally don't know what D-day was. WWI is part of the grade 7 syllabus I think, meaning it's basically up to the individual primary schools to decide what goes in. Which ends up being absolutely nothing except "these people fought these people, and Germany lost, and a lot of people died."

In Russia in 90's History was delicious clusterfuck of old Soviet and new Russian textbooks, and teachers who sometimes had opposite opinions on early 1900 fun times.
This is when we learned to not believe anyone.

If you pay attention to 70's, 80's and 90's movies, Soviet is very rarely ever mentioned. The Russian is some times mentioned, but never The Bolsheviks.
Nor is The Slavs ever mentioned, even if Soviet 95% of slav population after Warsaw pact.

So basically:
1. No education
2. Movies don't actually reference anything

>What kind of history can shitty flyover states even have?
You'd be surprised.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1838_Mormon_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bleeding_Kansas

>Are you sure you're American? I'm guessing you didn't pay much attention in class
What could be more American than that?

THIS

why do Africans have good accents in French but completely bingo bongo accents in any other language?