Leave voters "thought UK would stay in EU"

>Electoral services workers have reported calls from people asking if they could change their decision after Friday’s result became clear, while many Remainers have now publicly admitted they only intended to vote Leave as a “protest vote,” in the belief the UK was certain to remain in the European Union.

>many Remainers have now publicly admitted they only intended to vote Leave as a “protest vote,” in the belief the UK was certain to remain in the European Union

haha what the fuck

Other urls found in this thread:

tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/currency
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reflexivity_(social_theory)
theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/26/racist-incidents-feared-to-be-linked-to-brexit-result-reported-in-england-and-wales
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commission_on_Presidential_Debates
theguardian.com
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_European_Constitution_referendum
twitter.com/AnonBabble

there's an alarming amount of people that don't make an effort to understand what they're even voting for

I blame campaigns that encourage people to vote

>"many"

kek

you can't make this shit up

YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP!

tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/currency

>protest vote
What the fuck are they even protesting?

>shitskins voting for endless crushing bureaucracy

how fucking long do they have to spend in free market economies before they understand that things work better when you decentralize, it's like they don't even bother paying attention to why the places they came from suck ass compared to the places they move to

they're minds are hard wired to be collective after 1000s of years of not having western freedoms

>endless crushing bureaucracy
>free market economies
>things work better when you decentralize

It just shows Muslims, Chinks, Hindus and blacks felt no connection to their host country. They were there for the gibs or real estate shenanigans if they're chinks.

This is another trick to get another referendum going
Something about the electorate were either not serious or they didn't understand what they were doing or something

Completely undemocratic imo

Why wouldn't they do this for their elected government for example

oh right. here comes the fucking russian to tell us how to run an economy

>how fucking long do they have to spend in free market economies before they understand that things work better when you decentralize, it's like they don't even bother paying attention to why the places they came from suck ass compared to the places they move to

>>>reddit.com/r/libertarian

End the island, please

>common people are retaliating against violent undemocratic bankers. wat do?
>call them stupid. make them ashamed and despise democracy

Fuck off with your psyop billionaire media owned articles.

>"IT WAS JUST A PRANK BRO!"

>common people are stupid, vote for stupid things, base their lives around stupid decisions, and are hopelessly uninformed despite have every opportunity to educate themselves
>"don't call them stupid! you'll hurt their feelings! you are making working class people ashamed!"

dubs confirm

Same thing for Trump in America desu
No one ACTUALLY supports that racist fascist

Not true.

you don't need university education to understand the difference between freedom and servitude.

what is happening with the markets is irrational because nothing about the fundamentals of the world economy has changed. also it was the "smart" money that bet on Bremain.

you sound like the obese female politician on BBC

There's nothing in British law about referendums. They're non-binding and ultimately just a tool to let parliament know how the people are feeling.

I'm sure if they voted remain you'd have a few people go "Man I wish we voted leave" - it's a tough decision and everyone will second guess themselves.

It's a little bit more so when you break status quo and go into something a but unknown and scary. To think you had a part into that is a bit daunting I'm sure.

Think about the brave men who declared independence here.. I'm sure a few times heroes like Robert E Lee had sleepless nights doubting if it was the right move.

Not quite true. Politicians have not yet ignored a referendum result in Britain because they can easily be wiped out by insurgent parties if they do.

Temper tantrums and economic decisions worth trillions do not mix well.

>economic decisions
Nothing economic has been decided. Nothing in economic fundamentals has changed. The only tamper tantrum is in the markets.

But of course the British media establishment isn't interested in a reputable non-partisan poll. They want to hear the opinion of Kloe, who's missing three teeth, voted to kick all the Poles out, and now regrets that nobody can fix her toilet.

Only the status quo loving markets have thrown a temper tantrum

That doesn't make what I said any less true. It may be politically unwise to ignore the results, but it's just a trumped-up survey.

If a citizen should have no say in things that affect him/her, why should Bubba or Jimbo in the USA's south habe a vote in presidential elections? Oh right they dpn't thanks to electoral college

Britain is less likely to maintain free trade with the EU going forward than it was a week ago. That's a big deal.

>Nothing in economic fundamentals has changed
But it will. And markets, quite wisely, are responding.
Nobody wants to be the one who turns off the lights. Uncertainty is never a sound investment.
The issue isn't emotional (with the implication you seek: irrational). It's quite mathematical.

>Many

It was very rude of Sup Forums to goad the Brits into leaving and then mocking them for making the worst mistake of their lives.

Imagine they're reactions when they discovered that some people were serious about leaving EU

>Sikh
>52

Eternal bro tier

>brits leave eu
>brits start talking shit to foreigners who do the jobs that no brit wants to because they think they're too good for it
>brits want the foreigners back

can't even make this shit up

The World, not even the UK, revolves around Sup Forums or any other board on this god forsaken website. They made their decision on their own, their own fault for fucking themselves over.

>bawwwwww they don't like my globalist shitshow I created with lobbying money
>I'll offload my portfolio and crash the markets, that'll show them!

Welcome to how Americans would feel if Trump actually had a chance still at becoming POTUS.

Fukken saved

>he'd actually prefer a sociopathic criminal leashed in by the big dorra to be the POTUS

What a bunch of complete morans

Britain isn't China in terms of manufacturing or USA in terms of consumption. They aren't the world's factory or the world's consumer. Very specific things would be impacted, like airplane or tea prices. If UK does curb immigration, it would affect real estate prices and banks.

Over time the market will reflect the fundamentals. This is a panic.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reflexivity_(social_theory)

>can't even make this shit up
But you did though. Is that famous Australian banter I've heard of? It's shit.

the real question is why doesn't everybody who hate both hilly and donny (a LOT of people) team up and get a libertarian candidate to get 10 or 15 % or whatever it would take to allow that party into the debates?

let's face it, no matter what happens this election, we are FUCKED. why not throw a wrench into the whole system and fuck up the bi-partisan platform? if you ask me, that is the real enemy to the american voter. that and the electoral college, but one thing at a time i guess.

too bad most of the libertarians this year are basically just pseudo-republicans trying to cash in on the fact that trump doesn't politics.

anyone with me??

>there are only two choices

I don't prefer any nominee. Learn to read and stop implying, especially about American issues, Lauri.

>Every single investor across the planet who had any money in the UK was part of a homogeneous financial conspiracy
The bedrock of UK trade relationships are going to be reshaped. Calling capital flight in those circumstances "panic"... well, no shit. There's "panic" because people, quite reasonably, have no reason to believe anything in the market is safe. Don't put your cart before the horse.

>but you did

theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/26/racist-incidents-feared-to-be-linked-to-brexit-result-reported-in-england-and-wales

>britain votes to leave eu
>acts racist towards everybody who moved to britain to do the menial labor brits don't want to do
>now they're unsure about their futures so leaving
>brits will complain that there is nobody to clean the shitter in their council flat

>>brits will complain that there is nobody to clean the shitter in their council flat
There's that imagination of yours again
>will
Uh huh, sure thing mate.

>lefties hate thatcher because her main concern was money and she tore down many unions in this quest
>lefties now spouting muh money because UK left EU

UK exports to the rest of the EU account for over 1% of global exports. That's a fuckton of trade to suddenly have tariffs looming over it.
There are plenty of other real trade deal concerns as well. The UK had been blocking tariffs on Chinese steel. The UK had been pushing through a trade agreement between Canada and the EU.

alternative candidates cannot win, the way it is now. i doubt there are even enough registered voters that are aware of alternative candidates to even win a single state.

what we should do is this
we need to steal votes from both sides simultaneously. sabotaging only one party just creates a political void for the opposing party to move in.

hillary or donald? these are not choices, your vote has already been wasted. why not waste it in a way that may lead to a future where the most important election in our country isn't a literal red vs blue populist media frenzy?

>allow that party into the debates
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commission_on_Presidential_Debates
Good luck.

>its just a prank

But no source so kill yourself you tranny shithole.

i dont think luck is at all necessary
from your source:
>In 2000, the CPD established a rule that for a party to be included in the national debates it must garner at least 15% support across five national polls

i literally just watched Sup Forums, reddit and all the soccer moms on facebook narrow down my choices to a reality TV show star vs a physical manifestation of corporate america (w/ a vagina). all via shitty memetic sloganeering and grrrrrl power.

i swear to fucking god there are more than 15% of the voting public that share my distaste for the electoral system. just look at how much bernie was able to fuck up the democratic party. and most of his ideas were terrible.

if the people truly are sheep, then we just need to shepherd them into a less retarded farm.

Hey the Shitty memetic sloganeering is the most fun I've had in years.

Damn you EU shills have to wait until we are mostly sleeping before you try your propaganda.

Yes but facts never got in the way of your shilling.

Please, develop a slow lingering death of cancer.

and while i understand your enthusiasm, i really think we could have a lot more "fun" pulling the pants down on the biggest threat to the american public. i don't even care what the new options end up being. i just want them to be options, not platforms that are paid for by a handful of anonymous private donors that give millions of dollars to the CPD to make sure that the american people don't know that there is a way out

>theguardian.com
>Using buzzwords
>Telling lies

10/10 shitpost.

I think a Brexit would be good for the UK and the EU from a political perspective.

But they haven't left yet, so there is still a chance it won't happen.

No there isn't.

It is done. Anyone who tries to ignore the will of the people is committing career suicide and ensuring a UKIP government in 2020.

How is it undemocractic? If half the nation no longer wants to leave the EU, it would be undemocratic not to ask them again.

This isn't a contest, it's a poll. Dumbass.

>things work better when you decentralize
Oh yeah, that's rich after Flint

And what if they want to leave again 1 month later. Do they hold another referendum?

If there's reason to believe the results would change then absolutely.

If half the nation wants to remain in the EU, nothing changes, so what are Brexiters afraid of?

>comparing a bunch of 70 IQ niggers to actual humans

you need to at least come up with an honest example when you try to make a point

I meant leave, odd formulation.

A referendum isn't free but compared to acting against the people's will it's a pittance of a price.

There's still the possibility of a second referendum

I am starting to wonder, if this is true, and people across the UK are wanting to change their vote, how many of them voted thinking they we're leaving the UN? Because that's something I could see the people wanting to give the finger to.

Votes mean absolutely nothing if you can just call for them every two weeks when you think public opinion is leaning in your direction. When you cast a vote and there is a clear result, even if the margin of victory is slim, then the thing that was voted for must be carried out. Another EU referendum will have to wait until the UK has been clear of the EU for some time and given a chance to work out its own independent position, otherwise the referendum meant nothing.

We all know politics don't work like that. Not if you look at the precedents. Politicians take the results they can use and disregard the other results.

Same with the referendum about the treaty of Lisbon.
The Irish got to vote again until the politicians got a favourable result.

And after the Netherlands and France voted no the rest of Europe cancelled or postponed their referendums indefinitely, while the treaty got passed.

You have to have a balance you fucking retard. We had that at the turn of the century and it fucking sucked for everyone but a select few (Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire being the quintessential example). You have to allow enterprise to flourish but you have to regulate it, so the first clever asshole to make it to the top doesn't end up rigging the system and buttfucking everyone for eternity. A complete free market economy, or something even close to that, is fucking terrible.

It was tried, it didn't work, and you should stop using that phrase like you actually know what it means.

What in the ever loving fuck are you going on about? Swedecuck.

I don't think you understand how the electoral college works.

i remember when we had a recount on an extremely important state nomination that could have saved us from 4-8 years under an imperialistic monster. a bunch of shady shit and secretive funneling of money later, and oh.... whaddya know, we were right the first time.

point being: if they spent this much money to fool their people into voting for something this foolish, what makes you think that they will just give up after they are this close? and why do people think that there will be a second referendum? i know this is the UK we are talking about and not the US, but still, politicians are politicians no matter what the accent is.

No, there isn't. What are you basing your claim on? The referendum was won, Cameron resigned over it, there is absolutely nothing to support another referendum.

That will take forever, they didn't even enact article 50 yet. Assuming someone has the balls to do so there might still be years before the departure is finalized, depending on what the EU decides.

I don't see your point, Sweden voted against joining the EU first, then we held a second poll where it was decided we should join.

And in your third vote? Oh wait, there was none.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_European_Constitution_referendum

You're going to have to point out where I advocated for anarcho-capitalism, because I'm not seeing it. Just like free people have certain limits on their behavior with laws that punish them for treading on others, free markets also require limits on actors within the market to prevent them from abusing the rest. Free does not mean absolutely no rules, it means as few as are needed to keep everyone honest.

We've had several polls which show a referendum isn't necessary since support is still strong. We're not dumb enough to not take these matters seriously, while the Brits could probably do with a smack on the head and another chance at not ruining their nation.

And I'm not even pro-Bremain, Sweden's currency skyrockets every time the rest of Europe fucks up. It's simply logical and the reasonable thing to do.

It's pretty fucked up.

We all have so, so much to lose on this. And there's pretty much nothing to gain, nothing will be improved by this. Rather, if brits had stayed, they could have had a very positive effect on the future of EU. Brits are needed in the community, but apparently it's more important to be a inbred retard.

So many people will lose their jobs now. So many businesses will have to move. And the worst part - all the investments and developments that won't take place now.

Thanks, brits. You fucked us all over. Both us in the sense of europeans, and white people as a whole. We are crucially weakened by the division you create. Don't give me that shit about doing us a favor. No, you fuck us over.

so how much value has the euro dropped

But other countries are not favourable towards the EU, including the Netherlands. And we know what happens with referendum results.

Because other EU countries have seen referendums being selectively used and ignored. If France and the Netherlands reject the European constitution, how can it pass?

Ow I know, because the Irish voted yes in their second referendum and then other countries postponed their referendums it suddenly is legitimized according to the EU.

>That will take forever

And that's fine. The last European referendum in the UK was 40 years ago, and the next one can wait just as long. These things play out over decades, not months.

These situations seem quite different.

Or they hold a second referendum in a year, and if half the country still wants to leave there won't be mass emigration, rioting in the streets and political disaster?

kill yourself, faggot.

I signed that X thinking about the anger of cucks like you.

Or we don't hold a second referendum and you can sit there stewing in your own bile.

I thought you had to be 18 to vote?

Well that's about the level I expected from a yurocuck.

To be fair you're spouting complete nonsense too.

You know our politicians refuse to give us a referendum about a Nexit because the results have a reasonable chance of being unfavourable. They literally said it would be irresponsible.

If it would be the other way around we would get the referendum instantly.