Visiting U.S. last month

>Visiting U.S. last month
>In NY
>Walk into Maccas

Can I please get a Double Quarter Pounder no onion?

>"Number One?"

What? I want a Double Quarter Pounder

>Cashier looks at me confused
>"Number Three?"

Can an American please fucking explain to me why you use numbers to order at restaurants in the US?

Other urls found in this thread:

hungryjacks.com.au/menu/sides
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

She was grooling for your penis.

They are used for the combo meals. The cashier probably didn't know you wanted just the burger itself. McDonald's also hires the bottom of the barrel people, so don't be surprised when you encounter a mouth breathing idiot trying to take your order.

Bullshit

Numbers are combo meals, asking just for a sandwich wouldn't cause her to think you're getting a combo

Wait really? Is it because I asked for it with no onion?

because most of the cashiers at mcdonalds are jackasses and cant fill an order without a number to go along with it

No idea, but probably they are used to people ordering using the combo numbers

Ok well that explains it, I actually learned something on Sup Forums

No idea what the hell you are going about but I sure am peckish for some American cuisine right now.

I live in the most spic and niggery state which makes up all the McDonalds employees, and I can still order without combo numbers

Which city were you in?

He said New York bruh.

Well we were visiting New York but I think the hotel it self was in New Jersey just across the river. Does it make a difference?

You should tell him the number of the state.

Lel

She probably couldn't understand you through the accent

Meant to say the McDonalds was near the hotel in New Jersey

kek

I'm in California. I used to order 4 double cheeseburgers (threw away the buns) from the dollar menu and a grilled chicken salad every week. Never had a problem ordering.

that doesn't happen you were just talking to a literal imbecile

ha you weren't at a restaurant bud.

fast food is a whole different ballgame. the kid you placed your order with was probably a high-functioning retard. you should be happy he understood you at all.

it's really easy to get free food from these places though because the staff are either retarded, apathetic, or both

>Maccas

4 double cheeseburgers and a high calorie "salad" are healthy as long as you throw out the bun, everyone knows that.

Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with Californians?

>are healthy
Can you be so polite to show me where he stated that?

I am going to leave this in the thread.

>maccas
me and my buddies call it micks house, or the house that ron built

One double cheeseburger is 280 calories

Salad is only 230 calories without dressing. Altogether it was like 1350 calories

>Double quarter pounder
Who the fuck eats half a pound of meat at one sitting?

It's an individual, not all Californians.

Me I guess? Do you not like meat? It's probably the healthiest part of the burger in all honesty.

Shouldn't a "double quarter pounder" be renamed to a half pounder?

>it's really easy to get free food from these places though because the staff are either retarded, apathetic, or both

do share

It's 2 1/4 pound meat patties

I suppose i could eat half a pound of quality beef but certainly not from MacDs

1/4 + 1/4 = 1/2

Half Pounder would make it sound like there was one 1/2 pound patty

It's not called a quarter pounder in international markets so it's okay

just be really confusing at the order window then when they mess it up, complain and have them remake your order. they almost never check the receipt, and they don't take the messed up food back. this works especially well when the drive-thru is slammed because they just want to get you out of there.

the other trick is to get some glossy stock paper and then photoshop all kinds of stupid deals onto them as coupon deals. i don't know about now but they didn't use to have barcodes on the coupons so we would make up our own. 10 piece chicken select combo meals, free medium meals, whatever you could think of.

Yes it is

That's what it's called here

Except calling it a double quarter pounder also implies it's a 1/2 pound patty.

Also while I'm on the subject of American Fast Food Places, can somebody please explain onion rings to me? I mean, it's just a piece of onion, deep-fried, WTF?

All the fast food franchises had them and none of them do in Australia. Is it just an American thing or is it in Europe as well?

it's a royal in europe

It is in Australia, and we haven't used pounds in almost a century

onion rings are american

I am also repulsed by onion rings
I think only BK sells them here

>used pounds in almost a century
Neither will the Brtis.

I mean look at this fucking thing. It was at the "Outback Steakhouse" a "Bloomin Onion", I was never so disgusted in my life

Oh you :3

They just taste good

As far as a lot of our food goes thats really the only reasoning for why

>coupons so we would make up our own
That is just illegal, but complaining about a fucked up order is not.

I seen this posted on /ck/
I assumed it was just a meme

This is really contingent on whether or not you have real onion rings. Some places just serve reconstituted onion matter deep fried int the shape of onion rings and they are very bad.

>They just taste good

It tasted like deep-fried onion

Nah we have them here. I'd be very surprised if they're not a thing in oz

i'll have two number 9's, a number 9 large.....

I'm pretty sure that placing a deliberately wrong order to defraud the restaurant is illegal even if they can't actually prove it was intentional

>I'd be very surprised if they're not a thing in oz

If they are, they certainly aren't served by any of the American franchises. Neither Maccas or Hungry Jacks (Burger Kings) have them.

Sometimes you see them in Canada, they aren't very popular though I don't think. I don't care for them at all

They mess up enough that you can get free food every now and again if it's really that big of a deal to you.

it doesn't really matter. no one gives a shit, certainly not the employees. besides we were just dumb high school kids, i don't do it anymore and haven't for years. a free milkshake would go down pretty good right now though. it's hotter than the devils dick right now

Interdasting

It's called a quarter pounder in south East Asia too
Maybe it's just a euro thing

I don't know if micky Ds does them here actually, and I haven't been in a burger king for years so no idea.

You get them in pub restaurants here, I know spoons (a big pub chain) definitely sells them

Holy Fuck, have you not watched Pulp Fiction?

Nope, it implies there are two 1/4 patties

Not in about 10 years, and my memory when it comes to movie scenes is just a blob of alcohol damaged lard

Two 1/4 patties makes a 1/2 patty though.

Could you fags be any more autistic?

They aren't combining the two patties into one patty

>Neither Maccas or Hungry Jacks (Burger Kings) have them.

Umm, yes they do. EVERY BK has them.

hungryjacks.com.au/menu/sides

Do you live on an oil rig or something?