PAjeetMD glues 4 cores together

>pAjeetMD glues 4 cores together
>Suddenly gaymen community goes crazy

LMFAO are you guys retarded?

You do know anyone can do this right?

Intel has literally done it a few generations ago with Haswell.

Other urls found in this thread:

nextplatform.com/2017/07/12/heart-amds-epyc-comeback-infinity-fabric/
youtu.be/aokgkxHJVYQ?t=218
youtube.com/watch?v=5MPlS8RF0zE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'd love to watch intel try it agian, they would go down in flames.
Literally.

Gaymin community don't give a shit about threadripper user.

Did Intel do this with the Core 2 series?

Why didn't Intel just do four as well?

Here (You) go

Intel just need to glue Kabylake right

>Why didn't Intel just do four as well?
Because they're not retarded and desperate like AyyyMD lmfao

AyyyMD is pushing the industry backwards by slapping shit together just for the sake of pleasing their board of directors.

Gaymen community here, I'm still using my 6700K from 2015.
No reason to upgrade anytime soon.

they already have and are doing it again and it's a literal housefire

AMD scales better, uses less power, is not as hot, is only a few % slower IPC, AND it's way fucking cheaper.
They will win the server market easily and intel is in full panic mode as you can see with their release of a fucking consumer desktop CPU release coming for their enthusiast/workstation chipset and their 300W fucking high core-count chips

But they did. They glued the cpu and the lid together.

they already glue kaby lake, how else does the IHS stay in place

:^)

I'm temped to say "solder" but don't want to be labeled an anti-semite.

back then we didn't have the high frequency RAM that Infinity Fabric relies on to work
Intel has a long way to go

>Getting this angry about processors

Calm down, user.

Maybe spend your time losing your viriginity instead.

Because
>the 7700k is a housefire by itself, 4 of them would be literally volcano tier
>intel has nothing as performant as IF for inter-die communication
>they just can't get off their asses and actually starting working on something that isn't a pentium-m rehash

yes, using cursewords for emphasis means im absolutely fuming and is about to pop a vein

Is none of the heat leaving the CPU?
Is this the power of noSolder?

>7700k is a housefire by itself, 4 of them would be literally volcano tier
The die isn't the problem with the 7700k

You forgot the diagonal interconnects.
Also, watch the AMD EPYC Datacenter talk on their youtube channel.

this nanoglue sure made a lot of people jealous

Must read on infinity fabric details and NVLink hints.

nextplatform.com/2017/07/12/heart-amds-epyc-comeback-infinity-fabric/

>Each of the four Infinity Fabric connections between the two sockets uses the same serializer-deserializer (SERDES) links used by the 16 PCI-Express 3.0 lanes, but operating 20 percent faster than the PCI-Express 3.0 link, at about 9.5 Gb/sec each for 9.5 GB/sec bidirectional bandwidth between processors and an aggregate cross section of 37.9 GB/sec bidirectional bandwidth between sockets.

>Sup Forums told to hotglue your processor
>the amdman did it
>Intel eternally butthurt

>37.9 GB/sec bidirectional bandwidth between sockets.
What?
It's 37.9 per link.
It's 4 times of that per socket.

>>pAjeetMD glues 4 cores together
But it's brilliant.

Making old cores is cheap, slightly underclocked they consume exponentially less power and produce exponentially less heat and nowadays multi-threaded performance is what matters anyway.

also "gluing together" cpus is not as simple as you think

>Making old cores
Except these core are brand spanking new, designed from the ground up specifically to be stuck together like this.

DELIT DIS

At this point most of Intel's creditability comes from them having a blue logo.

Not to mention that it still performs competitively

they do have better IPC but that's becoming less and less relevant every year and they cant compete with intel in the server market cus they cant scale anywhere near as much as AMD

Yes

it doesn't require revolutionary manufacturing technology

>and Intel cant compete with AMD in the server market
fixd

...like it would to produce 14nm cpus performing well at very high GHz

it requires a completely new fabrication process and machinery, it's a pretty big deal

if it was apple they would claim it was revolutionary innovashun

High clocking node comes with Zen2.

yes but it's a different kind of difficulty, not the standard cpu nm shrinking and precision increasing process but how to put it together

it is a hack that works

>a hack
no, that's what intel is doing as a response. AMD designed this from the ground up for this purpose.

7600k here, playing Cemu etc. and performance is very nice

intel was flanked and amd deserves the rewards which will come as a huge increase in server market share

but it will not necessarily be long lived because it's just ... one hack that worked

Yes, it will be even longer lived since AMD is about to get node advantage for the first time in history.

DELID DIS!

>still insisting it's a hack

>one hack that worked

Having a fabric that can communicate between each CCX with enough bandwdith and low enough latency is a huge engineering challenge when scaling up. Intel's previous attempt was shockingly shit which is why they went for the monolithic approach as it completely eliminates the need for such a fabric to be as complex as IF is. In Intel's multi-socket systems there is only a single fabric that connects each chip to the other which is considerably simpler to implement (especially given the generally inclusive nature of cache on Intel chips).

tl;dr its not a hack and you are not understanding the implications IF has for scalability.

L3 is no longer inclusive for SKL-SP.

Except intel simply cannot respond. Their use of monolithic dies is more expensive to manufacture and use (yields and power), and the hack has AMD coming up to parity or even exceeding intel's performance with their FAR more expensive recently released Xeons.

For the amount of money spent on a single 4 socket Xeon rig kitted out with the best intel has to offer (at $12k per chip, thats a server easily running north of $50,000), I could either buy the performance equivalent in AMD hardware for a tenth that, or go the full 50k+ and get so much more compute power.

From a purely objective standpoint, AMD offers more of everything for less cost, and Intel knows it.

>7nm
>5Ghz
Intel is finished and bankrupt

No, not exactly.
Why if they continue to pull stunts like that, they are definetly going the way of dodo to meet DEC, SG and 3dfx.

Reason. My ass.

>Because they're not retarded and desperate like AyyyMD lmfao

But*

Hence "generally". The move to a victim cache for skylake-x is going to pummel Intel even more when building those huge xeons as - especially in multi socket systems - they'll slam straight into a latency wall for anything that can't fit in L2 and is requested by a core on the other side of the system. AMD somewhat gets around this due to how IF communicates across dies but there are certain combinations of core to core communication where there is no escaping that the signal has to take the long route. ServeTheHome made a video fairly recently explaining this and it is quite interesting given the visual aids.

youtu.be/aokgkxHJVYQ?t=218

I'd want some of that CPU glue for way better power efficiency and price/performance, where can I buy some?

You can't.
And I doubt AMD will license IF to anyone.
Ever.

not from intel, that's for sure, they only offer room heating glue.

Intel is coming out with a new arch soon anyway
With i9 they judt throw out the rest of the old silicon they still have.
Intel has like 10x the manpower and actually builds processor's themselves instead of letting pajeets do it for them. I bet half the technology in ryzen is stolen directly from core series processor's via reverse engineering. AMD just isn't good enough. I'm not saying AMD should go bankrupt and I'm not even a Intel fanboy. Actually I don't even have a notebook or PC anymore , only tablet and smartphone. Everyone who thinks AMD can beat Intel is a daydreamer. Just look at AVX512, AMD doesn't even come close

You sound like a panicky Intel executive. Better start looking for a new job!

SEETHING :^)

Got any more pasta?

intel should follow the same path, obviously

>With i9 they just throw out the rest of the old silicon they still have

if they go the "glued together" route after bashing AMD for it, it'll be an even bigger meme

and AMD can easily beat Intel, just look at ryzen7 series overall performance versus the 7700k, only place it wins is the low resolution gaming benchmarks

if/when data centers start adopting epyc, it'll be a huge blow to intel, that's why they're in such defense mode and claiming "glued together desktop chips"

>if they go the "glued together" route after bashing AMD for it, it'll be an even bigger meme
They will, for ~Tigerlake-SP.
>if/when data centers start adopting epyc
Oh don't worry people will use EPYC.
SEV/SME alone makes it worth.

>if/when data centers start adopting epyc
They already are. There was quite a few big names up on the stage during Epyc's launch.

I didn't have time to watch the launch event yet, sounds interesting

Intel needs to invent a new fancy name for it, like TotallyOriginalIdeaPlzDon'tStealâ„¢ Technology

>I didn't have time to watch the launch event yet, sounds interesting
youtube.com/watch?v=5MPlS8RF0zE
Its an 1hr 45min long, but its well worth it especially for the subtle "Fuck you"s aimed at intel.

>subtle
>DELL and HPE on stage
>SUBTLE

>but its well worth it especially for the subtle "Fuck you"s aimed at intel.

thanks user

I'm using an i3 7350K OC @ 4.5GHz, why should I upgrade?

Neither Intel's monolithic dies. Ryzen wouldn't be a succes without a good ipc.

Those are the blatant "GO FUCK YOURSELF" for intel. I'm talking about them taking potshots at intel for their market segmentation bullshit among other things.

[shills in Hebrew]

>JUST WAIT(TM)
LMAO

I don't know why it's so hard to understand for some folks but ryzen being good doesn't make Intel cpus magically bad. Before that you had the choices of good and bad, now you have good and better.

Muh Ringbus needs to be changed to Muh Mesh or something along those lines.

>i-it was just a hack ..
>t-they just glued desktop CPUs together

Intel's implementation of MCM is a joke in comparison to IF.

You were already stupid enough to buy the most pointless, overpriced dual core CPU in existence. There's no saving you.

Actually considering what is in AMD's pipeline (dieshrinks, more mores), compared to what's in intel's pipeline (more bingbus), the holocaust has only just begun.

Haha wow

Reminder to report shitposters.

We'd have to ban most of Sup Forums if the system actually worked.

Good.

oy vey anudda shoah

That's the IBM 5nm version.

I got it as a gift, I wasn't even planning to upgrade this year, and I had to buy a new mother board and some DDR4

that's why I'm asking if I should upgrade, not even OC'd @ 5 GHz I noticed a difference (like if my old CPU was already enough )

6mn version

there's one diagonal interconnect too

it's 5 links

Sell it and either get an i7-7700K on the same platform or get an R5 1600/1600X.

Right, 7700k is hellfire only because of stock clocks, stock voltage and TIM.

I HATE AMD SO MUCH

there you go

thanks

You're fucking retarded. There are 2 diagonal interconnects. Every die is connected directly to other dies.

How the hell could anyone have looked at this and said: Yep, this is fine. Let's mass produce it.

I mean the people who actually design this stuff must be rather smart engineers. They cannot simply have missed this.

>Intel
>engineers
You mean H1B rajeets and beancounters?

gr8 b8 m8
no one is this stupid
>sage in all fields