Why aren't you lifting yet?

The best time to planet a tree was 10 years ago, the second best time is now, lads tbqh.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Tny2ioAEiW8
youtube.com/watch?v=k3YBEK_-ejY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No, I have actually been doing real sports and not lifting weights like a retard because I wanted to transform from a beta to a wannabe alpha.

Lifting is for faggots.

I bet you look terrible

You know you can lift AND do sports, right?

why should I lifting?

Because

Those guys look like they take steroids

Because you will look better and it's good for you

I don't. I've been a swimmer all my life and always been ripped. Would never waste my time with bullshit like lifting.

Does lifting weights turn you brown?

how Canadian knows what is good for people in Poland?

Why is it bullshit?

It's good for you

Sounds like you're too scared to start.. I knew guys like that growing up and once they got into lifting and seeing results they admitted they were being retarded.. Start pumping, Hans.

because lifting doesn't require any skill? it doesn't teach you shit.

catch a heavy flu or another diesease that fucks you for two months and all was for nothing.

>because lifting doesn't require any skill?

Learning the movements is definitely a skill

>catch a heavy flu or another diesease that fucks you for two months and all was for nothing.

Wat. Ever heard of muscle memory?

>Learning the movements is definitely a skill
HAHAHAHAHAHA
>Wat. Ever heard of muscle memory?
Great, still lifting doesn't require any skill like football, basketball, boxing, swinning or any other olympic discipline.

Most self appointed "lifters" I know are people who do a series with something weighting less than 50kg, pat eachother in the back and then procees to brag about being lifters everywhere they go.
I dont want to be associated with people like that.

Lifting taught me about nutrition, form, time management, aesthetics, and I made a bunch of new friends from it.. Also I've gotten mad compliments from women and even men. My confidence has definitely gone up since I've started.. Stop acting like you don't wanna look and feel better

It takes mental fortitude to lift. You can learn more by lifting than you think.

You gain skils that can be transerred to other areas of life.

>HAHAHAHAHAHA

Are you trying to imply that teaching your body to recruit the necessary muscle fibers to perform a certain movement effectively is not a skill?

it is absolutely a skill, most of your "gains" from the first year of lifting aren't even because you're building muscle, it's mostly due to training to CNS to actually recruit muscle fibers for movements you've never done before in your life.

>Great, still lifting doesn't require any skill like football, basketball, boxing, swinning or any other olympic discipline.

What about Olympic weightlifting? - A sport in the olympics? Does pic related take any skill

>lifters

Hah! Good joke my friend.

>I dont want to be associated with people like that.
this.
>It takes mental fortitude to lift. You can learn more by lifting than you think.
only a retard who never did real sports spits out shit like that. Where did you get that line? From a Youtuber?

Only peasants and plebs lift. Lifting is for poor and uprising people.
lol trying this hard. You could box for five years while Floyd Mayweather eats shit and drinks beer for 5 years and after those 5 years he would still wreck you. That's skill.

I'm a skeltal, and I've tried doing the lifting meme and found it kinda pointless considering I go back to being skinny again because I can't be eating all day and night. I eat a lot and have a hard time putting on weight, so going on a diet just to lift shit is kind of pointless.

>lol trying this hard

Trying at what? I'm correcting what you're saying.

I've corrected you on every "point" you've made so far. That your muscles "go away" after two months, that lifting weights is not a skill. Waiting for more desu.

>only a retard who never did real sports spits out shit like that. Where did you get that line? From a Youtuber?
>Only peasants and plebs lift. Lifting is for poor and uprising people.

Why do you think it's impossible to play both sports AND lift? Many people do both of these activities because they compliment each other. Lifting helps with sports

>Only peasants and plebs lift. Lifting is for poor and uprising people.

While I hate lifters because they are morons, this is not true. Muscle exercises are by far the best route to a healthy and long life, especially for males.

Muscle training also encourages a healthier diet, where carbohydrates are stuffed to the little corner they belong in instead of making up 90% of your daily consumption.

But yeah

Muscle exercises > Cardio
Calisthenics > lifting > HIIT running > cycling >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> jogging

You are propably what this post described.

You have done a series under 50kg, one style of lifting for about two weeks and now, as you lack social life, came here to brag, afraid that /fit/ would call you out on your bullshit.

Listen, girls don't give a shit about big guys. Girls give a shit about ripped and athletic guys. You can achieve that with almost any sport.
exactly, lifting is an extension of sports but it's not a real sport by itself. Just like supplements aren't real food. What pisses me off about lifting is what it does to male persons. They think they're real males while in reality they act like bitches and beauty queens who can't even run a marathon.

meant for

How intense were your times in the gym? Everytime I go to the gym I make sure each exercise is intense af. The body won't grow if it's not pushed.. Have you considered meal prepping? That helped me a lot.

Let the skinny fat Euros live in their delusion, you know damn well they wouldn't be again looking and feeling better if they weren't too scared of stepping in a gym.

t.bro scientist

kinda funny because I know for a fact that lots of lifters actually suffer from high blood pressure without them even knowing it because their cardiovascular performance sucks.

>You have done a series under 50kg, one style of lifting for about two weeks and now, as you lack social life, came here to brag

I'm not bragging about anything, I made a post asking why people here have not started lifting.

>afraid that /fit/ would call you out on your bullshit

I have several /fit/ threads open in other tabs and i regularly post there as I have for years.

>They think they're real males while in reality they act like bitches and beauty queens who can't even run a marathon

Why would I need to run a marathon in my life?

Looking good and being strong directly affects my life. Being able to run for 3 hours does not improve my life in any way.

also I can run fairly decently, I do cardio you know

>Let the skinny fat Euros live in their delusion
this is exactly what's wrong with lifters. So you're saying real athletes like Phelps, Ronaldo etc. look like shit because they're not "big" .. ayy lmao. I'm pretty sure the majority of bitches prefer their body.

>t.bro scientist

If bro science is what you call facts, fine. Most cardio is unhealthy for you, especially long distance running. HIIT is good for you, but most don't do it.

Gym culture never really took off in Finland. Finns have autism culture.

>this is exactly what's wrong with lifters.

You were the who has been insulting us and calling our choice of sport "shit" for "losers", and more.

We didn't start insulting your choice of sport, and still haven't.

>So you're saying real athletes like Phelps, Ronaldo etc. look like shit because they're not "big"

No one said that, you're using a strawman.

Also what makes you think that those "real athletes" do not lift?

Gyms are extremely popular in Finland though.

>Most cardio is unhealthy for you
Says who? I swear if you're going to post a pubmed n=20 study I'm going to rip your fucking throat out.

>Also what makes you think that those "real athletes" do not lift?
I just told you lifting is an extension but lots of lfters "laugh" at ppl if they don't lift even though lifting itself isn't even a real sport.

Does olympic weightlifting count

From where I am from, in the far north, people who go to gyms are seen as fancy pants princessess. You do work or you rest.

Both of those guys you mentioned lift, and I'm sure they lift with great intensity. They may lift to supplement their main sport, but I lift for the aesthetics and to see how big and strong I can get. That takes time, education, nutrition, self-reflection, among other things.

I've had women straight up grope me and treat me like a piece of meat while the scrawny swimmers and soccer players looked on with a wtf look on their face. Weight lifting increases testosterone which is appealing to everyone.

I do bodyweight exercises tbqh

lol all the swimmers I know lift and most are oly lifters

Sounds like you're just a pussy

Yeah but it's 1 person per gym(excluding employees) so there aren't actually many people going to the gym in total, it's just that there aren't enough gyms for each person in Finland to go.

>because lifting doesn't require any skill?

Go try snatching the bar

Just the bar

Does yoga count?

Not sure if that's considered a sport.

but i think the German was saying that lifting weights is not a real sport

>The scientific literature is filled with data that strongly make the case that long-distance runners are much more likely to develop cardiovascular disease,4 atrial fibrillation,5 cancer,6 liver and gallbladder disorders,7 muscle damage,8 kidney dysfunction (renal abnormalities),9 acute microthrombosis in the vascular system,10 brain damage,11 spinal degeneration,12 and germ-cell cancers13 than are their less active counterparts.

4. 4. Lucian, “Pro Lapsu inter Salutandum,” in The Works of Lucian of Samosata (Vol. III), translated by H. W. Fowler and F. G. Fowler (Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1905), 36.

5. G. Whyte, “Is Exercise-Induced Myocardial Injury Self-Abating?” Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise 33, no. 5 (May 2001): 850–51, “Echocardiographic Studies report cardiac dysfunction following ultra-endurance exercise in trained individuals. Ironman and half-Ironman competition resulted in reversible abnormalities in resting left ventricular diastolic and systolic function. Results suggest that myocardial damage may be, in part, responsible for cardiac dysfunction, although the mechanisms responsible for this cardiac damage remain to be fully elucidated”; W. L. Knez et al., “Ultra-Endurance Exercise and Oxidative Damage: Implications for Cardiovascular Health,” Sports Medicine 36, no. 5 (2006): 429–41; J. E. Sherman et al., “Endurance Exercise, Plasma Oxidation and Cardiovascular Risk,” Acta Cardiologica 59, no. 6 (December 2004): 636–42; and R. Shern-Brewer et al., “Exercise and Cardiovascular Disease: A New Perspective,” Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology 18, no. 7 (July 1998): 1181–87.

6. D. R. Swanson, “Atrial Fibrillation in Athletes: Implicit Literature-Based Connection Suggests That Overtraining and Subsequent Inflammation May Be a Contributing Mechanism.” Medical Hypotheses 66, no. 6 (2006): 1085–92.

(cont)

7. M. Deichmannet, A. Benner, N. Kuner, J. Wacker, V. Waldmann, and H. Naher, “Are Responses to Therapy of Metastasized Malignant Melanoma Reflected by Decreasing Serum Values of S100β or Melanoma Inhibitory Activity (MIA)?” Melanoma Research 11, no. 3 (June 2001): 291–96, “In metastatic melanoma S100β [a marker of cancer] as well as melanoma inhibitory activity (MIA) are elevated in the serum in the majority of patients. Elevation has been found to correlate with shorter survival, and changes in these parameters in the serum during therapy were recently reported to predict therapeutic outcome in advanced disease”; and R. V. T. Santos, R. A. Bassit, E. C. Caperuto, and L. F. B. P. Costa Rosa, “The Effect of Creatine Supplementation upon Inflammatory and Muscle Soreness Markers After a 30km Race,” Life Science 75, no. 16 (September 15, 2004): 1917–24, “After the test (a 30km run), athletes from the control group presented an increase in plasma CK (4.4-fold), LDH (43%), PGE2 6.6-fold) and TNF-alpha [another marker of cancer] (2.34-fold) concentrations, indicating a high level of cell injury and inflammation.”

cont

8. H. J. Wu, K. T. Chen, B. W. Shee, H. C. Chang, Y. J. Huang, and R. S. Yang, “Effects of 24 H Ultra-Marathon on Biochemical and Hematological Parameters,” World Journal of Gastroenterology 10, no. 18 (September 15, 2004): 2711–14, “Results: Total bilirubin (BIL-T), direct bilirubin (BILD), alkaline phosphatase (ALP), aspartate aminotransferase (AST), alanine aminotransferase (ALT) and lactate dehydrogenase (LDH) increased statistically significantly (P

9. M. J. Warhol, A. J. Siegel, W. J. Evans, and L. M. Silverman, “Skeletal Muscle Injury and Repair in Marathon Runners After Competition,” American Journal of Pathology 118, no. 2 (February 1985): 331–39, “Muscle from runners showed post-race ultrastructural changes of focal fiber injury and repair: intra and extracellular edema with endothelial injury; myofibrillar lysis, dilation and disruption of the T-tubule system, and focal mitochondrial degeneration without inflammatory infiltrate (1–3 days). The mitochondrial and myofibrillar damage showed progressive repair by 3–4 weeks. Late biopsies showed central nuclei and satellite cells characteristic of the regenerative response (8–12 weeks). Muscle from veteran runners showed intercellular collagen deposition suggestive of a fibrotic response to repetitive injury. Control tissue from non-runners showed none of these findings.”

10. J. A. Neviackas and J. H. Bauer, “Renal Function Abnormalities Induced by Marathon Running,” Southern Medical Journal 74, no.12 (December 1981): 1457–60, “All post race urinalyses were grossly abnormal. . . . We conclude that renal function abnormalities occur in marathon runners and that the severity of the abnormality is temperature-dependent.”

11. M. K. Fagerhol, H. G. Neilsen, A. Vetlesen, K. Sandvik, and T. Lybert, “Increase in Plasma CalProtectin During Long-Distance Running,” Scandinavian Journal of Clinical and Laboratory Investigation 65, no. 3 (2005): 211–20, “Running leads to biochemical and hematological changes consistent with an inflammatory reaction to tissue injury. . . . During the marathon, half-marathon, the 30-km run, the ranger-training course and the VO2 max exercise, calprotectin levels increased 96.3-fold, 13.3-fold, 20.1-fold, 7.5-fold and 3.4-fold, respectively. These changes may reflect damage to the tissues or vascular endothelium, causing microthrombi with subsequent activation of neutrophils.”

cont

>Not wanting a brute like Leroy Davis screaming at you, getting you pumped up to get that last rep.

Who needs preworkout having him pumping you up?

LETS GET NASTYYY
youtube.com/watch?v=Tny2ioAEiW8

12 1/2 S100β is a protein that reflects central nervous system injury. N. Marchi, P. Rasmussen, M. Kapural, V. Fazio, K. Kight, A. Kanner, B. Ayumar, B. Albensi, M. Cavaglia, and D. Janigro, “Peripheral Markers of Brain Damage and Blood-Brain Barrier Dysfunction,” Restorative Neurology and Neuroscience 21, no. 3–4 (2003): 109–21, “S100β in serum is an early marker of BBB openings that may precede neuronal damage and may influence therapeutic strategies.

cont

second part of 12

12 2/2 Secondary, massive elevations in S100β are indicators of prior brain damage and bear clinical significance as predictors of poor outcome or diagnostic means to differentiate extensive damage from minor, transient impairment.” [Note: This damage resembles acute brain trauma, indicating elevated levels of S100β, which is a marker of brain damage and blood brain barrier dysfunction]; A. J. Saenz, E. Lee-Lewandrowski, M. J. Wood, T. G. Neilan, A. J. Siegel, J. L. Januzzi, and K. B. Lewandrowski, “Measurement of a Plasma Stroke Biomarker Panel and Cardiac Troponin T in Marathon Runners Before and After the 2005 Boston Marathon,” American Journal of Clinical Pathology 126, no. 2 (2006): 185–89, “We also report results of a new plasma biochemical stroke panel in middle-aged nonprofessional athletes before and after the Boston Marathon. The stroke panel consists of 4 biomarkers, S100β, D dimer, BNP, and MMP-9. From the results for various analytes, a software algorithm calculates a stroke index ranging from 1 to 10 with 2 cutoffs: 1.3 or less, low risk; and 5.9 or more, high risk. In terms of individual markers, we observed statistically significant increases in MMP-9 and D dimer levels following competition and no significant change in S100β or BNP levels. The calculated stroke index increased from a mean of 0.97 to 3.5 (P

watch this instead

youtube.com/watch?v=k3YBEK_-ejY

13 H. Schmitt, C. Friebe, S. Schneider, and D. Sabo, “Bone Mineral Density and Degenerative Changes of the Lumbar Spine in Formal Elite Athletes,” International Journal of Sports Medicine 26, no. 6 (July 2005): 457–63, “The aim of this study was to assess bone mineral density (BMD) and degenerative changes in the lumbar spine in male former elite athletes participating in different track and field disciplines and to determine the influence of body composition and degenerative changes on BMD. One hundred and fifty-nine former male elite athletes (40 throwers, 97 jumpers, 22 endurance athletes) were studied. . . . Throwers had a higher body mass index than jumpers and endurance athletes. Throwers and jumpers had higher BMD (T-LWS) than endurance athletes. Bivariate analysis revealed a negative correlation of BMD (T-score) with age and a positive correlation with BMD and Kellgren score (P

Jesus fuck :o

that bulge

I don't know how to "planet" a tree, but i do know how to plant a tree :)

Shit genes here. Lifting for 2 years and barely any result

>24h ultra marathon
Go back to the bin, Finn. Normal people just run 15-30km and feel great.

>Shit genes here. Lifting for 2 years and barely any result

How's your nutrition?

What's your routine? How's your form?

if nothing else jsut check your test, maybe you're very low testosterone

>genes
You've m made 5 mistakes in "diet"

I've been doing stronglifts for 3 months and I'm more skinnyfat than ever

lifting is just a meme

>spend 20 minutes using machines and dumbbells all the same weight
>go to botellon immediately after

Gee wonder why you still look like shit

I eat healthy food but apparently not enough according to MyFitnesspal. I also can't for the life of me eat any breakfast, makes me want to puke

Why are Germans such betas?

>I eat healthy food but apparently not enough according to MyFitnesspal

m8 what is healthy food. I'm asking your calories and macros.

have you been bulking or cutting over those two years?

What are your current stats like? (height, weight and main lifts)

If you actually worked at it pragmatically you'd have pretty good gains in two years

The guy looks significantly better on the left.

because it's the manlet choice of workout

>tfw too intellectual to lift

Why can't you be both?

bump

Lifting is for fags

Been lifting for 4 months. I've gained 15 kg since january and now I'm at 90kg so I no longer look like a skellington (190cm tall). Even though I have yet to shred off the body fat I'm positive that in a couple months more I can achieve a somewhat decent physique and more muscle growth with the bare minum effort. For all you fags hating on lifting, I used to be one of you

Sorry I have actual hobbies, interests, intellectual pursuits, friends, girls, and self-confidence

Have fun tho

I do too

5-10 hours a week isn't going to stop all that

>8:00: wake up and go to work
>18:00: go from work to college
>22::00: go back home
>22:30: try not to cry
>22:31: cry on the floor
>24:00 go to sleep

I literally have no time :(

>i life things up
>and put them back down again

you forgot waiting a few minutes after doing so a few times in a row

i'm 5'9 110 lbs lads.

how do i beef up?

Eat more than 1000 calories a day and lift a weight in your life

I used to be a skeleton too, I basically stopped eating crap (empty calories) and increased my protein ingesture, I drink 1 Ensure per day, that helped me a lot. Also go to the gym

If that doesn't work try with this thing, there's no way you don't gain weight with this, but it will increase your fat % too

I have all of that, lift, and living that /fit/ life.

Meal prep like a champ.. Buy bags of fish and chicken, sweet potatos and veggies and get to cookin'. Look online for some great workout plans, but the key is to always make sure each and every session is intense and demanding. Then go home and eat a few meals and take your protein before bed. Your body will force you to eat more if it's being pushed its limit.

I used to take gainers but I always ended up getting a lil chubby.. i prefer just eating clean and eating a lot.