/ntr/ - Netrunner official Sup Forums browser

We are making a web browser!
PREVIOUSLY In the face of recent changes in Firefox and Chrome some anons were asking for a Sup Forums's perfect web browser, we collected the most wanted here and plan on continuing with the creation.

To contribute follow the WORK PLAN, join the IRC to ask developers for a repo, and get to programming!

IRC on Rizon: #Sup Forumsnetrunner
IRC guide: pastebin.com/YDbEWRHV

Gitgud: gitgud.io/odilitime/netrunner/
Teknik: git.teknik.io/gyroninja/netrunner
Github: github.com/5yph3r/Netrunner

>TODO:
- Host project at savannah.nongnu.org
- Set bug tracker and mailing list in Savannah.

>WORK PLAN
1. Browse links2 source code (you can use Ctags for tagging functions and files).
2. Expose API and give access to everything (scripting through executables is planned).
3. Give total control over the DOM, put options in files inside a hierarchical folder structure referencing sites and subsites.
4. Implement a link grabber for every link and media type to be parsed by scripts and independent applications.
5. Create an uncomplicated switch to general security profiles located in saved files.
6. Implement ncurses simple tree style graphics for bookmarks, tabs, advanced security policies by site, etc.
7. Work in the framebuffer graphics rendering.
8. Open API to javascript support (version 2.1pre28 of links2 had javascript enabled).
9. Cache, logs, cookies, and other data storage options.
10. Ports routing proxy management.
11. Vim/Emacs modes, dwb hints and quickmarks.
12. Optionally add parser for HTML, DJVU, PDF, epub, etc.?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/bnUU6kcu
pastebin.com/gjp7QmQJ
blog.qutebrowser.org/
github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/27
github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/28
github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/2626
drive.google.com/file/d/0B17qxZ_tV2fTbzAwTkEyV2JURmM/view?usp=sharing
git.teknik.io/gyroninja/netrunner/
gitgud.io/odilitime/netrunner
github.com/nigels-com/glew/releases
github.com/glfw/glfw/releases
freetype.org/download.html
github.com/behdad/harfbuzz/releases
spit.mixtape.moe/view/765a1dc1
git.teknik.io/gyroninja/netrunner
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bampin 4 epic winz0rz

i can make the logo

Third for torspammer's retribution

Added a features pastebin pastebin.com/bnUU6kcu
and an FAQ pastebin.com/gjp7QmQJ
in case anybody wants a to save two posts.

I want this to happen, but don't kill another thread for it until you get someone with actual experience building a modern browser to work with you.

What the hell are you talking about, have you been here before?

wew this thread is pretty much dead

Browser is dead, been around for a month and zero progress has been made.

I want to use this browser, but its guranteed to be virus ridden like most open source projects

Your argument is dead as always :^)

Huh, thought this one is dead already.
How many people are contributing?

I'll take a netrunner thread over the shitpost it replaced. This board is essentially 50% shitposting, at least people are discussing something real here and not about how much Windooz BTFO or whatever the fuck else

Wow, you are not even trying anymore

I'm not arguing, but by replying I guess it's not as dead as it was when I said it was. I guess I'm losing now

Were is the qutebrowser shill? I want to ask him when he is going to implement the security features the dev promised.

Ok, maybe saying that about open source is unfair, but a browser from Sup Forums? Y'all gun get trolled

How would the shill know when the dev would do things? He's just a shill

i made a logo

He may be the dev himself, he post in Sup Forums sometimes. Or maybe he is in his mailing list, one never knows.

4 idea guys, but nobody is actually building it. just look at those fucking "commits" lol

You wouldn't know memelord

Is this project still using regex for parsing?

>netrunnet - the perfect browser
>it doesn't actually exist
like pottery

I'm the dev. Source: me :^)

If with "security features" you mean NoScript/uMatrix like functionality: The (much needed) refactoring of the config is done, but per-domain settings which would allow for this aren't yet. I'm currently not doing much qutebrowser work because my exams are coming up, but I'll continue on the config stuff in September. Some related links:

blog.qutebrowser.org/
github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/27
github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/28
github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/2626

Hey niggers, I made a better logo.
drive.google.com/file/d/0B17qxZ_tV2fTbzAwTkEyV2JURmM/view?usp=sharing

Has regex been substituted yet?

Thanks for the update mr dev, and good luck with your exams.

Does qutebrowser work with a framebuffer? Also, why should I use qutebrowser over ozbl?

Has anyone made a logo yet? If not, I'd be more than glad to make one.

>netrunner

daily reminder this is a weekend project by 1 (one) high school kid with 0 programming experience

With the QtWebKit backend it kind of works (as Qt supports drawing to a framebuffer), but I haven't really ever tried more than starting it.

uzbl is a good choice too, as long as you use its next branch based on a recent WebKit2. Other than that, it depends - qutebrowser has some more features built in (which can be good or bad, depends on your point of view), probably the bigger community behind it, and uses a more up-to-date backend when you use it with QtWebEngine.

wow guys this will totally have all the features mentioned in op

meanwhile in all repos: *crickets*

can't wait to trust these professional programmers after a whole weekend course with my internet security

All this butthurt just to shill chrome

>no commits
Lol kys fag

a what now? why are you making stuff up, odil?

Hey spammer, got my name wrong

Well I hope it gives a framebuffer option so all those python3-qt or whatever dependencies become optional.

This.

#evolved

why isn't this called neetrunner

we're too fast,
for their reaction time. ;)

stop posting dog poop

>native onion protocol support
>built in adblock
>built in Sup Forums x
>built in automatic coincidence detector
>default home page is right wing death squads by moonman on youtube
This is everything we need for the perfect web browser

your dumb

>coincidence detector
Replace that with churnalism

I don't see what one has to do with the other.

will this get ported to the bsd's?

nice pape

bored on a Sunday evening

The fuck, I finally looked at the GitHub. This project is shit.

Most of the dependencies for qutebrower are qt related and themselves have tons of extra dependencies. It's overly complex for a browser that wants to be simple.

>written in C crossed out and replaced by written in C++
it was only time

I hope you and anyone else who reposts this thread gets banned.
No you aren't making a browser, it simply isn't going to happen.

Qt can run in a framebuffer. If you want a browser which is actually secure and usable (i.e. can render today's websites), it's going to be using either Qt or GTK - even suckless' surf does. Or maybe CEF/Electron and HTML/CSS/JS for the GUI, but I'm not convinced that's any better.

Suckless surf hate webkit2gtk because it goes against everything suckless stands for.

Suckless would love netrunner if they know, follows the unix philosophy to the core.

After a two week break, we're back in action. Updates to both repos this week

Work towards a proper layout
git.teknik.io/gyroninja/netrunner/

(has all gyro's commits now)
Multiplatform makefile, new README, sped up text-renderer 15x (making scrolling faster), addressed some code review
gitgud.io/odilitime/netrunner

Most important for compilation:
Compliation Requirements

gcc or llvm
opengl
glew (2.0 works) github.com/nigels-com/glew/releases

glfw (3.2.1 works) github.com/glfw/glfw/releases

freetype2 (2.8 works) freetype.org/download.html

harfbuzz (1.4.6 works) github.com/behdad/harfbuzz/releases

md5sum (for shader compilation) spit.mixtape.moe/view/765a1dc1

Which is exactly my point - if you want something that's actually usable as a browser, there isn't really an alternative.

Even though I haven't used it long..

BSD is far too practical for this browser.
Try pic related, friend!

>NEW FEATURE COMPLETE
Where is your webkit god now
Where is your blink god now
Where is your servo god now
Where is your chrome god now
Where is your vivaldi god now
Where is your firefox god now

Chrome shills in suicide watch!

this post is like UV light sterilizing bacteria

chromecuks will rage

Old

You'll need to find new screenshots now

Regexes were never used.

>showing this unmaintainable clusterfuck of spaghetti code as a positive example

top jej

Fuck chrome

What does chrome have to do with your complete lack of ability to write in c++ or plan large projects?

No, I won't ignore you came here to shill chrome, fuck chrome

What's unmaintainable about that?

This is still more maintainable than Chrome desu. Have you looked at the Chrome source tree?

Nice projection. What does it have to do with that amateur clusterfuck on "teknik"?

And it has none of the features Chrome has, and will never have any of the features they keep bragging about.

Fuck off chrome shill, you are implying too much

>not having botnet
>not having corporate backers
>not selling our user privacy
no project starting out has all their competitors features.

The only thing it has now is amateur high school programmers with no experience, ten logos, twenty threads, and thirty chat channels. It's a non-starter. Please stop embarrassing yourself and stop reposting this.

So much bullshit in one post, inflating you critic won't add any value to pure air.

This became a laughing stock on this board in record time. It's time to stop.

You are not this board, you are not Sup Forums, you are not Sup Forums, you are just an authoritarian piece of shit and you should stop. Nobody cares about your complain.

Keep crying, you are pathetic, chrome shill

Does he do it for free? Why would someone keep trying to manipulate opinions about a fun project like this?

That's the million dollar question.

C++ is the best way to manage a large codebase.

just lol my dude

the existence of makefiles proves it's one of the worst ways to write large amounts of code

in modern languages we have build tools like npm, cargo, pip, and so on, which build projects and link dependencies in a foolproof way. c++ was left in the last century and still hasn't caught up.

netrunner's """developers""" use c++ here because they finished an online course and Sup Forums told them it's what "professional programmers" use. they should have picked electron and add a gui like brave browser. this way it would be possible to have a semi-decent browser made by a tiny, inexperienced team. the way they started doing it it's just setting them up for failure right from the start.

>npm
>pip
opinion discarded

No

see, you're using c++ as a prop because that's what people on the internet told you is for "mature projects", and you dislike convenient, easy to use tools because they expose you as a fraud

it's like an atheist wearing a fedora and growing a neckbeard to feel "manly", you use c++ not because it's the best tool for the job but to feel "professional", and you have to compensate this way because you're an unemployed neet

meanwhile no employed engineer has ever felt the need to discard a convenient tool just because somebody on the internet thinks it's not "extreme" enough

yes, please tell me more about my motives. Your projections are interesting.

Progress could have been made if they had simply chosen to use WebKit instead of focusing on terminal compatibility in 2017

>Sup Forums gets their favorite anime site shut down

>Sup Forums programs and creates a new website as a replacement with all the torrents and extras within a week

>Sup Forums can't even get together to make something
>nothing but idea guys

Pathetic

Are we C++ now?

That's really good. I suggested that on the first thread. Haven't checked back in a while.

Dude the whole point of open source is that you can look into it and blatantly see any shifty business going on.

>Written in C++
Well it's guaranteed to be slow, bloated, and shit now. C89 is the only language you'll ever need and should ever use.

Sup Forums helped with the project hence why a general for it is on the board.

>git.teknik.io/gyroninja/netrunner
Is this a joke??
>all these idea lists centered around paranoia and muh privacy
>literally no css parser (todo: make css rules trickle down)
>no address field??
>not to mention, it's hosted on some fucking chinese knockoff github, way to attract an open source community. amazing
>moonman symbol, a low key symbol for white supremacy. i dont care about it personally, but it will just put off a lot of potential contributors. clearly the result of a lack of good decision making for any serious project

if you're paranoid just use firefox with the appropriate extensions through a torVM in qubes over a VPN or some shit. then do all of your firewalling at the VM level. i dont think anyone would trust a supposedly privacy focused browser just because it was written by some autistic fucktards on Sup Forums.

Wrong

It's on Sup Forums because its technology related. Not because you losers did anything

also, not to mention the name thats clearly a retarded NTR pun. and the website is straight from the 90s. great first impression for new users.

i take back the comment about teknik. i see that there are other mirrors of the repo too.