What's the best antivirus for Linux?

What's the best antivirus for Linux?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/avaelizabethasmr
av-test.org/en/news/news-single-view/linux-16-security-packages-against-windows-and-linux-malware-put-to-the-test/
av-comparatives.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/avc_linux_2015_en.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

your brain

Nice trips

If he's asking for a antivirus, he's not using his..

I want to marry her

Linux doesn't have any antimalware programs. Linux doesn't have any apps. Use Android-x86!

You don't need antivirus for GNU/Linux unless you have a mail server that has mail that is going out to users who might be using windows.

Kys

my company's IT guy want's to install Eset on my work laptop. He says he has good experience with it. Is there something better? How does it compare with Clamav?

There is no reason to use AV for regular GNU/Linux install. Even if you suggested wine the most likely thing that would happen is that it would only fuck up your home directory.

Just install MacOS or Windows 10 with Linux subsystem.

CommonSense™ 2017

It's one of the better Windows AVs. No idea how the Linux version behaves but it's 100% placebo.

That's a new one. Well memed.

SELinux
etc

Just pour some dihidrogen monoxide into your power supply to get it out...

this, pair it with Don'tBeADumbAss Pro and you'll never have to worry about viruses on linux

You would need to be root for it to do any real damage and who would be dumb enough to run an obscure program they've never heard of as root just because a website said you should or must? Can normalfags really be that dumb?

>SELinux
You have to set it up yourself, though. The defaults that ship with systems like RHEL or Fedora are so relaxed it's useless.
Also, I have big reservations about it being based on inodes only.

I'd just like to take a moment of your time. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX. Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

>her

Not if you use Android-x86.

I am no longer surprised at the average level of idiocy of the average normalfag, if there was a way to fuck it up, someone somewhere will do it.

Is this what girls in CS are like? wtf I love STEM now.

You must be one of those morons who don't use an IDS/IPS at work because you're an expert.

Any real damage? Root is not needed to operate in user folder, that's where real damage happens for desktops. I don't understand why a lot of people don't give a shit about security and just hope for the best because "it's got no viruses lol xd", it is a dumb way of thinking.

Use Android. No root ootb!!

damn I fapped a lot with my wife today, looked like last time was month ago

it's a trap?

Actually updating your system.

It's called not running random shit in root
It works surprisingly well

youtube.com/avaelizabethasmr

I'll just leave it there ...

av-test.org/en/news/news-single-view/linux-16-security-packages-against-windows-and-linux-malware-put-to-the-test/

Remember, a Linux pc often dual boot or share files with Windows and Mac users that could still get infected, Linux isn't invunerable too.

av-comparatives.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/avc_linux_2015_en.pdf