A american plug kill a teen

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4701008/Final-photo-sent-teen-just-electrocuted.html#article-4701008

>The heartbreaking final photo taken by girl, 15, just moments before she dropped her phone in the bath and electrocuted herself

>Madison Coe texted a photo of the extension cord that killed her just minutes before the fatal shock

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Residual-current_device
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

her own Stupidity killed her, much like how america killed itself

>Madison Coe texted a photo of the extension cord that killed her just minutes before the fatal shock
How convenient

Wasn't the rumor that she was taking pictures of her tits for her boyfriend or something and he couldn't wait for her to charge her phone properly, so she got an extension cord?

Forgive my ignorance, but doesn't phone chargers only deliver 5 volts and a few hundred mA? Wouldn't she have to drop the extension cord it self to be electrocuted?

tragic that someone so young died but really a pretty stupid move

correct

hopefully this will motivate girls to come into STEM

Extension cord could've gotten wet, outlet could've been shit.

Or chink tier charger put out line voltage to USB ground.

Most phone chargers have very short cables, it's almost guaranteed she did something retarded like put the extension cord plug on the edge of the tub for maximum cable reach.

>be american
>get plugged

So how is this the fault of American plugs? Most bathroom wall sockets are made to shut off if something like that happened

See for yourself, these non-american plugs are clearly perfectly safe in the water.

oobantoo!

>daily mail
Post less crass news will you?

Modern bathrooms, yes.

Ah yes, my fellow gentleman, I too prefer my more civilized news from established outlets such as Salon and New Yorker

*tips RESIST twitter bio*

I prefer to make toast while in the tub

>Her family described Madison as a smart and loving girl
>extension cord in bathtub
>smart

>Her parents released the photo and text to warn others not to use portable electronics near water
Why no roasties have to be attention whores even from their graves? There was literally no reason to include the photo of her

>Americunts are too cheap to install an RCD/GFCI/whatever in the electrical panel
They basically cost nothing, and could easily save your life.

That would trip the safeties if it got submerged.

> when you use and extension cord
> and
Anyway, I use a wireless charging pad in the bath.

>warn others not to use portable electronics near water

Really?
They are THIS dumb?

>using an electric device in your bath
>using an electric device while being wet
>using an electric device without wearing shoes or something to protect yourself from the ground

Jesus christ burgers, don't you ever get tired of setting new lows for stupidity?

She probably plug it outside of the bathroom plug.

Nothing wrong with any of that except you might damage your device.

>bathroom in older house not having GFCI outlets
It's called grandfathering. Just like how half the homes in the UK are still on fucking ring circuits designed in the midst of WW2 copper rationing.

>using ANY electrical device without wearing these
ishygddt

or kill you

might sound dumb but how does 5v kill somebody? I have had a zap from phone chargers before and didn't die

>using any electrical device at all

Do you take all your clothes off and walk into a clean room before handling electronic components while wearing rubber gloves and attaching a grounding strap to yourself to minimize ESD? No? I wonder why that is.

As more devices get more and more water resistant, the fear of mixing water with electronics will diminish and eventually the only time we'll even think about it is when a freak accident occurs.

Not saying we're there right now since we're obviously not, but the transition has to start sometime, and some people will likely die along the way.

THIS, that's not normal

RIP Madison :c

I think you're expecting a bit much from third world countries

GFCI outlet should have prevented this. GFCIs have been required for wet or "damp" areas for like 40+ years. Sounds like either a very old house, the GFCI failed (not really likely but possible), or the girl used an extension cord to bring in power from another room.

Nigga, everything should be protected. There really is no excuse. You don't need grounded outlets. You just put this shit in your electrical panel.

It doesn't. Read the fucking thread.

This is very bad. The teen did nothing wrong and did not deserve to die a death like this, in the prime of her youth. I hope that other teens learn from this and are more careful around electrical applciances

homo detected

It's wasn't the phone that killed her.
It was the freaking extension cord, duh.

American education: extension cords in the bathroom are perfectly safe but OMG A BATTERY POWERED PHONE? DEADLY!!!!

Lots of people are not reading the article.

>Madison was at her father's house on July 9 when she was fatally electrocuted after touching a frayed extension cord she was using to charge her cell phone.

>While she was in the bath, police said she reached over and touched the frayed extension cord, which had water in it, causing the fatal electric shock.

and from another site
>The cord was plugged into a non-grounded outlet with no circuit-interrupting safety mechanism, according to a report from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission and the Lovington Police Department.

Pic related, had her bathroom been properly wired she would have lived.
>Stupid obama telling me what kind of outlets to have in the washroom!

Amps kill. Not volts. Specifically, between 0.100-0.200 amps. Less hurts, more is blast off.

>taking a bath
Sheesh. Did she still drink from the tit, too?

daily mail is less to the right than huffpaint post is to the left, don't be delusional

Will they even switch fast enough to save you from electrocution when you're in the bath?

Didn't they literally support Adolf Hitler during the 1930's?
Or was that the Telegraph? - I forgot.

>taking baths

Do people actually enjoy dipping in a fecal, piss, and sweat cocktail?

That's exactly what I said. As more and more electronics become water resistant, like smartwatches and phones, the fear of mixing ANY electronics with water will start to subside, resulting in situations like this.

You're breathing that shit in right now

>that pic
This must be some USA exclusive bullshit. Everything in my house is protected with an RCD and the installation is old as fuck. No grounded outlets except in the kitchen.
Similar to this Yes.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Residual-current_device

I think her parents murdered her and this is just the story they're telling the news...

>Nigga, everything should be protected. There really is no excuse.
In America GFCIs are required in any wet/damp area and AFCIs are required in living spaces like bedrooms and living rooms. AFCIs prevent electrical fires caused by arcs which are a more common problem in dry areas especially living spaces. GFCI receptacles are usually used to protect a whole room and AFCI circuit breakers are used to protect whole circuits. I'm not sure if they make combination AFCI+GFCI breakers but I don't believe they do.

>Do you take all your clothes off and walk into a clean room before handling electronic components while wearing rubber gloves and attaching a grounding strap to yourself to minimize ESD? No? I wonder why that is.
To be honest, I don't like handling the more expensive electronics (phone, laptop) while my hands are wet. I let my phone get wet in the rain, maybe, but that's it.

Energy kills.

No it washes down the drain.

GFCI outlet should be in every room?

I guess you could say, the roastie got toastie.

dailymail is a fucking tabloid m8.

There's different classes of them for different purposes but for the most part the receptacle type ones are designed to trip at really fast while the circuit breaker ones are a lot slower. Circuit breakers are used in like swimming pools and jacuzzi pumps and lights and shit like that

They should be suing someone for allowing the installation of non gfci plugs in a bathroom.

they are insulated by the rubber pool

But that's not clapistan, user.

Yep, you can kill someone with only an AA penlight battery, just by cranking the amps up to the max.

You're not going deep enough. The article mentions that the girl was "at her father's house", implying that the father and mother are separated.
I think the father was having an incestruous affair with his teenage daughter, and that's why the parents are separated. The mother, hell bent on revenge, wants to kill her daughter and frame the father somehow, so he goes to prison for the rest of his life. However, the father actually FOUND OUT about these plans before she could execute them. So HE causes his daughter's accident by convincing her to use that extension cord, without telling her it was frayed (the article mentions it is frayed but she didn't know this).
Now the daughter is dead and they're getting huge media attention over this, meaning that the mother can't simply kill him anymore.
Just my 2 Cents.

No reason you can't have both. And there's literally no reason not to have your whole house protected by an RCD, unless you want your death to be somewhat unpredictable. I mean it's so fucking simple. Power comes into the house, power goes through your fucking RCD and then to wherever the fuck it needs to go.

Apparently all of america should be suing whoever the fuck came up with their regulations. NO FUCKING REASON TO NOT HAVE AN RCD THAT PROTECTS YOUR WHOLE HOUSE.

Yes of course.

NEMA specs state that the GFCI must trip within 25ms

DM is a tabloid for low educated, celeb news and brexitfags

>a american
>and extension cord
>not using a usb extention instead
>being so addicted to your phone you cant go 30 minutes without it

this entire article is pure frusteration

It's my fetish, actually.

why is a 15 year old girl taking photos just as she is about to get in the bath?

as a burger her parents will sue the company that manufactured the charger and they will most likely win

Because they're always taking photo's in one steady stream until... well, they die.

Why has no one mentioned what phone it was? Something tells me Apple is paying the family not to disclose it was an iPhone, same with the exploding Beats headphones on a plane some months ago

Not only that but water is a horrible conductor of electricity.
You basically have to put yourself right between the wires to shock yourself.
Well unless someone used the fucking plumbing of the house to ground the electric outlets and she was in a real bath tub with real drain pipes.

it was probably the later, Ive actually seen this done.

or get v& for producing cp.. oh wait, pussy pass. never mind.

it wasn't the charger.
She touched the frayed extension cord and got electrocuted.

The base fault lines with her for using an extension cord that was frayed.
And possibly on whoever wired the house up, since it is possible ( we dont know the details) that the bathroom didn't have a GFCI outlet installed.

>black charger
>apple
its not relevant to the story, but a few sites have reported it was a Samsung phone
If you drunk drive to your death, does it matter what year and trim the car was ?

the phone has nothing to do with a little ditzy bitch dropping an extention cord into a tub and the color of the charger says it was some android device

Because its not the phone that caused the fault but the retard in the bath tub that created it.

That wasn't an American plug, that was a shitty Chinese adapter. 5V@2A DC doesn't kill people.

She didn't drop it into her tub. That would have done just about fucking nothing. She touched the wire while her body was excellently grounded.

I know it's not really relevant, but it's still bad publicity, and I find it suspicious they don't mention it anywhere.

she is still a stupid worthless ditzy little cunt who clearly paid no attention in ac2ience class

Deep

OF COURSH. Moron child raised by moron parents kills herself in a moron way. Excellent news material to wake the sheeple up.

>Samsung Edge Plus
>twitter nigger text

No loss just another cultureless consumerist

Most states require that on bathroom outlets. Chalk this one up to dumb poorfags being retarded.

they should make consumer electronics water proof desu

They're also german, so they're immune to electrocution.

It's beyond retarded not to require it on everything. RCDs have been a requirement on all new house installations since 1975 here.

>This must be some USA exclusive bullshit
They're outlets with built in RCDs, known as GFCI outlets.

Old bathrooms are grandfathered in though.

>They're outlets with built in RCDs, known as GFCI outlets.
Yeah, I can tell. Retarded bullshit.
>Old bathrooms are grandfathered in though.
Again, retarded considering how cheap this shit is to fix. All housing here has to be protected by an RCD. I guess you just value your "freedom" to get electrocuted too much.

>Old bathrooms are grandfathered in though.
Technically yes but if the occupants do any major renovation they have to bring the house up to code, wiring has to be safe, there has to be grounding, GFCIs and AFCIs will be required.

My recommendation is don't buy an old house. The electrical is scary to say the least. Some older houses used like aluminum wire that heated up and caught on fire occasionally. They also sometimes used shitty insulation on the wires that could deteriorate over time and cause arcing which can also cause a fire. Also they don't require grounding, AFCIs and/or GFCIs. Also they might use the older plug type circuit breakers that can get stuck closed and cause them to not work when they're needed.

They were also joking and never actually plugged that shit in.

>using anything at all

Thanks for ruining my chances at getting some easy (you)s.

I was wondering when my bait would show u- THAT ISNT EVNE AMERICAN YOU EUROPKEK

Well if they're renovating the bathroom it's not really an old bathroom anymore

This, bathroom plugs must be gfi in Murcia.