Why are you still using this botnet?

Why are you still using this botnet?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/DataHoarder/comments/6n1pap/soundcloud_may_only_have_50_days_left_save_your/
blog.soundcloud.com
rdbfm.com/music
cdn.sergiocastell.com/Spotify/#github
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm not. Just like everything else with VC funding this decade, it eventually became garbage. I unironically prefer ripping songs off of YouTube now.

people like free beer

it just works

Because shit is still better than diarrhea.

what OP can't afford 10 dollaroos a month?

5 if you're a student

i´m not

What are you paying for? to remove ads?

3.50 if you are a female student

That, higher quality formats, and offline """streaming""". It's mainly to remove the ads though because they make them so fucking loud and annoying specifically so you buy premium.

Does modifying the hosts file to route spotify's ad servers to 127.0.0.1 stop those ads?

Because I bought a summer's worth of premium for $10. Good for car rides.

But yeah, the discovery engine is shit since no one makes their own playlists anymore.

Isnt there some promotion where u get 3 months for like a dollar

>I unironically prefer ripping songs off of YouTube now.

>Recompressing 128kbps MP3s

lmfao kys

Haven't tried this. But I imagine that they have a countermeasure for this. Something like checking for a callback from the server after the ad finishes. (So, by using the hosts file, the ad never plays but the music never continues since it never received the callback.)

i believe there are patches that mute the ads, at least ive seen them pop up when searching AUR for the normal package

Is there an alternative? Spotify + ad blocker = Music for free

>part of a friend's Google play family subscription
>dl whatever I want them rip it with an app and keep it
It's almost too easy

the word you're looking for is reencoding and youtube haven't done mp3 for ages.

YouTube uses AAC at 128kbps even their 4k videos, you degenerate.

When you use those "YouTube Downloader" sites it recompresses again.

The only real way to rip it is to download the mp4, then demux it and take the AAC file out of the stream. In this case, your file will still be 128kbps lmao kys

Even the free version of spotify is 160kbps.

Lmao youtube has been streaming 160kbps opus for years (which is indistinguishable from 320kpbs mp3).

Lmao nice try.

How else are you supposed to discover new music?

Let's say you got he mpd + npcmpp route.

You would have to somehow find out what you want to try next, then find a torrent for it (or whatever p2p you kids use these days), then download it, and to fix the shitty ID3 tags.

Then you find out the quality is shit anyway.

Lmao

>Upload compressed AAC (god knows where the source came from) to YouTube
>Let YouTube compress it to 160kbps Opus or 128kbps AAC
>Recompress back to AAC/MP3 when you download

LMFAO fuck I hate Sup Forums sometimes. You guys are fucking stupid.

Soundcloud

Sup Forums not even kidding

>>Upload compressed AAC
>implications
>implying spotify isn't upsampling 64kbps mp3s
lmao

JUST

>Upload compressed AAC
sounds dumb. youtube takes both raw pcm and flac.
>Let YouTube compress it to 160kbps Opus or 128kbps AAC
random video I checked was 192.
>Recompress back to AAC/MP3 when you download
no one is doing this.

>Sup Forums
literally just peep the fuckin essentials charts, they do not talk about anything else

You have no idea how streaming services work.

>youtube takes both raw pcm and flac.
Hahahahaha good luck with finding original source material that's uploaded that way.

99% uploads are muxed M4V and M4A at 128kbps or some shit.

Also even IF the rare %0.0000001 you find that has been uploaded by FLAC, YT is still compressing that shit, and then when you download you are still compressing it back. Also there's no way to know if the original upload was FLAC or PCM.

KYS.

>and then when you download you are still compressing it back
You do not understand how any of this works, do you?

because i'm not a terrorist

>You don't know what you're talking about
>Doesn't even attempt to explain why
Just keep using YouTube to mp3 downloaders.

Discogs, RYM and Sup Forums occasionally.

Most people use shit like Youtube to MP3 websites and they recompress.

I use 4k Downloader and it dowloads the original from the stream, which is usually 128kbps trash anyway.

No thanks. I'll stick with Apple Music + My FLAC collection.

i have the modded app on my pajeetdroid phone, works fine and blocks ads, also has hq streaming etc

They haven't, been blocking all of their ads through hosts file and I don't even remember how the ads sounded like anymore

It barely got weeb music.

Yes that works

Isn't that shutting down soon?

it is

Any way to archive the whole site?

dunno, but there's a huge thread on plebbit about it

reddit.com/r/DataHoarder/comments/6n1pap/soundcloud_may_only_have_50_days_left_save_your/

0 if your an adblocking nigger

I'm not sure. Prior to getting their 3-months-for-$1 promo, uBlock would block the ad audio from playing, but it would get stuck and never play the next track until I reloaded the page.

I finally decided to give in to the botnet and started using Spotify a month or so ago, since What.CD was taken down months ago, and I don't know where else to conveniently get music from. (Of course, I'd buy it all if I could, but tfw poor college student life)

I was hoping to join another private tracker via WCD's forums, but yeah... Site went down the day I decided to seriously look in to that.

I used to use Demonoid before it was seized. Likewise with KAT. TPB seems sketchy, and doesn't always have the items I want. Barring those options, I've always tried Googling "'index of' album-i-want" to snoop private servers, but again, with mixed results.

Also, Spotify has been decent for discovering new artists, along with Gnoosic.com

I use Pandora via Roku. Nothing else.

Yeah, sometimes.
>Dead easy to download an apk with unlimited skips and no ads
>On phone plan that doesn't count Spotify streaming towards data usage
>Normie friends sometimes send Spotify playlists
>Normie friends don't freak out over my Clip+ when I play music in the car
>Can listen to music I don't have downloaded
>Scrobbles to last.fm
What's not to like?

>but tfw poor college student life
If your time at college isn't preparing you for a six figure income why do it?

>The only real way to rip it is to download the mp4, then demux it and take the AAC file out of the stream. In this case, your file will still be 128kbps lmao kys

No, you just find out which codecs are available with youtube-dl -F and then download the one you're interested in with youtube-dl -f directly.

Fucking normie.

320kbps Ogg Vorbis is pretty good quality, song recommendation algorithm works pretty well for my taste in music. I never have to sync my phone/media player library again. Easily share playlists with friends.

blog.soundcloud.com

Just rumors..

They don't.
I'm using this exploit right now

Holy shit. Your brain has encountered a general failure, right?

>being so helpless

>not patching to apk for free

>How else are you supposed to discover new music?
sad

I downloaded this shit a while ago, never used it, and just today discovered that it's consuming 10% of my battery. Uninstalled it and will never touch this shit again.

Don't ever imply that I've ever wasted my time with this trash again

Because my carrier had a promo to subscribe to premium for $2 about 3yrs ago, then whatever shit contract they had expired and now I'm still paying $2 for premium and aparently it will stay that way forever
Otherwise I would've moved to GPM, since the android app is laggy as fuck and a battery hog, but the offline "streaming" in high quality and syncing between devices at home make it worth it.

Where did I say anything about my degree or what it's preparing me for? That future potential doesn't help me here and now, user. Do you expect future me to send present me monies?

>Spotify

>30 million songs wherever you go; your desktop, laptop, phone, tablet, TV, speaker set and even your car
>shared, collaborative and public playlists
>share songs with your friends at the speed of light
>your entire library is synced across all of your devices
>320kbps Ogg Vorbis
>follow and get updates about new releases from artists and subscribe to artist playlists
>see what your friends are listening to right now (with their consent)

It's brilliant.

It's actually the best solution

imagine valuing your time so little that you'd rather waste hours sorting through Sup Forums shitposts and hunting torrents of specific files than spend $10 per month to let Spotify's godly recommendation engine handle everything

You do realise you're on Sup Forums, home of the Linux elitists who install operating systems that require a shit ton of work for them to even have basic functionality.

read a book idiot

lol retard

>geoblocking

>cause i already own all my music on cd
why waste money on something you won't even be able to own a copy of.
>foobar2000 mobile + opus 48kbps, for the win

>Give Spotify a try by blocking all the ads
>Literally every song i look up doesn't exist in their catalog
I miss Grooveshark

Nah, my free trial ran out and they won't let me keep adding new 30 day trials.

I'm sorry for your hearing loss

Just use the modded app from Xda-developers. Holy shit.

Uh, can anyone tell me how to save radio stations as m3u or pls or whatever fileformat so i can listen to it from Foobar2000?

I'm retarded.
This one for instance:
rdbfm.com/music

It doesn't cover my music. I'm glad that my local library gives me a free account for Naxos music library.

>raimersoft.com/tapinradio.aspx
>for all your streaming radio needs
the only thing you really miss out on with the shareware version, is the ability to manage podcasts

The best music streaming service is Google Play Music because it comes bundled with YouTube Red and you can get GPM + YTR for you and five friends / family for only $15/mo total

You do have five friends, right?

>subscriptions

>not saving all of your music locally as flac

lol poorfag. I bet you steal wifi too.

Is there a way to follow friends without facebook integration? I just got it and wanted to add a buddy of mine 'cause he has good taste and looks for new music frequently, but I couldn't see any option outside of connecting with fb, which I don't want to do.

Hook me up with the apk bro

Here faggot

file. io/fbe9J5

One time download so grab it quick

Shit someone prolly beat me, mega it for me my dude

I like these games, be quick fgt

Same link only /Oly5eE

Are you too fucking broke to pay $15/mo? Hell, I charge each of my friends $5/mo and actually make money off it.

cdn.sergiocastell.com/Spotify/#github

C'mon

This. My friends always complain about Ads because they actually downloaded the desktop app. Meanwhile in the browser I get zero ads because of uBlock.

You can search for their profiles in Spotify the same way you search for music.

>I miss Grooveshark

I don't. It was good for video game music and things, but the library organization was horrible. There were multiple duplicate copies of the same songs from the exact same album (each having a different quality -- you had to hunt for the one with the best quality), malformed metadata (incl. typos), many songs didn't have album art, etc.

If someone messes up the metadata upon upload, there was no way to correct it. You couldn't edit the metadata or file a ticket for the admins to edit it or anything. If the song didn't encode or upload right and you hear a loud noise in the track that shouldn't be there, that was too bad; it was there to stay.

thanks user!

Couldn't this get taken down by a DMCA request?

that was me, I didn't even use it. straight to trash. you're welcome

gotcha, thanks.

This poor bastard lol

I'm curious, what kind of music do you listen to? Pretty much everything I listen to is on Spotify, save for some covers done by bands I'm a fan of.

Propably some unreleased track of an obscure underground sideproject of some semi-famous indonesian knitting soundtrack band.

It has one job and it gets it done.

use EZBlocker on the botnet version