What are the best hair clipper brands?

What are the best hair clipper brands?

>usin propreitary hardware
use open source scissors. it does everything a hair clipper does.

Ones that work. Beyond that, who cares? They are a utility item, not a luxury item.

Those with firmware freedom.

No it does not
Because the shitty ones wear off too quickly, speaking from experience

Not much use in hair clippers but thank you for you input.

bought some braun hair trimmer, been using it for a few years.

even under the shower (using different heads on it) to trim pretty much everywhere.

Super comfy and cost me like 40€

>has opportunity to describe how satisfied he is with a product
>could detail how well it's worked, discuss problems and workarounds, et cetera
>instead he writes "super comfy"
why don't you slip into a super comfy coffin

>details
The only uncomfy part of the trimmer is the cleaning/maintenance part.
You have to put that oil on the blades after every 3-4 uses or else it will get blazing hot.
The cleaning part is where you click open the blade holder area and stick a vacuum head on it so it sucks the hairs out.

only the charger, cleaning brush and oil was included when i bought it.

see now this is a reply user. next time do that on your own instead of using a buzzword.

hey, but this guy isn't the OP just fyi

you could've taken my word for it cause it is super comfy, just get a regular hair trimmer and do maintenance on it (if possible get the waterproof one so you can trim your bush with ease under the shower)

I have a Philips one with a rotating head. The rotating head is a pointless gimmick, so I wouldn't pay extra for it. It's lasted for years with minimal maintenance. I don't think I've even ever bothered to oil it. The battery is definitely degrading now, but I've had it so long that I think that's understandable. I need to make sure to charge it between uses now, but it's still usable.

When shopping for one, just make sure it's waterproof to reduce hassle when cleaning.

I used to have a Remington one, but the battery life was pretty shit on it. Would not recommend.

andis or wahl

my Braun is 20+ years old and never gave me a problem.

got a cordless lithium-ion Wahl clipper because I hate the cord whipping around while I'm trying to buzz my head enough to put up with the fact that the battery WILL die eventually.

It feels pretty solid but was obviously built to a price point, the manual states the charging LED may or may not even turn off when the device is full but as far as hair cutting it went through my super dense hair without bogging down at all.

For my face/pubes/etc I have a cheaper cordless Philips trimmer, its washable and has interchangeable heads and doesn't need to be oiled up before use like the Wahl clippers.

I should add it's important to oil the blades before use, a lot of people forget to do that and it's essentially the only maintenance item these things need.

It's not as important with the smaller/slower RPM face/body trimmer like I mentioned but the big-ass heavy-duty clippers do well with oiling.

Screw you Braun shills, I bought one and it was terrible, didnt cut shit and broke after one month. Then I bought a Remington and it lasted 7 years until a second fall made it unusable. I then went to buy a new one and the Remingtons were out of stock. I decided to give Braun another try and after one week it broke a button by itself. Literally jumped out of place and broke in half.
Fuck you Braun

Asus and Dell

Moser

How should one oil the blades? Just a couple of drops on top of them, then wipe off the excess? Or is there more to it?

This isn't your personal grooming product review board.

a single drop that wicks between the blades suffices.

Cool
I bought a hair clipper some months ago and it doesn't really cut too well, plus it gets stuck in my hair now and then, never oiled it so I'm sure that has something to do with it (other than the fact that it's the cheapest one they had)

>an thread died for this

>linux