Is it just a meme?

Can anyone that owns this chair give me some input

I am about to buy a steelcase gesture..found a local dealer selling them for $400 w/ a full warranty. (usually $1000+)

Not a Meme.
Dont know this model, but i own a Steelcase Please which i bot cheap as a company went in to bankruptcy. Its the best Chair ever, but I doubt I'd pay €650 for.
On the other hand, ihave some shitty Topstar at work which is very uncomfortable.
So if you sit 8h+ plus and can afford it, give it a try.

I think I will give it a try and then try and sell it if I really don't like it. Only $400 so I could even make some money on it

Stop being a jew worshiping consumerist and just buy a cushion or blanket and sit against the wall its just as good on your spine as your little millionaire chair

thank you for the input, i respect your opinion

you better punk back in my day we carved our own chairs from oak trees

>dont be a jew worshipping consumerist
>paid money for a laptop
lol

its a fucking retarded opinion, but everyone has them right

I have a Steelcase Leap and this chair is legitimate. If the Gesture is as good or better I would not hesitate to buy one at near retail.

>..found a local dealer selling them for $400 w/ a full warranty.
fake and gay, what local dealer? I am about to pay $900 for a Steelcase.

probably some warehouse that strips offices of companies that are liquidated or refurbished. that's how i got my leap. it has some scuffs but nothing majorly wrong with it.

not gonna dox myself but they are described as "showroom samples in perfect condition with factory warranty" (which is 12 years!)

He has all black, gray, and the ugly green and blue ones. Even sent multiple pictures through text message

$440. Just debating if I want all black or the lighter gray version

their website is basically a clone of steelcase, but it says "steelcase authorized dealer" so not sure

he's not wrong, only retard here is you brainlet

Steelcase makes good shit, go for it

My Markus is wearing out. I have £3-400 to spend on a new chair, should I just buy a refurbished Aeron?

t. hunchback

I've heard mixed reviews about the aeron, it doesn't look super comfortable. But if you do get one, I'd make sure it is the version with all the options and also double check what size it is (they have size a, b &c)

The only reasons I want this chair is because its 1/2 cost, the arm rests, and a 12 year warranty so I am set for the next decade+

I respect your retarded opinion as well user. Everybody has deficiencies, yours just happens to be intelligence

Speaking of meme chairs, are ALL "gaming" chairs memes? I've got my eye on the Icon which is out soon.

Looks pretty comfy. Do it.

Yes. Don't fall for the meme.

After my last 2 weeks of research I would say 100% meme. The back support is shit they aren't for working at a desk. If you just need something that can recline & is good for fapping, go for it.

I was going to buy a Leap from conservos, $150.

do you think it's worth it

The only thing I dont like about the leap is the seat pan moves as you recline

Question is: What makes the Chair "Gaming".
Mostly its only the looks.
If you are going to sit in an office environment aka at the desk and want to do that anywhere near healthy, use an proper office chair.

That was easy to find
Better buy em before I do

At this price point I don't even know what the fuck are you even waiting for to snag them. This shit costs a thousand bucks, looks comfy as fuck, has amazing reviews and you can get it for less than half the price. What the fuck, dude.

Anyone ever try Officemaster chairs? It's a slightly lower priced premium brand it seems

spending more than $100 on a chair is a meme

Could anyone recommend any budget chairs?

I own that exact chair. Assuming it checks out, buy that shit right away. Only complaint I have is that it isn't the best for tall people, but it has made 10 hour days at my desk so much better. Invest in the shit you live in, particularly things that touch your back.

Oh shit you're in Providence. What's up man? I bought from the same people. No complaints.

Are arm rests a meme? They always get in the way and bump against the desk

Not in providence but near it, yes.

Funny I was about to buy one of those. Could find ZERO reviews on them. If you buy one lmk

I am meeting with him soon to get one. He's bringing the black and gray ones so I can choose from them

How tall are you? I am almost 6ft so from I've seen/read I should be good

Watch out how this meeting is gonna go. You don't want to end up with a knife to your throat. A dick to the boipussi is fine tho.

Most Steelcase arm rests are adjustable.

Dont worry about me, worry about him. I already looked him up and gave 3 people close to me his information if anything were to happen to me

What happens after you get stabbed doesn't mean shit when you're 7 feet under.

Everyone dies buckaroo

Doesn't mean you should rush to your death. Meet the guy in a crowded place. That's all there is to it.

Thats the plan, public crowded place
Thanks for the concern user

I'm 6'1 and I do feel like it could be a little more supportive for my upper back area. Very nice chair though.

They can go literally anywhere with the Steelcase Gesture, so less of one. I like them.

Should be good then. Dude just gets them directly from the store they have I'm pretty sure. It's not a high foot traffic store either and while you could just go in and buy something, they sell more to businesses, so low foot traffic. Mine looked literally new, still had tags on it even.

>ound a local dealer selling them for $400 w/ a full warranty. (usually $1000+)
At that price I would buy two.

I've been seriously considering it, I could bring one into my work office and keep it wherever I go. or sell it and have it pay for my other one

No but, I think its funny how I only had to post about this chair once about 3 months ago and sweaty neckbeards won't stfu about it. Before I posted it was all about race car chairs. Pleb af

It's not that good of a deal. You're paying a markup because you're buying from a dealer. Aerons and Steelcases go for 200-250 burgers on Craigslist all the time. There's no warranty, but the only thing that wears out is the piston and it's easy to replace.

>I posted about a world famous chair by a world famous meme brand that even half of reddit knows about
>I started it
>ME
>IT WAS ME
>I MADE STEELCASE, ONE OF THE NUMBER ONE COMMERCIAL CHAIR SUPPLIERS IN THE US FAMOUS
>BOW DOWN YOU FUCKING PEASANTS AND WORSHIP ME FOR I BRING THE WORD OF GOD

Can someone recommend me a good chair under about $100-150?
I am currently on a wooden kitchen chair and I want to die.

kek

there are no good chairs for that much money to be honest

>meme brand
Go down to your local antique shop sometime, frogposter.

>there are no good chairs for that much money to be honest
T-t-there's some tatikkkool "gamer" chairs on newegg for $90, you mean those aren't greAt :^^^^))

How much would it cost to get something decent, or good?
Keep in mind I'm on literal wood currently

A used Aeron can be had for 200 USD on Craigslist if you look for a few weeks. They'll hold up for a decade and they're comfy.

Try $200 and you can get some decent chairs like those tempurpedic chairs at s taples. Not sure how long they'll last though. Then again I've been using the piece of crap I have now for like 5 years even though it's literally coming apart at the seams and foam is spilling from it

look on craigslist

Do y'all have any experience with meme "gaming" chairs or cheape--
Actually just found some shit place near me that might have some.

Are HON chairs any good? They have some of those for $200~ with no arms, $300 with arms, and allegedly they're compatible.
Apparently they frequently get them in used for $100-150 though, so if they're good I could wait for one.

Are arms essential in your opinions?

Not true at all. That's a fantastic deal for a Gesture. Wouldn't be for a Leap or an Aeron, but you can't find a Gesture that cheap anywhere.

You can't even really find used Gestures in the used market too often, even.

I'm finding Hon chairs on Amazon for 100-150 new. They just look like generic mesh chairs.

Arms are essential if you sent more than an hour at your desk regularly. A good office chair is a great investment if you're spending any serious amount of time at your desk. I'd spend an extra $50 and get a used Aeron or Leap.

That's because Gestures are a meme that have no lumbar controls unlike chairs that are $200-300 cheaper

what chair has lumbar controls that is better than a gesture for $100-200?

It's summer. Buy a granny chair.

How are these disgusting things?
I remember these from my dads office when I was a kid and about 6, and I fucking hated them, but that's probably because I was too small for them.
$100 Herman one (as well as a HON that looks identical short of a curved arm) near me.

The mesh (Aeron's) seem to be out short of $400 ones, so all I'd be able to do is hope and wait.
Is this legit or shit?

>not using an exercise ball

Aren't you worried about bedbugs or lice and shit? Used furniture sounds like a big hazard

It's The Wirecutter's top pick, which is the first result if you google "best office chair"
I really don't think you had anything to do with it m8

So here's the deal with expensive office chairs from Steelcase and the like. What you are actually paying that money for IS THE WARRANTY.

My current chair (not a Steelcase) has a 5 year warranty on the fabric alone, with the mechanics warrantied for 12 years. If in 11 years any part of the mechanics decides to shit the bed, I can still get it fixed or replaced.

The fabric may wear down after 5 years, but it will still be cheaper to reupholster it than buying a "gaming" chair.

Before I got a "fancy" desk chair I spent way too much money on crappy chairs that wore out or broke in like 2-3 years. Using 1 chair for 10+ years makes much more sense economically.

i want a comfy chair but i have a long neck so i need one with a high back so i can rest my head from time to time

all these and even the aeron doesnt have a back high enough for me to rest my head except for the embody but its so fucking god damn expensive i can never justify the price tag because i am a neet as well but fuck me i want a nice chair so i stop ruining my fucking back

Both the Gesture and Leap have factory headrest options

just get a sofa off of the street and use that as a gaming chair, its even free

Not relevant though, that's still a great deal for the chair based on the price they go for.

Opinions as to if it's worth it or not based on that is a different discussion.

The Embody is actually shorter than it looks, probably wouldn't be tall enough.

You can get after market headrests for the Aeron, not for the Leap or Gesture though. Need to buy those with the headrest already and they're expensive. Might be able to find a deal on one like OP though, never know.

>what makes a chair "gaming"
Odor absorbing seat cushions.

>Funny I was about to buy one of those. Could find ZERO reviews on them. If you buy one lmk
Same here. Some of them look nice but hell I can barely even find info from the damn makers. Linus Shill Tips did a video on the OM5, which looks nice, and the chairs have a lot of customization options but they have no presence as a brand.

Think those guys in Rhode Island will ship a Gesture to NJ?

i have the steelcase leap and feel like it's a meme. but maybe my back is just fucked up. it's nicer than my ikea markus (which is definitely a meme), but i don't know if it's 4-5x nicer. it certainly is adjustable though i feel the limited lumbar curve adjustment doesn't help at all (again, it could just be my back).

Why would anyone want to absorb the odors?

Well, if you're like me and you're lactose intolerant, but you're also like me and you're really fat, and you can't help but eat a pint of ice cream every night, you need something that will catch those gas bombs before they get out and annoy my parents. The only downside is that when anybody else sits in my chair, the air that gets pressed out smells like hot garbage and death, but I kinda got used to it so it's okay by me.

I got an embody chair today and it's the comfiest chair I have ever sat in and I've went through them all, ikea chairs, gaming racer chairs, aerons in various sizes etc. The seat on this chair is incredible it's like a butt hammock

>lactose intolerant

Hello, my melanin-rich brotha.