Post Ridiculous Technology

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_Cp-BGQfpHQ
youtube.com/watch?v=hlVmppyflS0
youtube.com/watch?v=T-9r457Lz3w
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microwave_oven#Principles
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yeah, women are ridiculous.

>please connect me to your wifi so I can squeeze this pack you can also squeeze by hand

>Kuvée: The internet-enabled smart wine bottle

this has to be a joke, what the fuck is the point

>The Kuvée bottle has been funded on crowdfunding site IndieGoGo, and looks set to become a reality. The bottle costs $179 (£125), and users need to buy special wine cartridges to stick in the bottom when they want a drink.

>Hook the bottle up to your WiFi and you can order new wine through the screen, although if you've got the bottle you already own a smartphone or laptop which can do the same thing. And since it runs on a battery, you'll have to recharge it every few hours.

>The real product at the heart of Kuvée is the aluminium bottles which slot in the bottom - they don't let any light in, reducing the risk of the wine spoiling over time, and a simple valve covered by a screw-top cap apparently prevents too much air reaching the drink.

>Wifi enabled dispenser for your wine
And of course it uses its own proprietary bottle design under the guise of it being a good thing for the end user.

Thanks Juicero.

>botnet wine
just fuck my whole life up

Anyone old enough to remember this gem?

AvE did two videos around the Juicero. 's Got some fine parts in it if you wanna give them an actual purpose.

youtube.com/watch?v=_Cp-BGQfpHQ
youtube.com/watch?v=hlVmppyflS0

>Unboxing

I already love this

I actually saw a pair on Shopgoodwill not long ago. Who the hell donates a pair of Google Glasses to a Goodwill?

Just proves my point that Apple > Google. Just wait until Apple make a search engine then i'll be happy. Apple rarely made bad decision, that's all.

AvE is top tier YouTuber. Doesn't mince his words, just does cool shit because he wants to put it out there.

With juice you lose.

>INTERNET OF THINGS

How many new 0days can we find today Sanic?

This. Just eat the fruits directly, unprocessed, if you really care about health and not just healthy looking ""lifestyle""

When "Juicing" was still a thing, 4 years ago, people believed that it was a fast and efficient way of absorbing large quantity of nutrients and enzimes.

But people later found out that if you discart and don't eat the pulps/fibers, you absorb too much shugar too fast and it's really bad for you. The general consensus now is to just eat the whole gruit, as per the last 5 million years.

That juice press came too late to be relevant since the juicing fad is now dead and known to be literally bad for you.

what the fuck is his problem?

About 653, my dude!

oh, he's a leaf. nevermind.

Only in a sick, degenerate, Jewified society is something this morally abhorrent possible

If I wanted the Jews to know how much I drink I'd use facebook

>Kuvée
this is the most stupid piece of shit tech that I've seen this year. Looks like a fucking scam.

>Apple rarely made bad decision
nice b8 m8 masterb8

Apple had a slew of failures in the 90s before the iMac came around and saved their shit.

>DRM whine

fify, that juicer is the same bullshit too.

>newton
>failure
devices were a commercial failure, most of the tech and ideas behind them grew into the macos and ios we all know and love (to hate)

AvE is good leaf

juices and smoothies and shit are still huge but not sold as some miracle diet anymore

now it's all about throwing your entire veggie patch into the vitamix with a banana or whatever to make it not taste like you're drinking liquid compost

considering that was never a product, no, i don't remember it

Thing with the Juicero is the business model wasn't in selling juicers, but in a food subscription service. The hardware component however was way over engineered. Don't know offhand if they were trying to make money off the device too versus taking a loss hoping to make up for it in subscriptions.

Without Jobs, i disagree.

You mean the best engineered juice machine ever?
If I Had cash to blow, I'd totally but that.
Everything about it is engineered perfectly

just eat a salad what the fuck is wrong with these people

Because a salad to the kind of person who gets Jamba Juice is drenched in either a fatty or sugary dressing.

Leaf and apparently having a PhD so he's probably autistic as fuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=T-9r457Lz3w

didn't i see something like this on Shark Tank?

what is Apple Music

I loved how butthurt people would get around those. If I had one I'd wear it everywhere.

>all that wasted tax-payer money

I'm willing to bet those cost a shitload of money

Clearly had no childhood.

Do you even watch the movie ? Jobs hated it.

It's not a bad decision. People use it. They're not winning but they're not losing, if you know what i mean. When apple invents something, it's always something that actually helps us. When Google or Microsoft make something, it's something only to impress us. You know, gimmicks.

Eat up Martha.

>greentards jizz all over chinkmade panels which manufacturing is really fucking poisonous.
>They chimp out at the slightest mention of Nuclear Energy even though it is way better for the environment and way cheaper

Not to mention those are grossly ineffiecient when you consider various factors (wear and tear, the angle they're on, dc transmission losses etc)

>LA installs solar panel roads
>they generate no power because LA traffic blocks the sun

>light drizzle in the morning
>everyone fucking dies trying to get to work

Don't worry, they're heated to melt ice.

Nevermind the fact that they'd require far more power than they can generate to actually melt ice

Apple actually made cool and nifty shit back in the 90s. They stopped in the early 2000s and jobs played it safe.

The iPhone and iPod were the last nifty pet projects Apple did, and they completely cut their server/performance line. They never innovated again though, but same can be said for IBM, Microsoft, everyone really.

>50 dollar device being sold for $700
Yes they were. When your juice packets are 6 dollars a pop, you gotta make your money upfront. Maybe make them feel invested since they spent 700 already, whats another 30 dollars a week?

No idea why they made a presser so complicated on the inside though.

This is the true IoT

820 views on their youtube video!!

go raid this crap!!

I think you or perhaps other people are making a bit too much fuzz about this "juicing" thing.

I've always squeezed juice from time to time since I was a child, just like I usually pick apples and eat them in the fall.

Why anyone would need "technology" to do it is beyond me, though. I've always used a simple glass thingy and I still do, just like my parents did. It's not like making a glass of juice yourself when you feel like it hasn't been a thing since forever.

>>They chimp out at the slightest mention of Nuclear Energy

I fear the state of this technology so much, it really is something that scares me deeply.

We have three big nuclear power plants that account for 40% of our countries electricity.

These were built between 1980 and 1985. You may or may not be aware of this but there has been quite a few advances in various technologies since the early 1980s.

We can't build newer and safer nuclear power-plants because bu-hu nuclear power is bad'mkay and we must be politically correct and be against it and protest it.

But we also can't just easily replace 40% of our powersupply - so we keep using these nearly 40 year old reactors. The result of this stupidity and double of the Swedish government will be some kind of major disaster. It just baffles me that they can't admit and accept reality and build newer and better nuclear plants.

Apple's decision in smartphones hurt the entire industry,

Not to go full conspiritard here, but the opposition to nuclear power is 100% funded by the oil/natural gas companies, because a single nuclear plant could shut down dozens of their facilities
>"But why would they give money to people who also oppose oil/natural gas?"
Because solar/wind/hydro are no where near as big of a threat to them as nuclear is
A single wind farm or solar array could replace a single or so natural gas power plant, as opposed to a nuclear one replacing dozens
My area has a nuclear power plant generate this areas power, yet there is no opposition to the plant.
Why? Because the natural gas companies have already lost their presence in the area
Once the country has gone full nuclear, you won't see opposition anymore
Not because people realized there was nothing to fear, but because the people funding the opposition are out of business

SnatchChat has one too

b-but it's fashionable

>requires iTunes that mainly throws unknown errors at you or freezes when you need it the most

>costs 2-4X the price of an Android smartphone while somehow having worse specs

>toddler mobile OS so restrictive people need to hack it for basic android functionality

I have to say, switching over from a galaxy S3 to a 64GB iPhone 6S is one of the worst mistakes I've made to date. The only good thing about all this is I finally switched carriers.

They require more power to light the leds up than they can generate. Some cuck city decided to give them money to test it in a sidewalk. It was (still is) a big fucking failure. There is a guy who covered it on youtube, search for "solar freaking roadways".

Jesus get a life

I was actually interested in these IF THEY WORKED. I'd line my driveway with them for sure.

>These were built between 1980 and 1985.

If you're in the US, it would actually be more like 1960 to 1970.

>stupidity and double of the Swedish government

Oh, ok. Well if it's any consolation, the US with its older reactors hasn't had a major incident since Three Mile Island.

+1 respect

THERE'S ANOTHER WAY?!?

putting solar panels on your roof would be better in every way

>Some cuck city decided to give them money to test it in a sidewalk
Honestly they've managed to get so much money out of the thing, from crowdsourcing to government grants.
Just some dude and his wife swindled millions from a stupid idea, just like that.

Jeez. why can't you use your phone like a normal phone?

Tell me how is it makers listed maintenance as a negative for normal roads. How would you imagine a fucking electronic device didn't need maintenance if you drive trucks on it?

Fun prank you can do at home with one of these, replace the juice pack with a dressed up colostomy bag.

>jeez, why do you expect $700 smartphone to have more features than a $10 dumbphone?

Did not hear about the touch disease civil lawsuit? All iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus iPhones are getting it.

How is getting multiple civil lawsuits "not losing"?

Everyone in my family is now afraid to get an iPhone because of touch disease.

Because I paid hundreds for it your dumb fucking cunt. If all I wanted to do was call people I'd get $20 flip phone.

>no wiif in my car
the dream is dead

why don't I just burn my money so the government can't drown it

who need that dumb shit when we have coal?
#MAGA

Do you consider usb onahole warmers a stupid technology? I mean you can just microwave them.

Yeah, I hope they will release their own version of google maps.

Warmers have built in thermostats to stop the onahole from getting too hot. Microwaves can melt your precious waifu hole

Greenfag here. I'm 100% cool with nuclear.

Watch these videos

Glad to know i'm not the only one who thinks this. I live in Ontario so energy comes up a lot in political conversations, but when I bring up nuclear with anyone they look at me as if I want to nuke Japan again.

That's like saying no need for hair dryers, just stick your head in the microwave for 30 seconds.

You can't just heat anything in a microwave you know

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microwave_oven#Principles

As opposed tho you're head, it works with plastic stuff.

I personally don't use google maps since the stupid piece of shit always sends me to a toll road regardless of the options I check. So Apple maps it is for me.

I'm building a ridiculous tech...
A luxury smart mirror
Very niche market, but it'll make me some good shekels. so whatever

It would work with your head too.

>plastic stuff
You say that like there's only one type of "plastic stuff".

Also, did you even read the linked article? Most plastics outright melt.

They 'could' be used to power the street lights. It's a lot of surface area.

I think we need to fund things that are outside of market. Of course they are not going to go well at first. You'll see just as much laughable failure in industry r&d. But we still need to look into alternative sources that may not be big money interests for current players.

Nuclear may be the best things we have now but it will always be if we don't research other methods.

I hope you all had a nice naysaying bonding wank.

Fidget spinners was only the beginning.