If vlc is so bad then why does everyone use it?

if vlc is so bad then why does everyone use it?

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=166689&page=158
cccp-project.net/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

FCA is pretty shit but you still see 200s everywhere

Baby duck syndrome

Because it got a lot of traction back in XP when Windows media player couldn't handle all the dodgy xvid rips people threw at it.

Don't forget to install k-lite codec pack ;)

>mpc-hc is officially dead
>mpv has poor picture quality
>vlc is bloated garbage
>mpc-be is hosted on soulforge
>wmp

Guess it's mpc-hc still for me

back in the xp pre sp1 days I spent like an entire afternoon as a total noob trying to find something that would play a .svcd file. absolutely nothing but VLC worked, I just used it from then on.

if yify is so bad then why does everyone use it?

>not using mpc-hc

MPC-HC developers abandoned that shit, they literally use MPV now

mpv has inferior picture quality to mpc-hc

also no madvr

people don't know any better

mpc-hc is shit without madVR

because when all else fails vlc will work, its the reason I have it installed right now but dont use it, its just a fringe case thing I use when nothing else will work.

Because like many cheaper and/or inferior products, it's works well enough. If it glitches a few frames out of hours of playback, bfd. There's even a chance I might not be staring at the screen at that one moment.

Why isnt there a videophile thread for this shit now? Also how does mpv have poor picture quality can someone explain. I have a blu ray rip of interstellar and it looks beautiful.

>not using wmp

Look up mpv opengl-hq

Maybe for the same reason I do: I don't know better and it's been good enough for me not to care.

It doesn't unless your computer is total shit, then it defaults to lower quality profiles. I think someone made some screenshots comparing the two with the base profile on mpv compared to madvr with all the fancy filters on and tricked a bunch of Sup Forumstards into thinking its shit.

I use VLC on my tablet

I love the volume/brightness controls on screen by swiping up and down the left and right sides of the screen respectively.

I love people cry about "inferior picture quality when it comes to media players. Well guess what faggots, nothing will look good on your shitty 1366*768 TN screens.

normies find it easy because it plays everything

Sad!

>tablet
>has to hide the fact that he uses an iShit device
If you were on Android you would be using MX

forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=166689&page=158

> There are developments behind the scene (several folks contacted X about helping out).

MPC-HC isn't dead

mpvshills BTFO
B
T
F
O

Because it's 1-click player for people who don't know better.
MPC-HC is objectively superior, both in features and playback, mpv is also superior to VLC from any point of view.
VLC doesn't show full mediainfo of the files you play, it doesn't have settings to change decoder, it doesn't support filters of any kind, the playlist has limited features.
There's literally one feature that VLC can brag about: the repeat button.

>god please someone help me! without this useless, deprecated piece of software madvr has no reason to exist!
>i know! i'll talk about "behind the scenes" stuff, make it seem like the project is getting picked up
>maybe this'll attract suckers willing to help me keep the host for my parasite alive

It isn't going to work, but it's sure as fuck going to be hilarious to watch them try.

1/10 made me reply.

vlc is not bad, but mplayer/mpv are better

>everyone

mpc-hc is the best media player for windows.

mpvfags are worse than archfags

with VLC I couldnt watch HD on my old laptop without it overheating, switched to PotPlayer and it worked like a charm. Haven't tried the most recent version so I cannot speak for it.

I was with you.

Then I realized that there was no difference in quality and mpv was much more portable.

Exactly. Everyone. Autistic vir/g/ins doesn't count.

Couldn't watch any HD evangelion Rebirth
The entire thing lagged and wouldn't show much ll picture outside three frames a second and those were pretty potatoe quality

>everyone
>except those people
>so not everyone

Not being on a mac and use the real best player IINA.

Must be awful, u bunch of poorsers.

yify, clover and utorrent are only underrated on Sup Forums

IINA is just an mpv skin

looks like Sup Forums has a new project

Because it plays whatever you drop on it. Some people use it for its intended purpose for streaming video.

The best player with the best skin. Enjoy your command lines fag

>recommending not foss alternative
use that jew shit yourself

Can VLC play x265 correctly yet?

>if vlc is so bad
it's not
simple as that

cuz they can't click "download" on cccp-project.net/ page

Because it's not actually bad, it's just a Sup Forums meme.

Normies use VLC, real men with chest-hair use MPV

oh no

I can't be bothered to download anything else, I mostly stream so its not that important