Who here runs this shit?

Who here runs this shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Wind4/vlmcsd]
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

legendary thread

I do

Me, as soon as you can get Adobe CC Suite and CAD on Linux maybe I'll considerate

>Using Windows 10 when other versions of Windows exist

I have to, but only at work, thank God

Why would you use an outdated version of windows?

8.1 boiiiiiiiii

I've ever only used windows

I do and it's by far the best desktop OS

>Me, as soon as you can get Adobe CC Suite and CAD on Linux maybe I'll considerate

I have been posting this for to long. What do you study/work user?

both 7 and 8.1 are still being maintained, idiot

>home
>not pro

>pro
>not enterprise

>enterprise
>not interdimensional

>interdimensional
>not superpanuniversal

I want to, but I read too much info regarding data mining to comfortably switch back.

in dual boot for .NET
fuck me

I love Windows 10.
The regular updates keep nuking our customers machines, which keeps me employed.

I do. A version of it with all the bullshit cut and no autoupdate.
It's comfy as fuck and the best Windows ever.

When they stop being mantained, I'll just start using Linux.

not me

Me .
And I'm in the a little village for the holidays with a 140 Kio/s internet.
This fucker keep trying to update or to do weird stuff sucking all the internet connexion whithout asking

No one, it's only trolls that try to make people think they use windows

>AMDshit
Found your problem.

>amd

>for windows blue

Why would you use the least stable Windows since ME?

Please show mercy on a poor pale nub, but are there Microshills on this board. I come here from Sup Forums and can always smell the shill. But I come here to have some comfy chat and everytime Linux is mentioned it seems a bunch of Microdorks come and shit up the thread. Its almost like they don't want the knowledge of Linux being shared and try to derail any meaningful conversation. Also shit threads like this one. Am I right?

(((you))) have to go back

Me, pro-tip I'm not paranoid +if you guys are elite hackers or some shit you should know every os has flaws feds can exploit.

I use an old ass PC with a 2013 amd processor it works fine for vidya. It does it's updates and shit but I'm too normie to learn about Linux stuff

>what is: macOS?

Why would you use the least stable / most botnet version of Windows just because the version number is higher?

I do, but only recently. When it first came out I hated it but the updates seem to have fixed a lot of the problems.

Everything runs pretty smooth, software works, graphics are nice. I'm glad I upgraded from Windows 7.

Have you ever used Linux?

>I'm glad I upgraded from Windows 7
See what I mean?

>enterprise
>not educational

I do, for predictability. I might not like how it behaves but at least I know how it's going to. I had too many issues with that when using Linux. Even simple questions like "Will I be able to connect to this WiFi network?" were unnecessary mysteries. My needs are few so I'm uninterested in being let down.

Well done.

Fuck off and die, linux shill. I was the last one in my office to upgrade and I was very stubborn about it.

That and I don't have to deal with WINE to open a word document.

Aw, you're cute (´・ω・`)

>Implying I'm not shitposting from my comfy nUbuntu right now
Yeh sure I love Win 10 too.

Well I was fine using LO for my own stuff. But yeah, the predictability problem would come when I had to open a file from someone else. I'd end up using Word/Excel Online just to be sure I was seeing what I was meant to be seeing and not breaking anything by saving changes.

Fine don't believe me, but I'm enjoying it. Except I hate Edge so I still use firefox and chrome but even they look different than the 7 desktop versions. Skype looks and runs better too.

Why hate Edge? It's basically equivalent to any other web browser these days.

The days of IE being bad are long gone.

Man, I upgraded to WS2016 last week from 2008R2 and I had to fucking use group policy changes to prevent 216 from fucking restarting for updates in the middle of the night.

What kind of fucking company makes the default behavior of their SERVER OPERATING SYSTEM to reboot whenever the fuck it feels like it? It's not even during a set time. It's "during non-active hours" which is whenever the fuck it decides to.

Not that user but Edge is really weird with embedded media. I think they're behind on codec support.

>enjoying being spied on
I'm sure you also enjoy watching Jamal bang your wife.

For one, you can't drag the favicon into the bookmarks toolbar, you have to do a bunch of other shit.
I just don't like how it responds or looks, and there is no option to reset the browser to default in case it fucks up.

>tfw native flac support and a few updated drivers are making me consider W10
>remember cortana
>zero privacy
>bullshit updates
>still consider

Should I just say fuck it and switch from 8.1 Pro to 10 Edu? I have this weird Stockholm syndrome and craving for shit after having my ass drilled by Gates and Co. for years. I know 10 is fucking horrible and the big updates fuck up your configurations and it installs updates on it's own (and reboots on it's own) and that it's just shit in all aspects.

And those who say "Linux desktop", just don't.

The settings are confusing and cumbersome to use and the icons don't make sense.
Pic related. Literally what the fuck?

I personally wouldn't see why you would. Can't speak to your weird subconscious issues however.

2 shekels have been deposited into your google account

It was made by Microsoft and shipped with the OS. Also why call it Edge? Are they trying to be edgy? Why not just call it Internet Explorer. Even if you didn't like or ever use it at least it had a decent, proper functional name. Not like Edge. Also I couldn't find the NoScript, Adblocker, and Ghostery plugins for Edge. How do block ads in Edge because it runs them really well. You have never seen such giant, flawlessy smooth running ads as you have seen on Edge, this at least I promise you. Noisy too. You know they have ads running in HD these days. I spent so long blocking ads I forgot they exist so running Edge is a totally new experience, I will give it that much at least.
Plus you just know that it is sending all your history and shitpost back to Microshaft HQ so they can use the data to produce a custom dildo with which to fuck you. Windows 10 creeps out of your computer late at night, sneaks up the stairs and spys on you while you are fucking your Missus and that is a FACT that you cannot prove wrong.

>Also why call it Edge? Are they trying to be edgy? Why not just call it Internet Explorer.
They're trying to distance it from IE because of IE's notoriety for being a shitty browser.

I don't really blame them.

I mean there's really no viable, logical reason. 8.1 is still supported, has less shit in it (although they've been hamfisting some W10 style shit into both 7 and 8.1 AFAIK, like lumped up rollup updates), has good support for stuff and won't make your programs disappear because of "compatibility issues". But it's not like Windows systems ain't shit across the board.
I still got a craving to have some more M$ dick in me. Fucking jews.

Thanks, Jesus.

i just upgraded to windows 10
how do i stop it from using half my ram when i have nothing open

2013...old.

Fucking children get off of Sup Forums.

ikr. I must be a fucking relic with my 2500K.

what a cute pic shirtless with the lads :)

take out half your ram

Here
Best Windows ever
>inb4 shill
It's a vm running on a Debian host

Well, IE is a shitty browser. And so is Edge.
When I first booted up Win10 and saw that black screen with white text that read:
>Hi
>We're glad you are here*
I knew I was facing a force of pure evil.
And when I booted up edge to find the link to Firefox, saw its sleek lines and beautifully proportioned buttons, and saw how quickly and flawlessly it ran the ads, I knew Satan had put a lot of time into this. Shame He didn't put the same time and effort into the power management, then I realise... maybe He did.
*Why does it do this? it is just plain creepy. This would have been a perfect opportunity to drop a few hotkeys and maybe tell people about the Win+x hotkey where you hid the control panel. But no. Satan wants you to struggle.

Reinstall it, stop all services and never use any applications.

It's using RAM at idle to anticipate the things you might want to do and have elements of them loaded into memory. That even includes prettying up the UI. The only way to stop that from happening is to disable everything so that your RAM can just sit idle and unused.

I know it seems like it's taking too much but I use a netbook with 2GB RAM and I don't run out unless I really try. The amount that Windows is eating scales back as applications in the foreground demand more resources.

>what is CAD?
Also, faggotry OS, you should kill yourself for even thinking about it

For now.
>sinister music

Old, not outdated. 7 performs as well or better than 10 and has a tolerable interface (including Gadgets)

My 2016 ltsb trial just ran out, where do i go from here.

Thinking of just getting Enterprise for my pc, dont feel like uninstalling and backing up all my shit again. Also where would i get the cheapest key for Enterprise

im running win10 pro just fine since the free upgrade.

I don't see the big deal.

I do, and you cant stop me.

I don't (:

>>what is CAD?
You can't run your CAD software on Win7 or macOS?

>Also, faggotry OS, you should kill yourself for even thinking about it
>UNIX
>faggotry
Fuck off with your meme shit. macOS (i.e. NeXTSTEP) was always better than pozzed Windows. And it always will be.

I do
i haven't had a single issue with it and i'm not spooked by
>muh NSA

Faggotry OS meaning that it's fucking useless, as the actual meaning of use

Plz help

I do.

Delete or deactivate all the spying features and it's a pretty nice OS to use.

Judging by the speccy threads vs screenfetch threads. About 75% of Sup Forums uses 10 and isn't poor

I do, but only for games. As the spans between gameplay grow to weeks, I find myself hating Windows more and more because the updates are soooo fucking painful when they pile up.

this

pajeets and normies and gaymen

Maybe he or she left the computer on and it conveniently auto-updated the computer?

If he or she didn't inspect every one of the bits of fine print associated with what normal people think are mere updates, this can happen.

>everything is exactly the same
OK CIA...

You are correct, but the shills also come from Dell, HP, and Lenovo as well as the actual CIA.

It's pretty obvious which are which.

I'm actually backing up my arch partition to install Win10 again.

Wish me luck user.

me

LTSB Mustard race

Still a piece of shit

>cia can only monitor windows

Okay so since I am here anyway, I was looking for a second opinion.

I do not know too much about computers as in quality but I saw this one on Amazon for $349.99.

Could someone give a second opinion? By the way its "Acer Aspire Desktop, 7th Gen Intel Core i3-7100, 8GB DDR4, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 Home"

Don't be a fucking pleb. If you're going to run Windows 10-family, fucking install Windows Server 2016 Datacenter Edition! Use vlmcsd's [GitHub: github.com/Wind4/vlmcsd] floppy image booted in a virtual machine as your KMS server to activate against.
Windows Client is the cucked edition. It's purposefully cucked, so you have to buy the (((unlocked))) [server] editions. Be sure to install RDS role so you can arbitrarily log in remotely without kicking other users off.

Reminder that the only truly spying-free edition of 10 is available only for chinese.

Is this addressed towards this?

I cannot handle how unstable it is.

8.1 provides all that you would ever need from Windows, except for some games which are garbage, and maybe emulators.

>Windows 7
>not Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter
Fucking gas yourself homo

Dude, just buy a 1U or 2U server brah, with Xeon CPUs. Also, be sure to stick Windows Server 2016 on it.

I do. Its decent I guess.