/w4v/ - Daily Wait for Vega Thread - On Tour In Budapest TODAY

Hi all,

This is where we wait for the latest AMD graphics card which AMD will surely release in a timely manner and will definitely blow all of our minds, no questions asked, 100% guaranteed, no chance it'll fail, just you wait.

Last time: RX Vega makes its first of three appearances TODAY in Budapest at Akvárium Klub. Tickets are sold out: eventbrite.ca/e/rx-gamer-talalkozo-budapesten-tickets-36122124246
If you're in Budapest, go take some videos and leak them here, then leak them to VideoCardz so they can then be leaked here too.

Next stop is PDXLAN in Portland from July 21st to the 23rd.

The latest:
gamersnexus.net/guides/2990-vega-frontier-edition-undervolt-benchmarks-improve-performance
twitter.com/RadeonPro/status/886357116889559040
pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/AMD-Radeon-Vega-Frontier-Edition-16GB-Liquid-Cooled-Review
gamersnexus.net/guides/2988-vega-fe-watercooled-tear-down-and-internals
videocardz.com/70895/amd-radeon-rx-vega-is-going-on-a-tour
videocardz.com/70928/amd-radeon-vega-frontier-liquid-edition-is-now-available

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ybF7r4rogHc&t
forums.anandtech.com/threads/vega-navi-rumors-updated.2486940/page-187#post-38989113
reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/6o0kku/vega_equals_or_is_close_to_gtx_1080_performance/dkdlntu/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Who's in for Budapest?

budapest is tickets thing, NDA confirmed
damn.
estimate for leaks this evening?

>NDA confirmed
Sauce? It'd be some bullshit if they made people sign NDAs. I'm not sure it'd fly at PDXLAN.

assumed that because it's not open doors(even though tickets are free)

The only reason they probably set it up is to keep track of capacity and nothing more. They've also done registrations for past Capsaicin events and those didn't have NDA funny business (unless you're The Media).

The event started. Is there someone doing a livestream or liveblog?

is anyone here NOT expecting
>no fps counter or fps cap
>hidden settings

vegavan makes zero sense then, they'd simply launch it at siggraph and be done with it

except they need to do something to try stall people from going nvidia.

Case A: It costs $400 and performs like a 1080ti

Case B: It costs $800 and performs like a Titan Xp

Any indication if it's the cut down or full version of Vega?

I think that they're talking about monitors.

they increased g-sync cost? it was $200 before

>try stall people from going nvidia.
anyone who wanted to do so already did.

It could be both, Vega has similar performance for $100 less and also the monitor cost $200 less.
Having to drag the monitor into the price/performance argument would be pretty weak though.

>similar performance for $100
kind of a big deal

Classic AMD. Nothing but lies and bullshit.

AMD won't show framerates until it's ready for release

if they do people are going to go "wow it's too low I'm getting a 1080 Ti"

if they don't people will just complain

the monitor price is relevant to me. g-sync tax is absurd

b-but it's PREMIUM sync man

>As expected, the additional power target of 25% moves the card to 440 watts of directly measured power…ouch!

AYYMD HOUSEFIRES

Wanna bet the left one is the one with the 1080?

What a joke of a company.

It actually is. Enjoy your flickering black screens with no fix whatsoever.

yeah, same way here youtube.com/watch?v=ybF7r4rogHc&t

Holy shit that girl's chin.

I am buying RX Vega and nobody can convince me otherwise. Get freaking wrecked, nviggiots.

THISTHISTHISTHIS

Same. Unless the power draw is 300W, that's the only red flag for me.

I probably will too but that doesn't mean I'm not going to hold AMD's ass to the fire over this pathetic display. RTG honestly deserves all the criticism they get.

forums.anandtech.com/threads/vega-navi-rumors-updated.2486940/page-187#post-38989113

>Incredible. Waited 2 hours in the queue, but gave up. Very unprofessional organization.

>This is what I have been told:
>They had a FreeSync and a G-Sync system, one equipped with an RX Vega, the other with a GTX 1080, display was some 100 Hz ASUS.
>The "contest" was to tell which one performs better. You have 2 minutes with each system. Finito.
>Additionally, they have some ASUS gear to show.

>That's it. Don't know who is / was responsible for this. What a joke.

AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

AYYMDPOORFAGS CONFIRMED ON SUICIDE WATCH

>Very unprofessional organization.
RTG in a nutshell

Lel, get rekt nvidiot.

>10% faster while using 2x more power

AAHAHAHHAHA

>Waited 2 hours in the queue, but gave up
didn't they have tickets ? why queue?

P6000 is a full GP102 (3800+ shaders) you moron.

reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/6o0kku/vega_equals_or_is_close_to_gtx_1080_performance/dkdlntu/

>the AMD rep guy was asked and he said it's a GTX 1080 non Ti against the RX VEGA

AHAHAHA OH WOW

AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

AYYMDPOORFAGS CONFIRMED ON SUICIDE WATCH

1070 levels we all knew this. not a surprise

Workstation perofrmance isn't that important compared to reliability

Then get one of those $500 Quadros you faggot, who needs performance am i rite

>clearly says 1080 levels
>"it's 1070 levels we already knew this"
hmmmmmmmmm

>or close to

so any dx11 game it will be 1070 levels because nodrivers

>the AMD rep guy was asked and he said it's a GTX 1080 non Ti against the RX VEGA

"1070 levels of performance? Pathetic! How can they compete with a card that's only as good as a 1060!? AMD is finished and bankrupt with their poolet 1050 clone!"

KEK.

>tfw got 144hz 1440p freesync monitor running on a rx480
Me too senpai

that's my goal in the coming years. I dont care how strong it is as long as it offers better than rx580 at better price than NVIDIA.

Reminder to report shitposters.

Do you think Rx Vega will be able to do 4K gaming?

>reliability
KEK
Is that the new shill trick?
First efficiency matters, now reliability does.
Ahould i reind you which company had a history of unreliable products, dead chips, drivers burning the chips to death and causing system failure?

>our product is inferior while being more expensive and having proprietary blackbox features
>but
>but
>eehm, it's efficient yes

Actually a 1070 can do you 4k gaming.
Just set the shadows on medium, and tone down post processing a little bit.

So what's the PSU recommendation on this shit?

>Ryzen 5 (+ cooler)
>Vega RX

Assuming ~ 100% utilization on both on stock, that'd be around ~300w+~100w for these two alone. Then there's cooler(5w) + hdd/ssd(10w each) + 4-6 usbs (5-10w). This puts us at ~ 470w. If we overclock the CPU/GPU, ~130w + ~400w? So around 600w minimal + ~50-100w for extra threshold as to not put 100% stress on PSU.

700w is what I'm calculating as safe PSU requirement.

>So what's the PSU recommendation on this shit?
We don't know.

I use a heavily overvolted Fury with a 600W PSU and have never had any issues so I'd be surprised if stock Vega wasn't fine.

Mine's more of a theoretical safe zone when system is loaded 100%.

When you game, you don't use 100% cpu or 100% gpu power. When you stress GPU with things like furmark, or cpu with prime95 thats where you see the true limits. Fury has a calculated average power usage of around 275w, but when its unleashed/tested in furmark, it can go upto 400w (using all available gpu resources). Similarly with CPU, TDP (for intel) is average for stock power usage under gaming loads, but with max load, it goes ~50% more.

Lets assume your setup is like this.

Intel 4770K
Fury OC
2 HDD/SSD
5 USB
3 fans

4770K TDP is ~84w and that's accurate in gaming on stock. With bit of OC and load, it can go up to ~120w.
Fury OC'd is around 275 average and ~300 gaming with OC, and ~400 full load.
USBS/HDD/SSD/Fans ~75w

130 + 400 + 75 ~= 605. Thats within acceptable minimum (for 100% load threshold).
50-100w more to offset the 100% PSU usage for more smoother run. Ideally you'd want to go for that sort of safe mark.

But in a minimal standard,

4770K = 100w
Fury = 300w
USB/HDD/FAN = 75w
= 475. That works well when you're not fully stressing the system and only playing games/cpu load in normal conditions. The 600w would then be quite good since its a 125w extra on the load so your PSU isn't 100% all the time.

2 different marks to understand when buying PSU. The theoretical mark and the normal gaming condition mark.

>the only systems with hiccups were intel's
interesting...

if you have a single gpu 500-550w will be fine even with heavy overclocking

I have an r9 290x, an r9 285, and a 5820k, and even with the cpu and the 290x overclocked while running prime95 and two furmark instances (one for both gpu) I barely hit 630w~ with some other minor stuff plugged into the same socket, and while I'd still rather have the 750w for that extra bit of leeway the rig idles around 130w which has some incredibly shit efficiency out of the gpu

Does Vega compete with its technical power or its price:quality ratio?

I guess i'm asking can it beat 1080ti/TItan XP

We don't know.

Probably price:quality, I don't think Vega RX is going to compete in power:performance efficiency.

Vega is a pile of shit.

t. leather jacket man

so it's safe to assume that 1080p@60fps Vega cards will be in the low end of the spectrum?

I agree.

t. amd owner

These will be much much later.

1080p 60fps is already given for these modern >$200 cards.

>4
just get 390x or something lol

390? 390x

yeah, but given that the 480 was already capable of that for $200 or so, it makes me wonder if we'll se the same performance for something like $100~150 in the near future.

>1080p@60fps
is it 2011 again?
580 for 250 is already that.

The next somewhat big leap in performance lies in 7nm dieshrink.
Even bigger one is in MCM GPUs but it's like 3 years away at the very least.

now, seeing this trainwreck, I'm more than glad that I pulled the trigger instead of waiting™

I mean - the whole situation kinda reminds me of R9 290 premiere, when everyone was shouting "OMG 6+8 power pin HOUSEFIRES"
but it was actually a solid performer for the price
now with vega... doesn't look like it'll be this good in any way

The AMD's CPUs department is giving tremendous pride, but the GPUs department is giving tremendous disgust!

Is this R300 2.0?
Except they actually demo the cards with *some* gaymplay.

It's just a Fury 2.0.

Doesn't look like it.

If we take into account that it does not compete with 1080 Ti, you're right.

You don't know whether it competes with GP102 variants.

There's a Vega FE variant out already. It will be roughly a 1080 competition or an overclocked 1070 competition.

FE is not indicative of RX Vega performance.
In fact, Vega features are simply disabled on FE.
Everything, even discard accelerator (it discards less tris than Polaris).

You can also look at the 780ti to see what happens to cards without driver support.

I have 770.
I know THE pain.
Kill me please.

We know this, but for gaming purposes, this is not going to be a 20% increase in performance. At best, ~10%. That's still only at 1080 level.

>We know this, but for gaming purposes, this is not going to be a 20% increase in performance.
Wut?
Do you know what TBR does?
I am not talking faster discarding with primitive shaders.
Only TBR.
Do you know what it does in what happens when you implement it?

I'm starting to panic about the reported performance. Help me anons.

Wait™.
And go read some Maxwell whitepapers and listen to Kanter.

Wait for benchmarks, wait for drivers, wait for Raja's final desperation attack.

So... 1080 performance in Vulkan/4k and 1070 performance in dx11/144hz/1440p confirmed? Also why AMD only uses two 12 and 18 months old games in all their benchmarks?

>Also why AMD only uses two 12 and 18 months old games in all their benchmarks?
AMD showed benchmarks of RX Vega?

I'm more worried about that 300+ watt power draw.

It's not 300+watts even on overvolted FE.

No thanks.

660 Ti, AKA 970 Jr. How do I into noosing?

680 here. brb offing myself.

I thought it was 285 watts on the aircooled RX Vega. Well, that's still 100 watts more than your average 1080. Which is kind of stupid. Drivers will be better in a few months. It's going to end up like Ryzen's launch where several months later things have improved quite a bit.

fuck i love this meme

Have 2x 1080s and 7700k 5ghz fuck runs cool less than 600w.

I mean 2*1080 equals 1 rx (or half) depending on OC.
Having crossfire rx would be a real crossfire on psu.
Just imagine 7900x+2 rx
You would need dual psus

/thread

Vega will require both driver AND game updates to perform at its best. Just like Ryzen did.

Just wait for Navi