/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago (outdated)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
LG USA Mobile on Twitter: 8/31/17. Berlin, Germany. Mark your calendar for a brand new chapter. #V #LG
twitter.com/LGUSAMobile/status/885953047809183745

ZTE launches a $99 phone with a fingerprint sensor
theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/7/14/15971016/zte-blade-spark-price-att-fingerprint-sensor-prepaid

Source: Pixel XL 2 will have Ambient Display Always On, Squeezing while Screen Off, Multiple Display Profiles, and More
xda-developers.com/source-pixel-xl-2-will-have-ambient-display-always-on-squeezing-while-screen-off-multiple-display-profiles-and-more/

Samsung has released a app that can live stream your device to Twitch, YouTube, and Facebook.
apkmirror.com/apk/samsung-electronics-co-ltd/game-live/game-live-0-1-03-0-release/game-live-0-1-03-0-android-apk-download/

HTC U11 - Real Review
youtu.be/2OqK94X4Gng

Oppo R11 Review
gsmarena.com/oppo_r11-review-1631.php

old

Hey guys, It's Zorais here
My Axon 7 finally came and I put the Nova launcher on it
Pic was as promised a while back, sorry for the long delay (I was in Canada)

What are some good apps I could use to browse Sup Forums?

Kek

Fuck I suck at taking front facing pics

for roughly the same price should i get honor 9 or v20

Just got a new phone. What steps can I take to ensure the best battery life? I recall reading that you should discharge to 33% and then charge to 100%. Is that correct?

Take a pic showing the phone (use a mirror)

I got it used for $260, phone and the included accessories show almost no signs of use except for some fingerprints on the screen. The box looks like it came out of Hell though, good thing nothing in it was impacted

Hi, guys.

I'm on the hunt for a phone since my XCover 3 is never getting root. After looking at LineageOS supported devices I found they're too much of a pain in the ass. My top limit is about 250$, but since Czech prices are shit compared to US, I would count that a 200$US phone will be about the limit for me.

My requirements:

ROOTABLE, I don't want Gapps
replacable battery would be a nice feature
MicroSD card slot is a must, I listen to a lot of music in my spare time, but if hard pressed I might go without it

That's pretty much it, I suppose. Anyone got any recommendations? Thanks, guys, I really appreciate your help.

You look like me.

Nokia w SD660 when

pic?

Should I wait for Pixel 2 or buy the HTC U11 ? Also pixel XL 2 will be made by (L)oops(G)ood. Thoughts ?

Moto G5

Install F-Droid and get Clover

I am so close to pulling the trigger on the Axon 7, and wanted to ask you some detailed questions about it, but the fact that you can't figure out what a good Sup Forums app is makes me think you suck with tech.

should i get the huawei p10 or wait for the v30?
I'd rather not wait for the pixel. lack other feature like the ir blaster and fm radio. pretty sure storage wont expandable too

pls help

something that comes to mind
>oppo r11
>xz premium
>nubia z17 mini
>meizu note m5
>lg v20

I don't suck with tech, I'm a huge pc building fan. I just suck with using phones, never used one other than to confirm things in two-steps and play some games time to time

I could try to answer your questions, but I just got this thing so I may not know everything.

OK, noted. It's about the top margin there (5499CZK)

Would a DooGee be any good? A friend's got one and I can see a load of them on chinksites...

No one should buy the p10 unless you want to play roulette on the speed of your fucking phone. Look up "P10 storage issue"

You should also NOT get the LG v30. No removable battery, LG still hasn't updated the v20 to 7.1.1, and they are known for dropping support on their phones. LG v20 is still an awesome phone, and is only ~$400

My main issue with the Axon 7 is the fact that no one can confirm that it uses it's AKM DAC in anything but the stock music player. The phone was parading HIFI, and it defaults to the Snap820's DAC.

Post some pics of the apparently shitty music player, and try switching audio to see if there is a difference. NOT DOLBY.
Also how do you like the capacitive buttons? I really like how i don't have to use Android's FUCKING horrible "Soft Keys" that take up the screen real estate

>get a OnePlus5
>need to call 911
>phone reboots
> DIE
RIP OP5 users everywhere

I don't get how people on Sup Forums don't rage against the on-screen Android buttons.
The screen is usually only 5-6", and you're going to take that up with gay ass software buttons? Every phone has an unused bezel, put hidden buttons there or something.
How can you argue FOR software buttons? Bezelless screens are just now coming out.

bq aquaris x5 plus is about to get lineageOS

Nokia 7 announcement when

>LineageOS supported devices are a pain in the ass
What do you mean by this?

So, a few days ago my Zenfone 2 died. When I press the power button it vibrates but does nothing, no screen and no light even with the charger plugged in.

When I try to reload the firmware with the IntelSoc driver, it loads the firmware, but the it restarts again and starts again. Any ideas?

I'm not much of an audiophile these days, so I can't answer the first one for you. But playing audio thru the stock music player and the Play Music app showed no difference for me.
The buttons are great, the ability to change their behaviors is a plus for me. Some wish they were backlit tho, not an issue for me atm

Can't decide between the

LG G6
S8 plus
HTC U11

Each have their pros and cons, I cant decide which to get.

Sorry, I didn't word that well... They're pain in the ass price-wise.

you can only flip around back/recent apps right?

and you have to go into the settings and switch from standard to super(?) or something else.
What headphones are you using mr. "used-to audiophile"

No, Doogee is shit.

was set to super for me by default, I used some earcup-modded Sony headphones - pretty basic

U11

How's the MiFavor UI? And did you update to 7.1?
Any cons you can notice?

U11 or G6 if you want the taller screen, seems better to me than the meme edged screen of the S8

What's a good smartphone with the following features:

Removable battery.
As card slot.
About 5 inch screen. 1440 preferable but 1080p works.
Headphone jack.
More powerful than an LG v10.

A physical keyboard would be nice too (no portrait failure keyboard...ever.) but not required.

So what fits this honestly easy as Hell fairly average feature set?

REDMI 5 WHEN
BLUEMI WHEN
For real, my lumia 640 is literally dying on my hands atm, hurry up chinks.

MiFlavor is nice and sleek, no problems there although I did get the Nova launcher to use instead. Mine came with 7.1.1 installed, and so far everything seems good.

>removable battery
LG G5 or V20, that's pretty much it

What is a good rugged, basic, small smartphone that works on cricket? I just need it to have long battery life, a small screen, and be tough

Idk I feel like the release of the Axon 8 is near, and I might hold our for it
The A7 is already a year old now

Why is a pajeet allowed to post here?

iPhone SE

People still recommend it as a good buy, the Axon 8 seems too arcane to know specifics about yet.
Aren't they on every tech forum?

what's the best phone under $150?
I've been looking at the redmi 4x, any thoughts on this phone?

They had a supposed leak, but it only has a better camera, processor is basically the same, screen same, design same.

so basically it's an Axon remake but with the camera fixed? I heard bad things about the Axon 7's one, but I don't care.
Could show that the 7 basically holds up today by not needing anything new atm

For a 20MP camera, they really fucked up.
Apparently updates helped it get a little better

Redmi Note 4 Global

only use Clover 2.2 because captchas on 2.3 are all fucked up

If I had to buy a phone tomorrow the Axon 7 would probably be it, go for it

no legit custom rom but has eumiui nougat rom

see

I'll check the note 4 but I don't know if it will be too big... I'm coming from a z1 compact
That's not good, do you have any other suggestion maybe?
thanks

Are these things actually useful or just ad-riddled memes?

>CCcleaner
>useful
Stay with the current year

According to the product manager of LG Italy -in Italy- the LG Q6 will cost "less than €350".

Thoughts?

I mean any of those apps. I just tried that one to see how it is.
I don't know which is the best junk remover app that doesn't shove ads to my face every 10 seconds

Typing this from Clover, seems simple enough to use

sucks to be poor

Post your desktops. I need help to sort out my hellhole of a homescreen

Are you me? Literally having the same problem
[spoiler]why did I buy a lumia[/spoiler]

Thanks for the contribution.

Lmao a pajeet shilling a chinkphone

How low can you go Sup Forums? hahahaha

Designated

what's the weather app?

Wait...those are very basic features. Aren't they standard?

Poo

It's a stock widget on Axon devices

Where have you been? Almost every phone has a non-removable battery nowadays, it's been like that for a while already.

>Using ANYTHING stock on the Axon 7

Fuck off pajeet.
Enjoy your underage ban

Well I already changed the launcher, any recommended widgets I should use instead of that one?

I have the axon 7. Was I talking to you yesterday about it?

Ty man. Didn't know that existed

this honestly

Maybelline, can i smeel ur shit? Hehehe

Nope that was me, not the faggot using a name who can barely use a phone, and clearly is very new to this site

Been using a v10. And before that a galaxy s4.

What the fuck happened? If these companies are taking basic features surely nobody has bought their shit and they're all going bankrupt right?

Sorry I don't keep up with this shit.

Stop being rascist

Hey sxon 7

GET THE BQ AQUARIS OR X5 PLUS RIGHT NOW

I'm assuming this is all (you)

(You)
India best country

American girls verte sezy

Can you answer this anons question about the DAC use?

Lineage devices are varied and usually cheap, older devices are still supported. For example I gave a motog 1st gen from 2013 that I bought for £150 that still gets nightlies from Lineage devs. Now its fast again and is rejuvenated.

no they are stealing your data or making money using ads. Occasionally both. Avoid.

Wow user you're funny haha

This is me m8 :-)
I like your UI though. Nice background.

No get Fucked

I Am half "white"(dunno rlly)-Indo-Suramese

What's the best way to clean a phone screen?

Says the troll while stealing

No such thing as a sxon 7

My fucking god dude, stop posting.
And get off this board you tech-illiterate retard. You couldn't even fucking find a Sup Forums app 1 hour ago.
An user tried to ask you for help and you couldn't answer a damn thing.

Don't feed the troll

see

Fuck off pajeet

Reporte him anons

Can it root?

Lack ir blaster and fm radio?

People still care about this?

My Galaxy 6 was my last phone with an ir blaster and I used it a total of... 2 times