Does Sup Forums repair hardware?

Does Sup Forums repair hardware?

Other urls found in this thread:

hackaday.com/2016/10/10/ne555s-smd-prototyping-is-a-work-of-art/
hackaday.com/2017/07/18/customize-forstner-bits-for-fidget-spinner-explosions/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No, that age is over.

Very minor stuff. It mostly comes down to supplies. I can't be bothered to stock surface mount components or wait for them to ship. I'll do some light soldering or component replacements though.

Yes

>pic
how in the fuck

Sure. I'm mostly limited to the level of though.

For me it mostly boils down to replacing laptop parts (LCD, keyboard etc.) using donor machines, fixing headphone cables and making my own passive adapters (RCAaux etc.).

no, we just screech "AMD/INTEL/NVIDIA BTFO"

hackaday.com/2016/10/10/ne555s-smd-prototyping-is-a-work-of-art/

Once my keyboard fell on the floor and all the keys fell off, I tried to glue them back but half of them didn't work anymore.

I really ought to go back to hackaday as a daily website. Found it via yeswap.com back in '05 I think. Sup Forums has been such a waste of time. I don't know why I keep coming here.

something yeah - I'm shit at it, but have fun trying

Go stuff yourself.
If Sup Forums wasn't filled with Sup Forumsedditors, normies, and other assorted consumerist scum, you can bet Sup Forums would be a better place.
Stop contributing to garbage ``MY BRAND!'' shitflinging threads.

>Stop contributing to garbage ``MY BRAND!'' shitflinging threads.
I don't fall for that shit though. For one, I'm too broke to afford anything being shilled in that shit.
Two, it's as you said, garbage.
Go stuff YOURSELF, fag.

yes. my most recent endeavour was flashing an incorrect firmware file onto two old powerline ethernet adaptors. they're now bricked.
a couple of months ago i thought it would be easy enough to de+resolder some pretty big switches on a remote control after two of them stopped working. it was supplied with three power plug/socket combos which it turned on and off, but the remote physically had four sets of buttons. that remote is now completely fucked.
i'm a senior sysadmin by trade and should know better.

Even hackaday isn't what it used to be. Still lots of good stuff though.

So Sup Forums would be good if only it was good? I'm already hiding most of the generals but sadly that doesn't leave much.

Take it as a learning experience. At least you now have some spare parts.

Yeah. I've totally taken apart all of my machines and put them back together except for phones, since those a little different. I can do basic repairs and maintenance on almost anything as long as there's parts for sale. I've been getting to deep software too. I just bought a ThinkPad T400 and installed Trannyboot to be free as in freedom. I can also do soldering but I suck at it.

I repaired my phone screen twice, its actually easier than you think. Well, it depends of the phone I guess, mine is an Asus ZE550KL

you done with my pc yet? I want arch linux preinstalled

>Still lots of good stuff though.
It's shit: hackaday.com/2017/07/18/customize-forstner-bits-for-fidget-spinner-explosions/
Tell me what the fuck this is. A feels thread on Sup Forums is better than this

bought some replacement parts for repairing some audio equipment, and just got done repairing the disk lid detection switches on my old PS2.

what are they doing to this board in this picture, it seems to be the motherboard of an older PS3 with the CPU+GPU from PS2 for backwards compatibility

My hardware rarely ever breaks so im forced to create rather than fix

I get money from fixing iFags' phone screens

say that to my face fucker not online

I've fixed and made a few of my own cables before (3.5mm aux, RCA, Ethernet), but not much beyond that.

I repaired the rn3p I dropped in the bathtub. Needed a new battery and USB board.
I also drilled off the remote control connector of my earphone plug since it kept turning the volume all ť way up.

Sadly, the most elaborate repairs recently have been the notebooks of my mum and my girlfriend, which both only needed to have the fan cleaned. The amount of work involved was ridiculous. It's clear that they don't want you to reach them.

I soldered new plugs on broken headphones and earphones a few times but the cables are becoming so small and hard to solder that I have given that up

my retro consoles, crt tvs and some older pc hardware has needed cap replacements, but nothing too major.