Best processor ever?

Best processor ever?

Other urls found in this thread:

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core2-Quad-Q9000-vs-Intel-Atom-Z3735F/m5898vsm16367
youtube.com/watch?v=Ya5zRRMaBwM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Still using one

yes

Core2quad is actually still relevant, no so.

Which one?

Wolfdale master race here.

>not using celeron

No. There's a reason they don't make them anymore.

Yes, Core2Duo were awesome.

>implying they still aren't

Of course they still are (: I did not say otherwise

E8400 reporting in

>not using P4 to impress the girls

me two

You guys are all fucking high. I have this in my computer right now and it crawls. Anyone that says that tech older that 5 years old is good still is full of shit.

My main machine is still a Q9300.

Sad I know, but I've had little reason to upgrade aside from being unable to obtain cheap RAM.

You're doing it right.

no, picrelated is

I still do, on my Toshiba ChromeBook2 that rocks one

Smart people's choice was 2600k, not that crap.

Yep.

Same here.

P8400.

I'm running Debian with XFCE on mine and it's lightning fast. Stop using Winshit.

>he doesn't have a PC running Gentoo with no X installed
Stay pleb

How does gallium OS run on a chromebook?

Better than Chrome OS and Chrome OS is a heap of shit

Uh excuse me? This was the best processor family ever.

I had one, it fried up after two months (stock cooler).

Had one in my old PC, or the e8500. Was a beast, had it overclocked to 3.6Ghz

Holy shit that box. It's a fucking nightmare. The processor is good tho, upgraded from a new 2000+ thoroughbred to a 2500+ barton plus with the pencil trick it gave bestest bang of bucks.

Holy shit son, just go fuck your tranny next door already.

>Extreme perfomance for Windows XP

kek

I had that exact same CPU. Upgraded to X2 4200+ later. Shit was so cash.

Same here. I might upgrade in 2018 though.

Slow ass FSB + no memory controller. 128bit SSE was nice, thoughtful.

>only having 2 cores
>in 2017
neck yourself.

also have a macbook pro 13" rockin a core 2 duo for max comfy on the go

Yep. On an E7500 now.

Either you're a hyperactive child or you're too retarded to maintain your system, take your pick.
>he thinks you need a "lightweight" operating system configuration for a fucking Core 2
That's pretty retarded, too. They'll run whatever you give them just fine at this point.

Try running an SSD.
Even a c2d system will support sata2 and give you good speeds up to 250MB/s

I still use an E2180. Not a Core 2 Duo but pretty similar

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core2-Quad-Q9000-vs-Intel-Atom-Z3735F/m5898vsm16367

If I can run Win 10 32-bit debloated with 2 GB RAM on the shit-ass atom here you can sure as hell run Linux stripped down edition on a Core2Quad.

>Sup Forums
>smart

Sandy Bridge era will always be GOAT.

E8400 here but i'm waaaaaaaaay overdue for an upgrade. coffee lake/kaby lake refresh/ryzen refresh in 2018?

>backdoored
Trash

Sorry but my amd duron is better LOL GET REKT LOL

Hai guize. 'Member me?

C2D was backdoored in the motherboard, and only a few motherboards implemented Intel ME.

Is core 2 quad OK?

No. Best processor ever.

This. They're fine for non-CPU intensive tasks, light web browsing, etc, but they can barely decode a 1080p at lowest possible settings on mpv. Not usable when high-bitrate 720p video starts dropping frames.

For a lightweight linux installation maybe. For anything more intense you need more.

I'm not really shitting on running something simple and light, that's usually the route I go with Linux anyway. It's when people act like it's the only thing that will work that makes me laugh at them, I've never seen a high-end Core 2 system lose its shit with a typical use case on any operating system, software demands just haven't increased that much since we're doing the same exact shit in 2017 that we were doing on them in 2008 90% of the time.

Core2 was the last line of Intel CPUs where you could disable the ME

GOAT

you say that as if i didn't just kill a javascript clock tab that was using 500+ MB memory

Uh you're forgetting about games and multitasking and 4k movies and inefficient website coding sweetie.

Still got one powering my 1080p Kodi HTPC. It's a laptop too.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ya5zRRMaBwM

Nah, that was expensive as fuck when it was new. 2500K provided the best bang for buck.

>it's time to multiply
l-lewd

That weird-looking albino girl makes me angry.

What's your excuse for having so little RAM in your system that this is an issue? Is it even an actual issue?
>but big numbers for my mindless media and video game consumption
It's time to grow up and get a real home theater, or maybe a hobby.
Multitasking isn't a terrible point, though, but it depends on what you do. I have no problem running shit tons of applications (Photoshop, VMware and 40+ tab Firefox browsing sessions being the biggest ones) on any of my Core2 or first generation Nehalem systems. Javascript bullshit is mostly a meme from mewling faggots who do nothing with their computers but stare at top/taskmgr all day.

She looks like some bitch Kirk would fuck on Star Trek.

I see you're too young to remember the revolution this was.

kill yourself retard. you'd probably be better off with an i7-7700k or a high end ryzen

This blew my mind.

my sister still has her windows98 computer with that cpu.
i think it had 333mhz cpu and 32mb ram.
still kicking too.

kek

I owned one. Can confirm, it blew my mind.

>double the power
>supercomputer

They're about to do it again.

>Sad I know, but I've had little reason to upgrade aside from being unable to obtain cheap RAM.
That's how they do it to you, yep.

Lads 2-@5 should I do with my q9600? Sell it on eBay?

>2-@5
did you have a stroke

Honestly don't know how that happened.

>you'd probably be better off with something high end from 2017 than something mid-range from 2007
No shit, retard.

So this is the power of the Jew...

Sup Forums gives these two chips way more credit and hype than they really deserve. The 1 GHz slotted Athlon was a piece of geriatric trash with slower than fuck off-die cache running at 1/3 the CPU clock that only existed so AMD could say they were "first" to a big number that meant nothing because any equivalently clocked PIII or Thunderbird Athlon would blow it the fuck out with ease. The A64 definitely wasn't a piece of shit, but it wasn't the lord and savior either. All it really did was finally rescue the 2% of users still stuck on shitty comatose big RISC/SysV platforms while the 98% could use more RAM without PAE bullshit if they could afford it, otherwise it was just the same old fast 386 with bigger registers and some more special instructions.

Core 2's overhyped too though, it has great longevity and is still plenty usable, but that's just due to stagnation in software and usage, not anything really special about its engineering. You could say the same for most A64 X2s and Phenoms, too.

so you admit it makes a difference. just because you're satisfied (or you think you're satisfied because you don't know any better) with your outdated setup doesn't mean it's the be-all and end-all

That was never my point. A Q6600 is never going to have anywhere near 100% parity with a 7700K for a lot of applications, but that doesn't mean the Q6600 isn't still perfectly fine for a lot of things too. I'd never put a second-hand Core 2 box to work for gaming or 4K media, but I wouldn't balk at using it for most everyday tasks with Windows 7/10 or a run-of-the-mill Linux distribution.

Yeah but my 3930K overclocked still outperforms a 7700K. The 2500k is probably on par with that new pentium or an i3.

Freescale PowerPC 7448
>tfw can't find a 1.92GHz PowerBook G4
>tfw upgrade service is no longer offered

except the thread is about core 2 duo which is much worse than even a q6600 and you're fucking gay and retarded for trying to argue that it's acceptable for light usage as if that's all that anyone ever does

I haven't really found Duos to be that bad either, and why are you so upset? We're not all gamer faggots taking a break from Sup Forums and r/pcmasterrace to circle jerk with you during CPU/GPU release seasons, there are plenty of us here who just like fucking around with old shit or simply do things that don't need a threadripper and a 1080 to accomplish, which is a lot of things in the era of stagnation we have been experiencing in the 2010s.

I have an i7 860

its at 4.2ghz and never hits full load

Why can't i just get a new GPU and smash games?

>Paying extra for an unlocked multiplier
Literal jews, this artificial bullshit can never be best CPU

My vote goes for original core2quad or p4

So no CPU is up to your standards?

some games use the cpu a lot

What standards? I just find it obnoxious when people suck AMD's cock for the sake of it. AMD64 was a great and necessary improvement for x86 and it would not be where it is today without it, but is it truly "revolutionary" on the same level of, say, the 80386, whose enhancements fundamentally changed the way we used PCs? Not really. It future-proofed the platform and made it truly viable in the high-end, but it didn't change much for the average user in the end.

But the 1 GHz Orion Athlon, however, certainly isn't up to my "standards," it's a piece of shit that only existed for marketing hype and sure as hell wouldn't live up to it.

>t7500
no plans to upgrade in the next 5 years

SoMe GaMeS uSe ThE cPu A lOt

THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN

newsflash your cpu is getting old

Pic related stopped production at Sept. 2007

It was introduced in 1985

Most relevant of all time.

I loved my old rig.

>Look the numbers are twice as big
but what do they mean?

486dx2-66 was comfy