How common are dialects in Italy ?

How common are dialects in Italy ?
Does young people used it ?
What's the regions where dialect are very common ? And the one where dialects are not common ?
Do italian-anons speaks any dialects?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saterland_Frisian_language?wprov=sfla1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

People speak more in dialect in the south and rural parts of the north (especially veneto),in the center (where i live) we speak pretty much in italian with some dialectal ''correction'' (for example ''de'' instead of ''di'',''nova'' instead of ''nuova'' ''andà'' instead of ''andare'' ),in some big cities (like milan) people only know italian and forgot their own dialect

Forgot to say that only old people in general speak hardcore dialects in the centre-north

Obligatory Croat post in a thread about Italy.

is there a language map for germans

better map

OK, and in southern italy and Veneto/rural northern Italy even young people speak it regularly ?

danke schatz

yeah pretty much,once i met a neapolitan guy and he struggled to speak in italian

Veneto/Friuli 95% speak dialect.

Major cities of the north nearly no ones speaks it.

Dialects are very common, but they are slowly disappearing, since young people prefer to use a "lighter" version of the dialect or to speak Italian.
I have to use dialect when I talk to older people, since most of them usually speak the true dialect.
I also use dialect to communicate faster (mostly because words are shorter) with friends, otherwise I use regular Italian.
The fact is that one cannot understand a dialect from another region, it sounds like another language. I went to Naples once and everyone spoke in local dialect, and I could not understand a thing, also because sometimes few of them cannot speak regular Italian.

first time I heard italian I was very surprised

The Sicilian, Neapolitan, Venetian, Friulian and Sardinian dialects are all popular with a good number of speakers.

Holy shit, is there a more non-country country than Italy? How can other cunts even compare with our lack of cultural and national unity?

ur welcome, poppa

And some of those are separate languages btw.

Trust me, we are way more culturally similar than cunts like turkey, india, china, russia...
stop with muh special snowflake meme, autist weeb fag

the idea of italy was around since roman era, the fact that we hate each other is because we italians are self hating faggots. And culturally italy has always been a whole, even with muh city states you faggot, italian culture was still at the time uniting the peninsula, with poetry and ideologies travelling from sicily to the alps.

now go back to whatever tuscan basement you're from, loser

Thx for the replies

Does immigrants knows the dialects of their regions or did they only speak Italian (when they speak it) ?

Also that's maybe a silly question but I've understand that Neapolitan is very common in the city of Napoli but is it as popular in the cities around Napoli (like Caserta province, Salerno, etc...) ?

At least you have strong regional identities, that's not a bad thing.

Where's the key?

t. terrone who wants to keep being a leech on the north.

Padanian/Venetian independence soon, subhuman.

>immigrants
>learning the language of the country
>ever

france used to be as disunified culturqlly before the french revolution. before the revolution only 10% of france spoke french

testa da batar pai, son veneto anca mi.

Te si soeo un mona che no sa de cossa che te parla.

Sorry couldn't find a English one

S E R E N I S S I M A

I can testify that in Veneto some immigrants speaks dialect or at very least they understand it

They could afford that because they don't have subhuman terroni living in any of their regions. Even if we completed the process of cultural/national unification in Italy the terroni would still keep dragging us down in all levels.

This should sum it up

sinistra piave detected

obviously they couldnyt because thry tried very hard to exterminate non-french languages (basque, franco provencal, occitan, breton...)
now almost no one speaks non-french languages

It is EXCLUSIVELY due to fascism that my grandpappy also speaks Italian and not only his dialect.
Our national language is basically made up and shoved down our throats, but it's a literary language and it happened two and three generations ago, so it's fine.

In my city immigrants from southern Italy speak their dialect, and they teach it to their children. 2nd generation non-italian immigrants (not the ones from middle east, DK why) can speak both regional dialect and Italian. It's always funny to talk in dialect with a chinese guy, because you never expect that.

Dialects are still spoken by 50+ years old people in Alsace or Corsica

What's that missing area by East Frisian?

I mean France could afford to have an unified cultural and national identity because they don't have inbred low IQ idiots in any of their regions.

corsica and alsace are exceptions
corsicans all speak corsican iirc
brittany had a good amount of breton speakers too (maybe 200,000)
but still
that makes no sense.

>Italian language not made up, resulted in centuries of evolution
>Television, not Fascism mainly helped to unify the country in the language

>Veneto/Friuli 95% speak dialect.
That's an exaggeration

I don't think it should be frowned upon to speak one's dialect, I personally do it only with people I know and that can understand me.

>corsicans all speak corsican iirc
Not really. Most of them understand it tho

>destra piave

>Does immigrants knows the dialects of their regions or did they only speak Italian (when they speak it) ?
They don't know dialects but they get the accent of the area
For example Balotelli speaks Italian with a strong accent from Bergamo

Could be Saterfriesisch

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saterland_Frisian_language?wprov=sfla1

no shit
he grew up there

>They don't know dialects but they get the accent of the area
Same here, Zidane have a Marseille accent

is this ironic? Balotelli was adopted and grew up there, he is hardly an immigrant

>that makes no sense.

All of France's regions are developed and rich while there's a massive gap between north and south in Italy. That's because terroni are backward by nature. France doesn't have people like that.

there are Italian terroni in France as well.
Corsican are the terroni of France
Some parts near Belgium are economically fucked up

Nothing as extreme as us though.

lol what are the terroni tier parts of UK?

Corsican are based though

yes they are more the Sardinians of France then

Lmao walse and cornwall

Wales and Cornwall have shit infrastructure I guess since they're rural as fuck, but they're still quite rich.

The transitional region is Devon, which is the country that separates Cornwall from England.

Rural Cornwall is incredibly undeveloped, however it has had a surge in the tech industry for some reason. They got fiber laid down years before me and I live in Sussex (Directly South of London).

Wales on the other hand is a bit more complicated, Southern Wales or more specifically South-East Wales is incredibly developed, the infrastructure has been renewed and I'd say it is almost American-tier. This all revolves around Cardiff so that would make sense, I can't comment on the rest of the coast leading up to Swansea but I imagine it is consistent.

However North Wales is destitute, still undeveloped and stuck in the past. The fact that it is so poor is the reason there has been a lot of 'colonization' by middle-class English property buyers. They are getting in on the cheap market that the native Welsh can't afford themselves, a side note of which is also causing gentrification in some areas which has caused tensions, hence why the Northern Welsh are rather hostile whilst the Southerners are charming.

As for Devon, it's the last jewel of an over-developed Southern country, the garden of Wessex and the county I intend to spent the last days of my life.

> Devon

thats where my family floated over from in the 1700's

I wonder if I have distant family still over there

Hard to say, most people from that part of England ended up going to America and staying of course. They settled all over but had the highest concentrations in the North-Eastern states.

As for your distant family, it depends on if they weathered the pox outbreaks that were rife in the South during that time. Get involved and find out your history, who knows you might find a passport at the end of it.

Thanks for the info based britbong

Do are any of these dialects similar to spanish? Maybe in the south because of spanish and aragonese rule?