American internet

>American internet

This seems old. Didn't the FCC do something about increasing the required speed for broadband?

Oligopoly, ignorant politicians, and expensive lobbyists ahoy!

not too bad

>American internet

>expecting $50 gigabit fiber in the middle of bum fuck nowhere

As a rural customer, I completely understand why it's expensive for slow Internet. Internet is still new. The infrastructure will grow as ISPs profit.

>American internet
>American internet

>american internet

Basically OP is a faggot

This is satellite internet, you pleb

source on this?

>paid posters

someone just discovered satellite internet

You don't need to be paid if you're a first hand recipient of decent internet in the US.

The speeds and the fact they require a site survey.

thats not a source.

Yes it is. Only satellite providers require a site survey to see where to install the dish for LoS

then explain
No satellite can provide 1gbps, i doubt even military tech has that kind of throughput on satellites.

what's the data cap?

FiOS has no hard data cap.

Technically there is a soft cap at 10TB, if you continually hit this cap they'll force you to upgrade to business class.

The keyword being 'Ethernet' ;) which wouldn't be using satellite. This is made for Enterprise level businesses and it wouldn't be able to everyone.

Factors include how far away they are from the CO or RT and how many bonded twisted pairs they can serve to that customer.

You forgot WISP. They also require site survey. Don't act so confident when you don't know what you are talking about.

how come I can't find that on their site with 500/500 mbits for 195$/mo. being the top offer?

there's no fixing it either, it's just gonna get worse from here.

LOL is that what you were trying to get at? Because I forgot WISP?

I know exactly what I'm talking about :)

1Gbps isn't deployed on the entire FiOS network, so you probably live in an area that doesn't have it yet.

The RT that serves you probably doesn't have the capacity yet, plus the fiber ONT on/in your house

Because it's being rolled out by CO.

It's in most of the DC/Metro area as well as NYC. IDK about elsewhere.

Paying $100 a month (no home phone) for 500gb ADSL speeds (~500kb/s)... Thanks Australia.

Different user. Just saw you acting smug instead of ignoring or giving a name, but with completely wrong reasoning.

I'm actually quite sad that Verizon sold my state's FiOS to Frontier. Google Fiber was also supposedly coming here but now that's dead too. The only other ISP in the area is Bright House/Spectrum, but god fuck those upload speeds.

Frontier tech was on here a month or two ago, they'll be upgrading their more profitable areas to 1gbps starting in 2018.

Well I live in one of the better places of Tampa. Hope that qualifies.

It's pretty population dense there, so it's a possibility.

Expect similar ~$70 pricing for new customers and ~$130 for existing customers.

I managed to use a trick in Verizon's system to get mine for new customer pricing, but IDK how frontiers systems work.

Of course they might be generous god's and decide to grant you 1gbps for a decent price without any billing fuckery.

Time will tell.