GPU selloff?

>crypto news sites claim crypto miners are selling off GPUs as crypto prices drop
>check eBay
>used 1070 still 20% more expensive than 1070 FE launch price

WTF is this shit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2f2kGHcdJYU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They aren't really, unless eth drops to

They're only saying this because it's not going for 3x MSRP.

>a nearly broken well used 1070 that's been used at 100% capacity for several months is selling more than it did when it was released

thankyou minefags

Th...th...anks minefags. This is what you've reduced me to.

> Be unwilling to do honest work
> Jump on shitcoin memewagon
> Buy a palette of Nvidiashit (muh cuda)
> Price drops a tiny bit
> "ITS A SHOAH"
> "SELL SELL SELL SELL"

Come on goy I give you good price. It's been underclocked no worries goy please ignore the fact that it has been running 100% full tilt boogie ever since it came out of the box. Its a perfectly good GPU nothing wrong with it at all.

These idiots are directly serving to undermine the foundations of the future via an indirect tax on compute resources. They are so blinded by greed that they are unable to see it. The carbon tax credit scheme failed. So, now they've engineered a socially distributed one that not only puts a stranglehold on energy but does so to compute. You now have to compete against a market for compute resources. A market that is going to be controlled like all the other markets by the wealthy/powerful/wallstreet.

You rarely get to see things like this in their infancy when the hood is wide open and the gears are grinding. When the average pleb is turned into a foot soldier against themselves... Doing the MOST to serve to undermine the very social fabric that they rely so heavily upon.

> Global warming out the window
> Intelligent resource allocation out the window
> True value out the window
> A perverse full on ponzi scheme which seeks to reward the few at the cost of the many
> Inflationary fiat mechanisms baked into the very fabric of the currency
> Dumb fuck average plebs blinded by greed working in full service to those who they will late claim destroyed the middle class

It is fine though. These collective morons are inadvertently doing God's work.
Strap in anons. You quite frankly have no idea how bad this is going to get.
The dystopic future where old compute-wares are sold at high price in dank backrooms is not due to nostalgia, it's due to an out of control yet steered econimic system just like this.

That being said :
Amidst the chaos shall rise order.

Ethereum went back up by 12% today. I wouldn't count on any GPU discounts.

>underclocked
>undervolted
>never temp cycled

I'd buy it

>mfw bandwagon jumpers who didn't study about mining properly and didn't do any of these are parroting these words in hopes people will buy into it
>mfw 80% of the cards on sale are baked

And where the fuck can I find a used one exactly? I don't see them anywhere.
This story is fucking fake news.

Nice pasta.

>not mining ZEC

Fucking plebs!

Sup Forums bingo
>not even trying

you are welcome basement dwelling faggot that wants to play League of Legends instead of making internet magic money and buy shit.

It's the fans running constantly that is the problem. They also flash a modified BIOS to get better hash rates.

why would people immediately sell their cards within days after a price drop? why not just turn them off for a few days and turn them back on once the $/watt goes back into the black?

i could understand someone selling off their cards maybe if prices were chronically low for months at a time. but not instantly.

When can I get a $200 1070

League graphics is more like a 1030

This such a myopic manic post, I am worried about you, user. They are using consumer technology and trying to collaborate in a framework that well create more opportunites for commerce.
There is no grand conspiracy and they certainly aren't affecting the energy market or the climate.

recognize that room, he's a Russian dude that builds mining rigs and gives advice on Youtube.

His kids are in some of his videos and he seems like a nice fellow.

Myopia is reflected in your post. It is most certainly not reflected in my post nor is a grand conspiracy as what I outlined is a probable outcome of this idiocy as it has been for such things throughout history.

I guess to you, the unaffordable housing just happened by magic as well or maybe it was just the suits on wallstreet? Lets ignore the average plebs who signed off on mortgages people couldn't afford so they could get a quota bonus, the highschool dropout real-estate agent, the enterprising home owner who wanted to double their cash and destroy a generation, the local branch manager who told his mortgage originators to do what is necessary to get the big through, the credit raters who wanted a cut too, all the way up to the guys who everyone blames.

It's not a conspiracy, it's what is known as an emergent trend. You see, when everyone aligns to greed on all levels even though they're not equally empowered or stand to profit, a pyramid scheme naturally emerges inline with each persons margin. So, the small free high school drop out hawking the home as a real-estate agent makes a quick $10k. The mortgage originator makes $30k bonus... all the way up to the guys at top who make billions. Meanwhile, the value is extracted from others.

So, believe whatever it is you chose to believe. I'm not your shepherd.

youtube.com/watch?v=2f2kGHcdJYU

>It is most certainly not reflected in my post
Go to bed Mr Curtis. Stop making mountains out of molehills.

They wont sell off gpus en mass till its not profitable for several months in a row.

The only people who will sell off right now are either extremely skittish or bought cards after a hike so they can demand a higher price because the market's not forcing them to sell lower yet.

Goodnight desu

If you actually checked you'd see that eth prices are high. Nothing happening, the mining train is still on full force.

dude why don't u just make a gpu xD

>didn't buy 1070 when it was $380 on ebay
JUST FUCKING KILL ME NOW

Is it really so hard to just set auto notify on a the card you want from they official website, then buy 1 when they occasionally come back in stock?
I get it you are paying retail price of 399 USD for a gtx 1070 not some discounted price from lack of sales, but it's not like you have to pay these outrageous resell prices, just fucking wait 5 days for some stock to come in.
Or why not buy any of the cards that are terrible for mining?
Nobody mines on the gtx 1050, 1080, or 1080 ti.
Sorry about AMD though.

Crypto fags are stupid as hell. Price drops a little, and sell off that .000034 BTC mined. Then panic sell all dozen or so Radon or Nivida cards that were bought new.

Just go get an easy part time job at Subway. You can make in one day, what will take several years to recoup in mining coins.

They could just do both.

/biz/ fags that have no life do pretty well, like when eth was dropping as low as 130 USD and they see Master Card join in backing Ethereum, so they drop 10k USD on eth, then it pumps up over like 3 days, then you dump for 150% profit. (I think it's like 230 USD per eth today?)
As long as your the fag taking advantage of paying attention to news first, you win.

that's the problem
how do you separate the sheep from the goats in /biz/

Well it's easy, if you notice something happen you do it yourself, after you have pumped, you support guys in /biz/ to pump (you want to lock in before everyone else does), then you dump when you see it go up enough (don't worry about what you could have made if you stay in the game, take profit when you see profit, staying in is no different from gambling could go either way)
If someone on /biz/ is already shilling, you're probably too late to pump or you'll be pumping at minimal gain (needs to be profitable enough to break taxation on these trades).

>don't worry about what you could have made if you stay in the game
that's what I don't understand from these bandwagoners, if you don't have a clear goal of when to pull out you're just gambling meaninglessly with your money

When you have key information on something like a large corporation backing something, you know it's going to go up from where it is currently at.
The faster you get on that the better.
After that if you don't know of any reason for it to stay where it's at and you know your dealing with something unprotected by the FCC, there's no safety so you just get out.
It's called pumping and dumping.
It's only a gamble if you didn't catch it right when it happens.
Also use common sense, never sell for less than you buy.
If you got fucked, just hold it.
Not like you'd ever use money that you don't mind losing.