Are o rings a meme?

are o rings a meme?

Thinking about putting a metal ring on my cock

>spending money on switches just to make them feel more like a membrane

ive seen the after math of that

it isnt worth it

They're really good at keeping hard drives and fans quiet

They're good at keeping liquids where they're supposed to be and not where they aren't

I got them bc my keyboard was really loud and I felt like it may have annoyed my roommate

NASA made the mistake of thinking o-rings were a meme once. Huuuuuge fuckup.

Meme

The ones in my ecig have been going strong for years

What type switch do you have..? They won't help blues b/c the actuation is louder than the bottoming out that dampeners reduce the volume of. But they're pretty noticable for browns and make a world of difference for linear or black switches.

On or in? There is a big difference.

enjoy the botnet

took them out of my keyboard the second I got it.

I use them on all keys except wasd and I can't feel or hear the difference.

The difference is very very small. But I got them very cheap from China who cares

I got some for my keyboard and I like them.
I bottom out my keys like a noob so they cushion the end nicely and dampen the sound a bit.

I don't think they help make me type any faster or anything but it's more about a feeling aspect than anything else for me. No it doesn't make my keyboard just like a membrane one, the switch mechanism is still in action.

Me too. About $1.20 shipped.

Razer Ornata Chroma

No, they are absolutely not a meme - but it depends on your keyboard and it's switches.

I use o-rings on my HyperX Allow with MX Brown switches because it's got a metal plate and they keys did make quite a bit of sound when I bottomed them out (less of a problem now that I've gotten used to brown switches, though). That keyboard is as good as silent now that I've put thick blue o-rings on it.

I'm guessing o-rings makes sense on reds and blacks too - but I prefer tactile so I don't own any.

If it makes sense to put o-rings on a keyboard with Cherry MX Blue is obviously an entirely different question. It's not like those switches will become quiet regardless of what you do with them. They do reduce the travel somewhat, though, so there's that.

Makes sense, off-the-shelf o-rings aren't that different from the rubber rings for harddrive trays that come with Fractal cases.

Your keyboard came with o-rings? I've honestly never seen a single one that did.

Yeah, o-rings are so cheap you might as well try them out and see if you like'em or not.

Does everyone get 10 spare o-rings?

I have a full size keyboard, Japanese key set, and I had 10 left over too.

I think so, 125 rings per package seems pretty standard. I guess that's good since they are pretty small and easy to lose?

What happens?

i thought these were used for castrating cattle and cucks

Yes

T. Kirk Johnson

One mechanical keyboards? Yes.

The o-rings you save might be your own.

>Autism:the post
Just put memerings on your keys that you bottom out frequently like your spacebar or backspace key.

You could just tie the condom base in a knot so it wont slipp off.

Jesus Christ why are those giant ear piercrings even a thing

>Some people I knew that had them have ripped ear laps now