New rig

Need some help with a new build of mine. Finding a specific case that does what I wish to accomplish.

To suit my needs, It needs to have One (1): 240 mm radiator space aka 2x 120 mm radiator spaces.

It also needs One (1): 280 mm radiator space for a whole radiator.

Pic related is what I want to do, I want to get 1080 ti's in SLI and the radiators preferably need to be mounted next to each other either in the front or the back.

Bonus points if there is such a case that allows 280 mm radiator in the front for the CPU and the two 120 mm radiators for the GPU in the back, both the front and the back intaking air and exhausting warm air out the top of the case.

Who here knows of such a magnificent case?

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.evga.com/GTX-980-Ti-Hybrid-Radiator-Location-m2348965.aspx
twitter.com/AnonBabble

install gentoo

I am already posting from my linux box

bamp

Corsair 900D should mount all the rads you need and all the ones you thought you didn't need as well. Corsair Crystal 570x if you want to make people blind with RGB.

bump

You should use all your rads as exhaust so you don't over heat your ram and mobo.

yeah but then negative airflow and dust and shiiieeeert

Whos PC is that? Why tf would they do that?

phanteks p400.

Just google'd this idiots PC and found his evga post on it. Please do this OP, be this stupid. forums.evga.com/GTX-980-Ti-Hybrid-Radiator-Location-m2348965.aspx

Whats wrong with the idea of SLI'ing two hybrids? I never said I wanted to do the exact same thing, i just wanted to have two hybrids in SLI.

naw fa m, you have to do exactly what that guy did or you're just a bitch.

Nah, i want to put the two 120 mm radiators for the hybrids actually mounted onto the case not just squeezed in between the foam like in that pic.

Judging by his picture and the length of those gpu aio coolers you could easily put those on the top part of the case and a lot of newer cases have 280mm rad mounts on the front. My 400c I'm using could easily do what you're wanting.

The corsair carbide 400 doesn't seem to have enough radiator clearance on the top fan slots between the motherboard etc.

I was looking at the evga dg-86 which was PERFECT for what I was looking for, but unfortunately it looks fucking ugly and there's no 5.5 inch bay for my spare pioneer BD multi..

I checked out the BeQuiet 900 full tower and it looks promising but i'm unsure i can mount two independent 120 mm rads next to each other.

Don't listen to these idiots, user.

I have 2x980Ti's Hybrids in an mATX case (less airflow than your OP pic).

They're literally sandwiched together.

I have 2 Noctuas pulling in air from the front (running at around 1000-1400 RPM)

The 2 GPU rads are mounted at the top as EXHAUST (i had to mod top of my Phanteks case).

The rear is EXHAUST with an H80i push/pull rad.

It works great and the max the GPUs go are 60-61c and the secondary one is around 57c on full load...and knowing 980Tis, which are literally space heaters, these temps are good.

One thing I would recommend is if you want to use m.2 then mount it far away from your GPUs if you have the option to. My m.2 runs at 72c but I have only one m.2 slot and it is sandwiched in between the GPUs.

So yeah totally doable, just make sure to get a proper case and don't have too much air coming in or hot air blowing with the rads as intake (exhaust is better).

Also make sure you have a nice seal going and you switch out any stock fans with either Noctuas, Gentle Typhoons or SilentWing3s (which is what I have). If you do this right, you can run these fans at low RPMs and keep things quiet and cool like I have.

Also I would recommend unplugging the Hybrid fans and directly connecting it to the mobo so you can control it with PWN in the BIOS. The eVGA fans suck and also they run at 100% speed all the time.

Good luck!

Also I can't stress enough getting all PWM fans. Either SilentWing3's or Noctua's (their static pressure is great). SilentWing3's you have to run them at a little higher RPM to get more airflow. Noctua's have amazing airflow in general. (no fans are not a meme!).

When you use PWM, you can lock in your RPMs in the BIOS and let it do its thing. When you boot up the fans will run at the speed they're set at.

If you do not get PWM fans, they are retarded when you turn on your computer. They run high then slow down.

So anyway, my $0.02 cents. It took me literally 6 months to figure everything out and now everything is silent and runs cool at the same time. It takes time to balance things out.

Thank you. I am thinking of getting the BeQuiet DARK BASE PRO 900 Case. Looking at the pic related, I can easily put the two hybrids at the top and put the 280 mm radiator for the CPU at the front, the CPU will be intaking and the hybrids will be exhausting.

Therefore, When in the future when I can get the m.2 drives I will have space in the bottom. Cheers! I will also get some better fans and change out the hybrid fans for the motherboard PWM headers.

pic related

If you like that case sure. Just make sure the top also has a large surface for exhaust and a decent dust filter.

My phanteks case literally had no ability to exhaust from top so I had to mod it and cut a hole at the top panel.

Also I would advise against having the cpu rad as intake. Just have it as exhaust in the rear. Have 2x140mm intake in front and have it run at decent speeds to get nice cold air in.

Remember good cooling happens when there’s enough cold air coming out and an equal amount of fans move hot air out. When there’s too much air coming in or there’s too much time that hot air stays in a case, this balance breaks.

Rafa get super hot and then need cold air to cool. That’s why they’re always better as exhaust.

You will have less problems than me with your case since you’re using atx and not Matx which made my system very limited in terms of how well I could cool it.

Also keep your cables and tubes tight to allow airflow.

Btw the h80i is a single slot 120mm double wide rad with push/pull method. I’m using it as exhaust and it’s fine. I even have my 6700k OC’d to 4.5Ghz and it keeps it very cool.

The key is to have good cool air coming in.