WHY IS RAM SO FUCKING EXPENSIVE?

Ram used to be dirty cheap. 16GB used to cost around 60 USD. Now it cost around 100+ USD. I was looking to upgrade to Ryzen but these Ram prices are keeping me from upgrading.

Other urls found in this thread:

press.trendforce.com/press/20161102-2677.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

dude storms lol

>WHY IS RAM SO FUCKING EXPENSIVE?
Because people buy it at the offered price.

becuz its ddr4 and your thinking of ddr3?

miners are buying up all rams
you need docile workforce for mining

Be happy you can even source it

Looks like you were looking for ECC + DDR4 memory
>Ram used to be dirty cheap. 16GB used to cost around 60 USD
That's still a fucking lot, at least in my eyes

Gook collusion.

>“At the same time, changes have occurred in the relationship among the top three suppliers – Micron, SK Hynix and Samsung,” Wu added. “Based on the oligopolistic market situation, the trio have opted for co-existence as the best way to maximize their own profitability. They therefore are turning away from aggressively competing for market share through price reduction and capacity expansion.”
>“In a sense, there a strategic aspect behind the latest wave of DRAM price increase,” said Wu. “In the short term, rising prices lift up margins for suppliers. In the long run, the barrier to keep Chinese competition out of the DRAM market is reinforced.”

press.trendforce.com/press/20161102-2677.html

So, literally what antitrust laws were created for. And people still believe in free market.

Because of DRAM and NAND flash shortages

t. Choi

If you can't afford another $30, maybe you don't need to buy anything.

For the government to act there needs to be proof of collusion between the companies.

>get hired
>find the emails
>send them to the fbi

Because technologies, even in China they're expensive as fuck

STFU kiddies.

RAM is still just fucking dirt as cheap unless you are getting high-density LR-DIMMs.

I used to remember that EDO SIMMs going for early 1990 going for $800 for 4MIB.

Eat shit poorfag

This isn't the first time. They're just playing smarter so they don't get caught. Yet.

A) Smartphones increasingly gobbling RAM means less supply for PCs
B) 3D NAND fabs are a massive investment, and are taking up substantial capital from the same people that produce RAM
C) Possible price fixing on the part of memory manufacturers

If you just notice the market rates and do nothing to change it then it's not collusion. Collusion means there's concrete coordination (planned) between companies. It may simply be that they feel comfortable with how the market is balanced. If you want to break it you should only but RAM from one company when you need it so there's pressure on the other manufacturers to compete again

I'd wager C is the only true reason

t. Park

Yi actually

I bought 2x4gb of hyper x fury, if I need 16 there are two slots to fuck with that later.

What are you even doing to warrant the use of so much ram?