Housefire-X

Housefire-X

videocardz.com/newz/intels-12-core-i9-7920x-features-2-9-ghz-base-clock

Did anyone expect anything more from this abortion of a architecture?

Not a surprise.

When they were so clearly blindsided and did a panic response product line. We already knew it would be retarded.

they are so fucked and they know it

DOA-X.

Wait for Coffee lake
Wait for Canonnlake
Wait for new architecture

Calling it now, 7980XE wont have a base clock higher than 2.4 at the absolute most, and will turbo like shit.

Throw in the pigeonshit thermal material, and it will be the housefire to end all housefires.

Slower than this?

DELET pls.

>core i9 FX thermal throttle nuclear meltdown edition

Most likely. Xeons get cream of the crop silicon, enthusiasts get the rejects. Crappier silicon + shitty thermal material = slower and hotter.

Enterprise is getting jew goo too.
HEDT will be hotter parts, might even throttle to under 2.7ghz without TIM replacement - but they'll certainly be able to get there in the end.

It's hilarious that AMD has undercut Intel by a whole $2359 though. (1920X vs Xeon Gold 6150 pricing)

>Enterprise is getting jew goo too.
Source?

I think they're doing their Threadripper and Epyc prices that low simply as a "Fuck you" to Intel. Intel's monolithic dies are expensive, and they cant cut prices (ha) to counter.

As for the cumpaste, IIRC the only ones getting the actual solder are the dies installed on the 3600+ pin package, as their heatspreaders have the vent holes for the flux fumes.

Just google it dude.
Epyc is raping the shit out of intel's entire Xeon lineup, and intel have released marketing slides written by Sup Forums shitposters since it's so bad.

Yeah but I though for sure Purley Xeons are still soldered.

Xeons are the only parts where solder isn't needed, because Xeons are low clocked and don't approach forestfire temps.
So in fact it's better to use the more temperature and time stable TIM over solder.

For everything else solder is better.

This can't be real. Why would Intel risk releasing this if the competition is priced lower and clocked higher? They rather save the humiliation and skip this round. Come back when they have something comparable.

They have to respond to the competition

They can't now. If they hadn't rushed to announce these parts before knowing what they could actually put out they could have saved themselves the embarrassment, but to back out of releasing them now would be to admit that they can't compete with AMD.

If Intel couldn't predict TR at these clocks I don't know what to say, _I_ and plenty others predicted that TR would be two 1700X dies, how can Intel not?

Intel marketing are still stuck in the 1990s thinking that HEDT market still matters.

They never intended on releasing 7920-7980XE. It was supposed to go only up to 7900X but "mah core" epenis race forced to them to sale high-core count/low-clockspeed "Xeon rejects" to save "ego/prestige".

Halo products having the performance crown leads to an effect on the entire lineup, just look at Nvidia 1060 and 970 outselling Polaris and Hawaii 5 to 1

DOA

No, it is because 1060 and 970 are solid deals my friend.

The halo effect means shit for the most part. This isn't the 1990s and early 2000s.

The 970 sold well because it was cheap and overclocked almost up to stock 980 clocks

Solid deals outsell AMD's equivalent cards 1 to 5?

Yes, since nvidia's mindshare is 5 times as higher.

So AMD shouldn't even bother even it had a better product?

ATi had a brand and presence in video cards, AMD does not and AMD's at fault for abolishing the ATi branding

>ATi had a brand and presence in video cards
Ha ha no 8800 basically killed whatever mindshare ATi had left.

ATi came closest to Nvidia(in marketshare) with Terascale, everything after that was AMD

No, ATi marketshare dropped as soon as Thermi was launched.
Though Cypress gave them a healthy boost for half a year.

That 2009>2010 was all R700 and Evergreen

And then Thermi launched and it dropped like a wet puddle.
user you can't fight nvidia in gaymen market.
It's pointless.
970 alone gave nvidia more marketshare than entire Evergreen family gave it to AMD.