Has anyone else figured out how to make plex correctly scan folders...

has anyone else figured out how to make plex correctly scan folders? I have lots of stuff that isnt being shown in my plex library. I'm glad the fucking server is working at least, its been acting fucky for a week.

Other urls found in this thread:

support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/categories/200028098-Media-Preparation
$plexIP:32400/library/sections/1/refresh
$plexIP:32400/library/sections/2/refresh
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

also what is the closest thing to MP3Tag for video files?

it needs to follow the naming scheme otherwise it won't be picked up.

support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/categories/200028098-Media-Preparation

Mkvtoolnix for individual files
Maybe you can try ffmpeg?

works great for me. what problems are you having?

its not scanning recently added files, the official forums arent worth a damn, since you post anything, one of their people says post logs and marks it as solved.

neither one are really what im looking for, as a metadata editor.

Why the fuck do so many people use plex?

>costs money
>sends tons of spam written in friendly hipster bro prose

it works with the roku that came with my tv, my nephews PS3, and the 360.

once amazon has firesticks on sale again, ill switch. amazon day wasnt for shit this year

what will you switch to? Kodi?

maybe, i tried emby but it has some weird quirks too. is kodi shit too?

i just want a server that works with no having to nigger rig it every update, and shows all my files. plex free isnt bad, its just that when it goes sideways, it doesnt work at all. I'm not a guy with baby duck syndrome, i'll use what works the best, but i got other people using it who dont want to fuck with shit to make it work.

Works perfectly on my media server, what problems do you have?

>Why the fuck do so many people use plex?
it's actually a media server like one should be

>costs money
no? you really want those kidde features? I don't even let mine go online

>sends tons of spam written in friendly hipster bro prose
again, no, just don't be a dumbass

I just like Kodi because it has this plugin called PseudoTV Live that lets your create your own TV channels and program them. It lets me recreate the awesome channel surfing experience of the 90s.

it doesnt show certain specific folders and files, like they are invisible to it, even after renaming them, moving them, trying to make a new section.

that and the server has been crashing and has the cannot connect to server notice on my roku and 360.

that does sound like fun.

what OS?

both windows and linux.

i had my externals with all the goodies on them and the 1TB internal on the Debian first, then afterwards i hooked it all up to my windows

I know there's some bug on freebsd and that feature doesn't work, but it works on linux. I don't know about windows. what you can do is to trigger a script that refreshes all the sections after each download, like this:

curl $plexIP:32400/library/sections/1/refresh
curl $plexIP:32400/library/sections/2/refresh
etc.

google will help you find your section numbers.

Did you update the library after adding new files?

yep. it instantly pops up that it scanned all files. i have a lot of files in that tv folder.

Did you follow the naming scheme? Even my edgy anime that uses characters out of utf8 gets scand and listed.

It's fucking obscenely stupid. Using the shit for a year and it's still a shocking disappointment.

Why use Plex when FOSS alternatives that don't phone home and require always online like Emby exist?

This, if that fails put it in your home movies folder and i'll show up then.

Use filebot for batch renaming. Otherwise just trick the system, for instance any random shit I download gets out into "Netflix specials" with S01Exx naming

This. I just watch everything locally and don't even have an official account

I tried to use plex a few years ago. I guess I had installed the media server on a computer and never turned it off. Realized that all my roommates were streaming my library. Never went back. Kodi is fine or just network folders + VLC or SMPlayer