/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Headphone purchase advice:
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.

If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in >Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread -

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2PdUODjLvJk?t=14s
amazon.co.uk/Beyerdynamic-Custom-One-Plus-Headphone/dp/B00PK2LJ4E/
amazon.co.uk/POO-Over-Ear-Headphones-Assorted-Colors-Blue/dp/B015V663AI
youtube.com/watch?v=ymNFyxvIdaM
amazon.com/Etymotic-Research-ETY-Kids5-Safe-Listening-Earphones/dp/B005TOV0OM
hifimediy.com/sabre-dac-uae23
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Budget
$50
>Location
India
>Source
PC, Android Tablet, iPhone 7
>Type of headphone
Over the ear
>Open or closed
Closed with ANC (ANC optional)
>Comfort level
High, expect to be using them for long periods
>Sound signature
Neutral with a touch of bass
>Past headphones
None
>Anything else
Looking for cans that I can use unplugged and with cable when the battery dies out. I'd really appreciate not having to pause my music if I need to stretch or move around every now and then. Like I stated above, ANC is optional, but bluetooth is a must because muh iPhone.

>Budget
Less than $1000 preferably
>Location
UK
>Source
Motherboard audio (not joking)
>Type of headphone
Over ears
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
I wear them like 8 hours a day so pretty high
>Sound signature
Whatever a HD650 or HD800 sounds like
>Past headphones
HD650 (love), HD800 (love), HD700 (shit)
>Anything else
I like Snapheisers but I can't be dealing with open headphones anymore, need a closed alternative.

>no anime
wtf?

>2017
>Using Sennheiser HD 600

>cable cannot be removed
KEK

Idol trash here,
What's your setup like, user?

what

I ask this because I am Shiva, destroyer of headphones. So far I've ruined 3 Sennheisers, 2 JVC, 2 Sony and a pair of Koss.

>>still memeing beyersremorse

yea sure..

Comfort: HD800
Build: Elear

How do these Sennheiser HD414s compare to Koss PortaPro / KSC75s? Just wondering if hpg tried the rare 414s.

Best USB powered dac/amp for portable and desktop use?

What's the second best headphone behind the Beyerdynamic T1?

p-pls respond

The Beyerdynamic T1 doesn't even cost $50,000
youtu.be/2PdUODjLvJk?t=14s

DT 1770 Pro or k872 are the best options for high end closed back headphones if you're adamant about not using a dac/amp

>second best behind some beyer
False premise.

I get stressed out just looking at all that gear and cabling for minimal unnoticeable gains.

>All this shit talk between babydynamic and shitheiser while I enjoy my MDR like a grown up.

What's the second best headphone behind the Sennheiser HD600?

>"If sold, they would be priced near $4000."

>DT 1770 Pro
They have a single sided cable though and those piss me off.

>$65000 system
>in a $5000 unconditioned sound-wise room

damn pleb poorfags
you need at the least a $20000 sound functioning room to get proper sound and thats pennypinching

What about the random camera lying inconspicuously on the table

What's the sine wave shit do
Also why does he spend so much on big fat fucking cables and big boxes and then proceeds to pipe it down a lousy small tube amp

>What's the sine wave shit do
Audiophool power conditioner

>and then proceeds to pipe it down a lousy small tube amp
The box behind the laptop is the second part of it

>Tubes
>Audiophile placebo shit

Electrostatics need a lot more power than what you can get from an opamp.

>Sennshills listening to +0.2db of treble

>placebo shit
>worse sound
>more distortion
>muh warmth

This is accurate
one time I saw a guy playing drums and he hit those two metal discs together and the next thing I know I was in a hospital with deafening tinnitus

HD580

>Budget
$200
>Location
UK
>Source
PC, Ipad, Iphone
>Type of headphone
Over the ear
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Planning on getting these for a 12 hour flight so high
>Sound signature
Whatever a Audio-Technica ATH-M40X sounds like
>Past headphones
Audio-Technica ATH-M40X

HD 6xx

I wanted to get a pair of bluetooth headphones because I've never had one before. Got a Sony mdr-100ABN. Did I do any good? So far I don't really have complaints except for quite a bit of sound leakage and how I can hear a bit of wind while using NC outside. Didn't encounter any lag so far. Only used it with aptX-supporting devices though. Inb4 somebody says mdr100x, fuck that touch to silence gesture, seems really annoying. Also it literally breaks by itself.

How does the ATH-AD900x compare to the ATH-AD700 from a comfort standpoint?

Go on, suggest something better than HD 6xx for $200

amazon.co.uk/Beyerdynamic-Custom-One-Plus-Headphone/dp/B00PK2LJ4E/

>closed

>falling for the closed meme

>misread post
>oh shit gotta cover my ass

You've earned this

>Compairing ear piercing highs to rape
Rape doesn't hurt that much.

This looks pretty good, thanks user

Little out of my price range. Seems pretty good if I ever get the money tho

>falling for the Beyerdynamics meme

Are you the resident funposter?

Maybe. I've been called a Beyershill and a Sennshill at the same time in the past.

Here you go senpai amazon.co.uk/POO-Over-Ear-Headphones-Assorted-Colors-Blue/dp/B015V663AI

Some user please help.
RRREEEEEEEE

>literally called POO
Which is muddier, shitheisers or these?

i need some guidance i own a pair of ath-m50x and love them but i want to try something new, something more dynamic and rich with out it costing me and arm and leg. a friend mentioned the grado headphones. dose Sup Forums have any better suggestions?

use the template you dumb fuck

Not this shit again please. user-kun, how could you do this to your own senpai?

>Budget :200$ max
>Location : usa
>Source ipod video 5.5 with the wolfson dac/rockbox/ a fiio a3 mini amp
>Type of headphone: full
>Open or closed:either
>Comfort level: pretty comfy something that wont hurt to wear for awhile
>Sound signature Netural but i wanted to try something new
>Past headphones: ath mo50x, koss porta pros and kc06a IEM

Try these
ipipoo.com

Beyer Custom One Studio/DT 770 Pro for V shaped closed

DT 990 for v shaped open + extra bright

>listening to youtube mp3 rips of linkin park on my HD800's plugged into onboard audio

>linkin park
>not Bomfunk MC's
I'm having an eargasm from the early 2000's MP3 hiss and compression artifacts.
youtube.com/watch?v=ymNFyxvIdaM
This is how music is meant to be listened too.

Fiio e17k gud?

some time ago some dudes discussed here about 20 bucks in ear headphones which should be really good.
Which are the best I can get for cheap? Should be below 50 bucks. If below 30 thats a ++.
I dont need no good, just comfy for portable use

Panasonic Ergoshit RP-HJE125 or whatever they are called are top tier for the pennies they cost.

>>Sup Forumscsg
If the memes are to be believed your best options for

amazon.com/Etymotic-Research-ETY-Kids5-Safe-Listening-Earphones/dp/B005TOV0OM

Thanks. I'll just try them.
I guess it doesnt even matter much, but was worth a question kek
good meme

>he doesn't know the voltage requirements for electrostats make tubes a compelling option

you guys agree that youtube/128kbps mp3 fucking sucks, right? it might depend on the music genre but yeah.

is the general opinion here that 320kbps mp3 is sufficient? (assuming it was ripped correctly from a CD or w/e and not resampled from 128kbps or some bullshit)

thoses look nice! say i wanted to spend less like 100/150 what would be recommended

I got some speaker monitors for free. If I listen to music on them will they be better or worse that the terrible 20$'s at a yard sale speakers I allready have?

sorry. STUDIO monitors.

I have the beyerdynamic dt770 and audio technica ath-m50x both cost kinda the same and both are fuckin great in my opinion.
I like the audio technica a little bit more, but they are both really good. If you have a store close to you, then just prelisten them.

PS: I am no audiophile fag and am a fuckin pleb.

though the audio technica sit a lil bit tighter. You gotta like that.
If you hate that then the dt770 or something else would be your choice

>DT770

better probably. might take some getting used to though

HD579 or SHP9500
>DT770, DT990
These are terrible headphones.

would my A3 dac be enough to power them to there full with out fear of blowing?
A friend of mine is telling me that buying the 250 Ohm version is just wasting power and i could blow them

Grados like the SR80 are cheap, don't need an amp but have a very coloured, warm, V shaped, punchy sound signature with great mid presentation and an immediate soundstage.
They're very subject to your taste in sound signature; most people eithe love them or hate them. If you're looking for something more exciting they're worth looking into.

Grados are uncomfortable and there's no reason to buy the SR80 over the SR60.

Complete retard here, I want to upgrade from my shitty gayman headset to an actual pair of headphones, looking at the ATH AD700x because muh games, but also the AKG K612 Pro, Sennheiser HD558 and Beyerdynamic DT990s. I do also play guitar and have a usb audio interface (focusrite scarlett) because of that, but I only use it for my guitar atm.

Would it be a safe assumption to make that the audio quality out of the audio interface would be better than whats on board on my pc? I'm currently thinking that I could pick up a decent xlr mic and just use the interface as my sound card?

Do you guys think this would work ok or would I get better bang for my buck if I bought a dac/amp combo and ran the headphones through that and just used a usb mic for example?

Also considering I'm prioritising open back cans with great soundstages, what do you think of the choices I've been looking at thus far? Haven't bought anything yet so still very much open to suggestions.

Satania a cute. A cute!!

>literally treble rape

alright thank you ill look more into the DT770 pros

You'll be deaf before they blow up. You're fine.

DT770 are shit m8. The treble sounds extremely harsh and will cause listening fatigue quickly. If you must buy Beyerdynamic get Custom Studios or DT250 80 ohm instead, as they lack treble rape.

The AKG K612 Pro is the best of your list but you'll need a substancial amp. The focusrite scarlett 2i2 headphone amp is weak as far as amps go.

K612 if you're willing to buy a DAC and a Magni 2, HD579 if you are not. Avoid the absolutely terrible DT990.

So is multibit a real deal or a meme?

It might be technically better but it isn't audibly better.

Cheers for the info, it's actually a 2i4 but I'm actually pretty sure the headphone amp on it would be the same for all models so your point still stands.
Cool, would the modi2 and magni 2 combo be the most cost effective way of powering the k612? I'm not against the idea of getting a dac and amp, but I'd prefer not to spend hundreds of euroshekels if I can help it. Is the K612 better than the ATH AD700X? I know it has a reputation for being extremely easy to drive and really great for fps games.

Magni 2 + hifimediy.com/sabre-dac-uae23 would be most cost effective way of driving K612. Use a 3.5mm stereo to RCA male adapter to connect them.
AD700X has no bass. K612 is significantly better, as is HD579.

>So is multibit a real deal or a meme?
tl;dr It's nothing you need to concern yourself over.

"Multibit" isn't at all better. Presents many disadvantages for no tangible benefit.