Why isn't lineageOS providing a recovery?

Why isn't lineageOS providing a recovery?

Other urls found in this thread:

twrp.me/devices/wileyfoxswift.html
wiki.lineageos.org/devices/crackling/install
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because that's what fucking TWRP is for?

/thread

but it doesn't work, what now?

Probably because it's shit.

Doesnt work with what exactly?

if you don't have twrp support you sure as hell doesn't have cyanogen/lineage support

>2017
>still fucking around with android and custom roms
nigga wat

Upboated

I'm on cm 13 with cm recovery.
>tried lineage update
>signature error
>tried twrp app
>want's permission to access contacts
>requires download of image, can't use predownloaded
>it's shit, trying flashing via fastboot
>flashed ok
>recovery mode doesn't work
>try again
>still doesn't work
>flash previous twrp version
>same
>re-flashing cm 13 recovery
>no lineage os for me it seems

This guy only got 13cm

what phone do you have user?

wileyfox swift (crackling) thread pic

I hope nobody In this thread is actually as retarded as this post

you could try flashing CWM recovery, even if inferior to TWRP

>CWM recovery
I haven seen on built for my phone, I think.

>no recovery for me
twrp.me/devices/wileyfoxswift.html
>no lineage os for me
wiki.lineageos.org/devices/crackling/install

op, you're kinda retarded,
other people did it, probably you could too if you care to read and follow some instructions

>is it me?
>check twrp xda thread
>nope, isn't me

dunno, try installing TWRP via Flashify or some other app like that, maybe you'll get somewhere

[spoiler]or just get a better phone for modding[/spoiler]

When does lineageos supports more tablets? The current supported device list is kinda embarrassing. I though android is based on linux, so why aren't the board manufacturers open sourcing their pajeet drivers?

nah, I'm not messing more with it than I already did.

The irony, I bought this phone because it was cyanogen os and with that cyanogenmod supported out of the box. With that in theory also any other ROM that at that time used cyanogenmod codebase. In theory even Ubuntu touch or something. With Snapdragon soc and the freedreno driver the chances of loading a real linux distro to it are also quite good.

Sadly other than cyanogenmod there actually haven't been any other rom maker supporting it.

Cyanogenmod is dead. Great, so much for "better phone".

ive got a little problem with my lineage tablet
it flashed fine, with twrp, but root access doesnt work properly
i flashed the su.zip from the lineage website, and enabled root access for apps from the developer options, but when i open up the terminal and type 'su', it says that it cant find the binary. i dont know what the hell's up with it, it works fine on my phone.
the device is a samshit galaxy tab 2 10.1
any of you guys having similar problems?

I tell you once I got lineage os insta.... oh, right. I can't.

you could try Paranoid Android, if you find an unofficial port (i don't think that phone is supported from the PA team)

but don't that turd already have the latest android version? I'm reading it got 7.1.1

well, 7.1.1 (and other roms of that level) seem to require a twrp recovery which doesn't work and lineage os doesn't provide it's own recovery. game over.

you should have bought a Nexus 5X like i did

bought the best phone in my price class after considering many thing. I don't regret buying it.

>I don't regret
Believe me, you will.

Nope. The phone did nothing wrong, and neither did I. If anything I'll just hate on android pajeets more than I already do. After this I'll just exit the smartphone madness. I won't buy another one.

Why are you using TWRP app,
just install it with adb.

why are you asuming I didn't?

Hijacking this thread. Recently got my first smartphone, a nexus 5. I'm more or less happy but don't like that I can't uninstall the default apps which eat quite a lot of already limited storage and I can't stop play services from consuming mobile data. I think I need google play because of a handful of apps, though most programs I got from F-droid. Should I bother rooting and/or installing LineageOS?

That's 5cm longer than me. ;_;

>Green PCB
>Sim and SD held in by plastic casing
What is this, 2006?
Bought a phone the same as my current one, fuck me the bloat. Almost couldn't be fucked downgrading, bootloader unlocking, installing twrp, upgrading, rooting, then removing all the shit
You are completely right user

>2006
My N900 is 2009....
what are you going on about anyway. Next you'll make a fuss about having a headphone jack.

>buy lagdroid
>forced to mess around with pajeet custom roms if you want more than one update

>couldn't be fucked
there's no need to justify your stupidity and technical incompetence on an anonymous forum

I've already spent 20 minutes downgrading, spending 10 setting up android and copying the bootloader unlocker, then another 10 installing twrp, then 20 minutes upgrading, then five more to root, then five more to remove bloat. If I worked for that long I could just buy a fucking iPhone. My time is precious, maybe I'll just swap out the batteries.
It would be nice if I could do a direct NAND transfer, maybe I'll look into that.

Can I use f2fs on /data with the latest Lineage ROM?

Muh two year old zenfone 2 literally got an update a week ago. I'd have moved on to another rom if I didn't like it so bloody much.
But also >Forced to mess around with pajeet custom roms if you want less than half your storage taken up by shit-to-remove bloat

i use f2fs with lineageos here, using official, though

I found out we need to have both /data and /cache on f2fs, it doesn't like to mix and match

my cache is ext4

That's weird then. I just switched the cache to f2fs and it flashed straight away. Didn't change anything else.

>having different hobbies than mine is a sin
nigga wat?

Anyone on F2FS who can report it being noticeably faster than ext4?

I'm on f2fs. It's not faster than ext, it's about the same.

It's ridiculously smoother on my Nexus 7 2012. Thinking about converting my Nexus 6 now.

fucking retard

fag

Placebo, this guy's right (should be faster, but it's not noticeably and you might get into other issues because it's not fully supported)

Buy a well supported smartphone that isn't marketed towards hipsters. Never had twrp issues and I had it on my Galaxy S4, some cheap LG phone, Galaxy S7, and Op3t. Hopefully this will reach you not to fall for the market gimmicks

>market gimmicks
the fuck are you talking about? nobody can know what "well supported" even means these days. support can drop anytime for anything.

Actually from my perspective you didn't say anything but some random brand names. The rest of your text is simply without relation or content. buzzwordy.

Popular phones that are sold by bigger companies.

and?

If you buy one of those (and assuming that they are dev friendly), you will not be making this thread right now

do you have a fucking list of all the devs that signed up to support unknown phones in the future? no, you don't. if anything you hope what you say is true and supressing your fears, justifiying paying more than somebody else and completly ignoring that you know nothing and can do nothing. stop projecting your low self esteem on someone else. read the fucking thread again and at least try to understand what was written. if you feel bad after this post, deal with it or better just shut the fuck up.

AHAHAHAH

KILL YOURSELF RETARD OP

use the fastboot boot command to boot into the recovery after you installed it.
you need to go into the recovery BEFORE you boot up android.
Stock android will overwrite your recovery with Stock recovery by boot.
fastboot boot boot.img or something like this

fastboot doesn't seem to support "boot into recovery". I did prevent loading android and tried to get into recovery first but no sucess. I didn't run stock anyway but cm13.

Are you ok man? It's pretty easy to figure out what phones are gonna be popular. Any Galaxy phone, any Moto phone, or any OnePlus phone. You do the have to pay $700+ to get a well supported device.

The fact is that you got some shitty unknown phone from an unknown company. The phone barely had any buyers so there is little to no incentive for anyone to bother develop for it.

actually it seems like it does, just not after installing it.

that's basically the same nonsense as before. you know what? Let's asume it's true what you say. I will never again buy any smartphone and congratulate you. The world in which you live in, you earned it.

I'm telling your dumbass to buy a Moto g or some shit next time. Jesus Christ are you really this dense? Moto G is popular, cheap, and won't have any of the problems you described.

And I told you there is no way of knowing whenever the support will be continuous or not. You hope it is so and maybe you're lucky too and it is but anything can happen. Even if you're really sure you're right, you're not.

You have a swift, how stable is LineageOS nightly on it? Stuck on cm and don't want to update my phone to some buggy pos

>actually getting a bootlooping phone with shitdragon 808 and shit battery and being proud of it
>not getting a redmeme note 3 or note 4 or other better phones
LMAOing at your life

Because it's too much work?

>pic related
those are things to be include in the build next week.

Ah, so not quite ready then yet. I'll wait for a snapshot release

>tfw no lineageos for marmite
fuck me

I guess you'll wait for a very long time then. Those "nightly" are actually "weekly" and releases too. There is no more big stable releases, or at least that's what I heard.

manufacturers can provide driver binaries without providing source code. They're only forced to release the code if they use open source code to make the drivers.

They aren't releasing stable?? Is there a post where they say this? That's disappointing :(

I have LOS on a Tab s2 and its great

There are benchmarks to show it's not placebo

I am so sorry user.

>cwm
this isnt 2012

Flashed LineageOS yesterday on my OP3 coming from CM13 sultanxda. Had to flash new firmware before being able to flash lineage.

Also flashed Magisk for systemless root, the builtin ruithider for selected apps allows me to use BlackBerry work, which normally detects you have root and then shuts down.

OP here. Actually it really was my fault this time (see pic).

Just kill yourself, worthless shitskin.

Yes, based on your words yes you should. Not rooting your phone is like running Windows without administrator rights