Muh Gaymen

>Skylake-X
>7800X 6C/12T
>Almost equal to Ryzen 1600X
>3.5/4.0 vs 3.6/4.0

Given that Gaming is one of the domains Intel still has left, what will happen if Coffee Lake uses their new bingbus?

Other urls found in this thread:

computerbase.de/2017-07/core-i-ryzen-ddr4-ram-benchmark/2/#diagramm-performancerating-frametimes-1920-1080
videocardz.com/70978/intel-preparing-multiple-6-core-coffee-lake-cpus
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Who gives a fuck about 5 FPS?

Give me a link to this bench

it looks like it is from computerbase.de

computerbase.de/2017-07/core-i-ryzen-ddr4-ram-benchmark/2/#diagramm-performancerating-frametimes-1920-1080

It's from today

>muh arabic

Shintel BTFO

Coffeelake uses the old bingbus.
It works for

intel fanbois

So after months of shitposting it turns out 10 core Broadwell-E is the best gaming CPU?

No, 1600 or 7700k is.

if you dont care about price and buying a dead socket for less than 1% better FPS, sure

4% better

>95,9 is 4% better than 94,7

>dead socket

Prettty irrelevant when there's unlikely to ever be anything much, if any better than the 6950X released for the current "live" sockets.

zen+ will use same socket and why are you ruling out the new intel sockets?

it's fucking retarded to buy broadwell-e even today because x299 exists if you're that kind of stupid

>what will happen if Coffee Lake uses their new bingbus?
It won't, it's just Kaby Lake with moar cores and less clocks.

zen+ is cancelled
zen2 and zen3 will use AM4

But Skylake-X has worse performance than Broadwell-E in gaming scenarios AND many work-related scenarios. Plus it uses twice the power. Why would anybody choose a 7900X over a 6950X?

>Why would anybody choose a 7900X over a 6950X?
Why would anybody choose a 7900X over a 1950X?

point still stands

it will be faster for max another year. it's dead socket.

Gaming performance. Which is the subject at hand.

>it will be faster for max another year
It will be faster than the 7900X until the end of time. It will use half the power of the 7900X until the end of time. It will require air cooling with a moderate overclock compared to a custom water loop at stock until the end of time.

Only a complete moron would buy X299, because you're essentially praying that the next set of chips released for it aren't as garbage as the current ones. And in the meantime, you get to use an underperforming housefire.

>dead socket
What's your point, caller? By the time the 6950X becomes irrelevant (many, many years into the future), it will have more than justified itself, and there'll be something much better than a Skylake-X housefire or prototype Ryzen to replace it with.

It will be faster than the 7900X until the end of time. It will use half the power of the 7900X until the end of time.
>implying there arent coming new products next year
>Only a complete moron would buy X299
only an equally dumb moron would buy broadwell-e today

and i never said to buy intel, mainly because amd is the winner in the cpu market this generation.

no one
thats the point

You're equally stupid if you buy Threadripper before its been out for half a year to a year.
>Ryzen launch has tons of issues and frequent BIOS updates
>Skylake X launch has tons of issues and frequent BIOS updates
Consumers are just beta testers for enterprise now, expect TR launch to be a shitshow as well. Broadwell E is more stable and any bugs are already known. If you're buying a $1000 CPU you probably use it for something useful so buying a new platform is too risky. AMD won't be really relevant until 2018 or 2019 when Zen 2 comes out, current Ryzen owners were just beta testers.

Threadripper is two Zeppelin dies in one package.
All the issues have already been sorted out.

The only reason Skylake-X launch was a mess because Intel pulled it a full quarter+ in earlier than expected AND added 10+ core SKUs in it.

Mobo makers were not prepared, we've known about the TR platform since late April

As far as I remember, Threadripper comes with a newer stepping than what's in Ryzen. On top of that, most BIOS fixes Ryzen got should apply to TR. There'll be quirks I'm sure, but far fewer.

Is coffee lake going to be a power hungry housefire like the i9s are? A six core CPU with kaby lake level single core performance (or better) sounds really good for me since I have a 144hz monitor.

Have a wild guess why the entire CFL-S lineup has miserable base clocks.

If CFL clocks high as Kaby and has TIM it's gonna be a really good chip.

You're probably looking at 250W+ overclocked.
On a smaller die than skylake-X, and probably even worse TIM and heatspreader

videocardz.com/70978/intel-preparing-multiple-6-core-coffee-lake-cpus

The clocks are way lower. They need to keep it under 95w and it will definitely be using the same garbage TIM as before. It's looking to be a $350 1600X with worse thermals.

No, it's smaller die with less uncore and less fucking L2. And no vector units to hog power for no reason.

The 6950X was, to be fair, $700 more expensive.

The uncore doesn't get that hot to matter, you're still looking at close to those figures if you look at overclocked 7700k power draws

You still have a small die and jewcum, and a single core pulling 40W, physics are a bitch.

Unless you DON'T overclock, but who the fuck would buy any Intel chips unless you don't plan to overclock?
It's practically a 1600X at stock and costs more

7800k has an all core turbo of 4.0GHz, compared to 3.7 for the 1600X.

some X299 motherboards actually push another 200-300MHz on the all core turbo by stock as well