RIP IN PIECE VEGA

RIP IN PIECE VEGA

Other urls found in this thread:

gamersnexus.net/guides/2990-vega-frontier-edition-undervolt-benchmarks-improve-performance
tomshardware.de/vega-benchmarks-workstation-leistungsaufnahme-gaming,testberichte-242375.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What?

>Graph shows Vega was targeting the 1080
>It performs on par with the 1080

Ok.jpg

AMD is based

>just $50 cheaper than the 1080 while performing the same and using more watts

ayyyyyyyy

>targeting 1080
>smokes full gp102 in everything but fillrate-bound stuff (due to 96 ROPs of gp102)
?

>just (insert number I pulled out of my ass) cheaper

If you didn't watch the presentation you should not make opinions.

Am I reading that chart right and we won't see a full Vega stack until 2018?

Yes, since Vega11 is later.
Probably Q1 2018.

So Vega is just an abortion. Got it. Navi better be something special. And it's not looking like it will be.

You mean on par with 1080 in 5 DX12 games. On par with 1070 in every Goyworks or DX11 title.

>smokes full gp102 in geometry
>problems with goyworks
?
This is shitposting.

This is corporate damage control.

What?
Launching another die for mainstream is corporate damage control?

Vega is garbage. Navi will be garbage because it is based on Vega.

And I'm shitposting for pointing that out? Meanwhile you have to suck AMDs dick hard enough to get gold out of the 250w abortion thatbis Vega.

Navi = MCM GPUs.

>Vega is garbage
>smokes years of nvidia's effort to perfect geometry througtput
?

MCM GPUs based on Vega architecture. So you're going to have four low power Vega 11s on a single interface. And since Vega is pure garbage Navi is going to have 4 garbage chips putting out housefire garbage.

Congratulations on conservative rasterization. Now why am I supposed to be impressed when it consumes 70 more watts?

>conservative rasterization has anything to do with MUCH higher geometry throughtput
?
You seem asshurt.
But yes Vega supports Feature Level 12_1.

Do you not understand what conservative rasterization is and it's impact on geometry throughput?
The only thing I'm ass hurt about is Vega is a pile of shit.

Haha, Vega roasts 4,5k$ quadro. Wonder why this graph isn't shown more.

>So you're going to have four low power Vega 11s on a single interface
And this is bad, how? gamersnexus.net/guides/2990-vega-frontier-edition-undervolt-benchmarks-improve-performance

navi will just be a more efficient version of pascal, they are intel pre ryzen vega will be targeting the 1080 they are in the clear

the first navi card will be on par wtih a 1080 ti but cheaper

sorry not navi mean volta

the top of that stack is GP100 and GV100, not GP102.

These are not consumer thingies and GV100 will have GF100-tier yields anyway.

>muh cherry pick

tomshardware.de/vega-benchmarks-workstation-leistungsaufnahme-gaming,testberichte-242375.html

Why does this non Sup Forums "tech" board shill amd's piece of shit failures. There's plenty of exciting manufacturers like nvidia, fujitsu, graphcore, and even intel are actually bringing new innovations to the market. Shilling is the only conclusion I'm able to come to when I see AMD mentioned here.

>meme learning
Ha. This is funny.

b-but it's not for video games, c-child! go back to v-vu-vuh-vee!

>Ha. This is funny
AMD SMT, or a shitty implementation of HBM is more exciting to you?

Anything is more exciting than meme learning or self-crashing cars.

They invented HBM so yeah. They're the pioneers of it

ANOTHER MASSIVE DISSAPOINTMENT

>Anything is more exciting than meme learning or self-crashing cars.
It must be since you tards only talk about a crap company who hyperthreads 8 years later, or releases a gpu that is almost competetive in the low end consumer space like it's amazing.

Wow you're angry.
Yes, anything is more exciting than fucking meme learning.

>They invented HBM
Works better on an nvidia card. Hynix did most the work, and AMD was quick to overmeme thier contribution.

480/580 still fucks the 1060 in the ass in the low end consumer space.
AMD's SMT implementation is better than currrent Intel HT, despite being the first generation of SMT.

>Works better on an nvidia card.
Wat.

>Intel still realizing his company is about to get anally reamed
Intel's not even in the same bracket of innovation as Nvidia so why even bring it up? It's a dinosaur that just eats up small labs and eventually kills them. Most of the stuff they do even fails or is just rehashing old and abandoned ideas pushed into the market by subsidizing it in an act of questionable practices.

>Wow you're angry.
Annoyed mostly at how a shit company like AMD is overepresented on this board.

>AMD
>shit company

>Wat
Oh you didn't know?

>nvidia
>innovation
?
Their last "innovation" was GPGPU and it's still a meme. Literally a meme company.

>the first navi card will be on par wtih a 1080 ti but cheaper

>480/580 still fucks the 1060 in the ass in the low end consumer space.
I'd pick the 1060 useable hardware acceleration in software.

>AMD
>shit company
AMD = half assed hardware memed hard with no software to take advantage of the slim advantages of AMD hardware.

(You) are trying a little bit too hard, pal.

Prove me wrong, friend.

Wrong retard. Joe Macri, vice chairman of JEDEC and who helped design previous GDDR standards, and his internal team developed HBM. Hynix was a partner in bringing the standard to market. HBM is an AMD design and they were the ones who contributed it to JEDEC. If you actually knew anything about tech you would've known who Joe Macri and the work he's done. You're just some dumb shill getting paid peanuts to shitpost

Nvidia are the current kings of coprocessors.

>coprocessors
>COprocessors
That's the point.
These are really-really niche.

Hynix designed while AMD slapped their name along with it (they live eiding coat tails), and Marci approved for jedec.
>Wrong retard.
Fuck you, and your "favorite" company.

user please stop.

>COprocessors
>These are really-really niche.
Hey dickpolisher if I told you that GPUs are "coprocessors" would you go back to just modderating that gay shit leddit forum?

Infinity Fabric is about 10 times more interesting than anything Intel has brought out in the past 5+ years.

>in b4 hurr durr glue
>in b4 intel did it first

They slapped on two dies that communicated through FSB. It is and remains garbage compared to IF.

It would be more interesting if the shitfinity wire had no latency issues.

Knew this was a garbage bait shitpost thread as soon as I saw it, but you guys really stepped up to the plate to deliver some quality "HURR DURR AMD IS TEH SUX" dogshit posts. Keep it up!

BRIAN PLEASE STOP.

>shitfinity wire
Wow you sound like a 100% unbiased completely normal rational human being and not a giant fanboy cocksucker.

>SMT
Better than ht

We're not friends, Brian.

>Keep it up!
Is this sarcasm?
>BRIAN PLEASE STOP.
$0.20 doesn't buy creativity does it
>Wow you sound like a 100% unbiased completely normal rational human being and not a giant fanboy cocksucker.
Fanboy of what general tech? I like everything outside of AMD does that trigger you?

>highly competitive with a $5000 card
How is this bad?

Brian you need to hire your marketing dudes back. SKL-X/SP launches were embarassingly bad.

>Brian
Plebs only think that there's three Sup Forums related companies.

Oh.
Fuck off ARM shill.