Silicon Lottery

Did I win the Silicon lottery with this?
Also is Ryzen any good? Been thinking about building another computer.

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/11544/intel-skylake-ep-vs-amd-epyc-7000-cpu-battle-of-the-decade/22
overclock3d.net/news/cpu_mainboard/intel_resorts_to_dirty_marketing_during_their_skylake_sp_xeon_launch/1
techpowerup.com/235092/intel-says-amd-epyc-processors-glued-together-in-official-slide-deck
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

AMD is fine for a budget build, but if you want the best performance, Intel is obviously still where it's at.

Yeah the benchmarks shows Intel on top as far as performance with Gaming, I don't really do too many multi-threaded workloads, but I was thinking about starting a wow server which would benefit from multiple cores. Also I was interested in upgrading some servers I have.

Lol my 4790k hits 4.8 at 1.35

Honestly, AMD isn't a good choice for servers either. Their stuff is pretty unreliable, and you don't want to come home and find that your "cheap" AMD CPU has bitten the dust, taking your server down with it. Intel have just released a new line of Xeons, so I'd look there.

Pretty sure I can raise it higher, but mine is on stock voltages. I can see how far I can go without changing the voltages.

Thinking about upgrading to the 7800k, but with the low clocks I'm not sure if it'll provide a boost in gaming workloads.

Big pile of FUD right here.

Literal shill.

What makes them unreliable? I have an 8350 that I've been using as a web server for a while now and it's still up and running, in fact I've never had a CPU actually die on me.

Ryzen is just a whole load of cheap CPUs literally glued together. It's a pile of shit

AMDrones can only respond with childish insults when challenged. The benchmarks and customer reports speak for themselves. What you save up front by buying AMD hardware, you lose back in electricity costs over time (if it lasts that long). Say what you want about Intel, their products are faster, more reliable and trusted in datacenters the world over.

You're one of the "lucky" ones then (although the cost of running that 125W chip is astronomical). Typically though, they die much faster due to the excess heat they produce. CPUs and GPUs don't like heat, and AMD can't get that under control. Never have been able to.

He's spouting bullshit out of his ass.
>le intel marketing slide meme xDDDDDD

Zen is more power efficient than Intel's server shit at the moment. anandtech.com/show/11544/intel-skylake-ep-vs-amd-epyc-7000-cpu-battle-of-the-decade/22

I've been hearing things about them, latency issues, memory issues. However I have seen slides and benchmarks measuring their power and they seem to have low power consumption.

It's unlikely you're going to run into latency issues outside of games.

Why does it have to be like this?

What sick satisfaction do you get from this inane and obvious trolling? Are the (You)s really so important?

He's copying shit from recent Intel marketing slides which were widely regarded as childish and immature.

overclock3d.net/news/cpu_mainboard/intel_resorts_to_dirty_marketing_during_their_skylake_sp_xeon_launch/1

techpowerup.com/235092/intel-says-amd-epyc-processors-glued-together-in-official-slide-deck

7800X is worse than a 7700K for gaming

put some load through that and watch it bsod, overclocks barely count if you can only get it stable enough to take a screenshot

hwbot is being shit but pretend I've uploaded a picture of someone hitting >5ghz on ln2 on sub 1v, it happens frequently and a good 1/10 of the top scores in frequency for any given processor will have unstable low voltages

You should support AMD because intel are assholes for not soldering the heat spreader to the die such that you have to delid the cpu and add your own compound to get the lowest temps.

Also every new intel release is marginally better than the last one. Millions of people are still using 2500k's because there's little reason to upgrade.

2600K master race here, laughing at you 2500K peons.

Seems to me like it consumes more power under realistic server workloads, and only pulls ahead in synthetic tests. A typical piece of AMD marketing trickery.

Once again, ad hominems are all that the AMDrone can offer in return.

>Seems to me like it consumes more power under realistic server workloads
Sources? Everything so far supports the fact that Epyc is more efficient and much cheaper.

Yeah provide to us proof of this, I would like to know when making my decision.

It was already in the link posted earlier, where an AMDrone tried to talk up EPYC and only served to show that the new Xeons are remarkably more power efficient than both it and previous Xeons.

>He literally cuts it off with paint

Move on Sup Forums, this is obvious now.

anandtech.com/show/11544/intel-skylake-ep-vs-amd-epyc-7000-cpu-battle-of-the-decade/22

We already covered the real server load vs misleading synthetic load issue. The latter is simply AMD marketing material, and I won't repost it for them.

Trolling or not this is the most pathetic shit I've seen on here in months.

not really, it will OC itself up to 4.3.

i have the same CPU running at 4.5 24/7 i don't go higher because my use case puts 100% load all the time. not really healthy for the motherboard/processor.

also, nice trips.

same user again..

im also thinking of making a new pc, the 4970k is a fantastic CPU but the chipset is outdated now. (no nvme, ddr3, etc...)

thing is, going ryzen or even intel will net you zero gains in performance for games... i decided to scrap the idea and will instead build a second PC to use as home server and to offload all the CPU intensive stuff i do. thinking thread ripper might do the job for cheap.

next gen maybe i might go for an upgrade on the gaming pc. currently there's no reason to upgrade.

is haslel good?

If you want cheap 8 cores, 1700/1700X is the best choice. Don't know if that's enough power but it's definitely the cheapest option. You can upgrade it to Zen 2 later on.

not bad .... i had a big win

i bought the i7 the week it first dropped and have had a stable 30% overclock for almost 10 years now 24/7

the secret is you must kiss your chip and say say a quiet humble prayer when you first unbox it and mount it in the socket... seriously