DOCSIS 3.0 - WTF?

DOCSIS 3.0 - WTF?
Moved to US, wtf are you using instead of pppoe or gpon?
Internet via coaxial? Modem? Are you serious?
I have 150mbps plan, so that modem is able to hold that speed?

It's all fiber but the last mile or so is coaxial..

docsis 3.1 will be able to do 1gig download but only like 50mbit upload

So it is better then 10T coaxial ethernet, right?

I have this model right here

We have GPON in some areas.

Where the fuck did you live?
Even a lot of Europe has DOCSIS via UPC respectively their subsidiaries.

I have a DOCSIS 3.0 16x4 band modem, I get 175Mbps+ consistently. Pic related, this is on wifi.

And what about 8x4? Will it cover my 150Mbps plan?

>tfw you have fiber to the home but dumb ISP thinks rednecks shouldn't have gigabit for cheap

From what I've read and seen you'll get your full speed from an 8x4 but I only pay for 150 down and I think the extra bands have something to do with the extra ~25Mbps I get.

what ISP?

Are you brown?

If so please return from where you came

If you read your own image you can answer all your questions.
America isnt fucking Australia. We actually replace our copper more than once every 2 centuries.

a Local ISP and these motherfuckers must think we are stupid. charging $40 install fee and also $6 a month for there branded wifi router which is limited to 4 devices and each device is another $10. They used to tell you just get a Linksys router from wal-mart

Bullshit. If you replace your lines, why are they still copper? Lack of wanting to replace them is the reason fibre hasn't taken off in AH-MURR-IKA yet.

damn that sucks dicks, though to be honest the biggest thing 1gbps has done for me is make me realize where my network bottlenecks really are.

*yawn*
depends where you live

Yeah, that's hardly everywhere.

yeah your biggest bottleneck is going to be wifi, nothing exists that can give you 1gbps from a decent ways away, my linksys Wrt1200ac has issues saturating my 50mbps on the other side of the house but as long as your wired network is gigabit even going trough a few switches there shouldn't be a bottleneck.

NYC, DC, Philly, Boston, Richmond, Baltimore, and suburbs in between.

It's being rolled out CO to CO currently, i've only had mine since april. But it's actually available to a good number of people in the north east. Obviously if you're rural, or in a poor economically depressed region, you will likely be skipped over, even if an ISP is deploying fiber nearby. It's a cost thing, laying fiber is expensive, who do you give fiber to, the rural fucks or the rich pricks living in the cities and the surburbs with their $500k+ houses?

>yeah your biggest bottleneck is going to be wifi
Unifi AC HD has gotten me ~910mbps from ~8 feet with a macbook pro. Obviously it's going to depend on not just your router, but your client device, and local RF conditions.

>Wrt1200ac
That would already bottleneck you at 1gbps, even with an ethernet connection.

The WRT1200AC caps out around 700-800mbps WAN/LAN speed. So even with a direct connection you wont see a full 1gbps.

You need a decent router for a 1gbps WAN.

8 feet away sure you can pretty much get your 1gb but there still isn't anything out there that can give 1gb trough a few walls or from any significant distance.

In that same review they say the throughput measured is typical of what they call "top end routers" (which the wrt1200ac isn't really) I would like to see it retested with DD-wrt if that would make any difference

It was typical at the time of the review 2 years ago.

These days you have more options, hell the Nighthawk X6S specifically markets itself for 1gbps WAN throughput.

>literally too poor for nationwide cable tv
>nbn doesn't even have FTTH anymore
>suggests glorified dial-up as a superior alternative to DOCSIS

Obsessed.

>being so booty blasted by american innovation that you make an image like this

>Moving to small city 20 miles away from big city
>Only ISPs are AT&T, Mediacom or wireless Have to pay $30 Extra for the privilege of unlimited data @ 18Mbps with AT&T
>Mediacom has 400GB cap, or really expensive 20Mbps business
>Fiber provider (symetrical 1Gbps for $100) is less than 2 miles away, but doesn't have approval from state to cross train tracks

SCREAMS INTERNALLY

Forgot to mention.

Big city has Google Fiber.