Why did the UK decide to leave the EU if their economy is more dependent on the EU than the EU is dependent on the UK...

Why did the UK decide to leave the EU if their economy is more dependent on the EU than the EU is dependent on the UK economy? Isn't this basically giving up 2 pounds to receive 1 pound?

Other urls found in this thread:

fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balance_commerciale
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because the EU problem is about more than import/export. How would you react if some bureaucracts in Brussels set up laws regarding you country even tho you haven't elected them ? And how would you react if the majority of them are corrupted ?

UK did the right thing, fuck the EU.

Brexit is just for a tighter immigration law.
In other words, this is for a "we dont need any more muslims and mosques " law.

This isnt about economy but immigration and belief. They dont give a fuck about their economy

Why couldn't the UK trade with EU even if it isn't part of it?

This EU spite and coercion has convinced me Finland should secede too.

Everyday I hope the EU will collapse

Because UK politicians loved to use EU as a scapegoat for their own shortcomings.
Also, media jumped on the bandwagon so the average Brit has heard nothing but 30 years of constant EU bashing.
No wonder many Brits view EU as an opressive tyranny and want out

>Why couldn't the UK trade with EU even if it isn't part of it?
Because Merkel explicitly stated that without freedom of movement there is no free market.

>because the common Brit turned out to be gullible like any man.

But USA and China can? If EU turns out to be coercive like that then UK's cause is a noble one.

anyone who has full access to the single market has to allow free movement

Then maybe full access is only a meme and you only need meaningful access like every other trading partner of EU

I think you are saying things without understanding what you're trying to say. The geopolitical and economic situation of UK cannot be compared to that of the USA or China (massive superpowers geographically distant from the migration crisis).

>Le Pen/Putin drone bitching about corruption

How stupid do you have to be to be mad, that EU protect the interest of the people in the union?

Being in control of your nation's future is a lot more important than money.

??

In EFTA UK would be EU's second or third largest trading partner. Is this some coercion, are they going to enact tariffs on UK out of spite?

An lol no, China isn't a superpower for another 20-30 years even with this pace.

>UK would be EU's second or third largest trading partner
What? Where did you get this information?
And are you unironically implying that the UK market has more influence on the EU than the Chinese market?

EU exports more to the UK than to China. Otherwise they're quite on par. I don't think there's any reason for sanctions against the UK other than pure spitefulness.

I guess all you need now is for China to apply for a membership to the European Union.
You're literally part of the EU and yet you have no idea how the EU's Single Market policy works. Shame on you, Finland.

The EU will treat the UK like garbage as a threat to prevent any other countries from leaving.

Sovereignty and freedom > economy

they are hold dear on their sovereignty and border.
many stupid EU countries forgotten their sovereignty.

But it's actually the opposite, only stupid countries have an infatuation with sovereignty and nationalism

>Germans actually believe this

>he fell for the muh freedom meme

The only people who can claim some sort of sovereigny are the ones living in Somalia and parts of Congo. All other places, people are under international laws and international trade in some way or the other.

Fair enough that you want, say, fever immigrants. That's a valid argument for voting leave (even though you will probably replace poles with pakis). But sovereignty for sovereignty's sake is such a faggy, fluffy populist term. It's like when communists speak of 'solidarity' and americans about 'freedom'.

EU seems freedom, but it isn't freedom.
many countries can't determination of their budget, policy.
is EU is really freedom? Right? or No?
the economic policy is also different in all countries.
anything can't be decided by the center(German and Belguim) and use the budget freely.
that's really colony. you are forget your sovereignty.

Go learn some English before coming here. Srsly.

Do you want sovereignty? Would you like it if we pulled out all military forces from your country and stopped trade with you? Would you like to be annexed by China?

>he sold his land for shiny beads

look at the end of your own graph, since 2011 EU economies had already started becoming less relevant to the UK's economy

Here, have this so you understand what it actually means.
fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balance_commerciale

Japs would just build nukes.

And China gives zero fucks about annexing Japan. It gains nothing but economic depression.

if your country makes military withdrawn from my country, the America is deprived of an initiative in the Pacific.
i dont hope Japan becomes the part of China. but the sovereignty is most important.

the reason that germany defends EU desperately is for their export and exploitation. please see greece. germany killed that.
i don't like EU now. everything is broken by Germany unreasonably. they're an imperialist than the USA......

what the fuck are you talking about. are you 6 years old or something?

its an union, not a free space where you spoiled brat can control everything.

But bureaucrats cannot "set up" laws in the EU, only the European Parliament can do that.

He's literally right.

There are customs taxes on imports from those countries.

On what, fish? Huge impact on the UK economy.

people believe this because it is right, this is classic politics 101 and has been used for centuries. Find a scapegoat, and use the mob wave to gain power.

I didn't quite understand your reply.
I meant that the US and China don't have an unrestricted full access to EU markets. Imports from there to the EU are subject to customs and tariffs. And goods for example still need to conform to EU regulations in order to be sold (think safety regulations for example).
Plus companies from there don't get national treatment like EU companies.
So all in all they don't have full access to EU markets

LEL i forgot we had customs XD

Lörs plörörölö lärs lörö.

This. Do you think Farage will do a much better job of running the show? I hate leftist witchhunts too, but Farage's platform so long was muh ebul EU

And immigration of outside EU won't get affected by Brexit.

Yeah but US and China have visa restrictions, trade partners within EU don't

because half of our population are retards who only have one argument
>muh immigrants
they seemed to think just because we voted out EU citizens would be sent on a boat back home

>geographically distant
China is on the same continent as the middle east.

How about that:

Your elected leaders sit together with the elected leaders of other countried to decide to impliment certain rules. The commission is tasked with creating a proposal for those rules. Said rules will then be worked out under close involvement of the groups of society affected - industry, environment organisation, unions and so on. The finished draft is the introduced into the elected parliament which may accept it or demand changes. In the end your elected national leaders again have to vote on it and often even have to impliment it into national law with sometimes more, sometimes less leeway.

Yeah, fuck the eu.

Farage can't get elected as an MP. He's been trying for many years.

The EU needs to finish with its denial stage. The longer you keep pushing for integration and ignoring people's (genuine) concerns, the more catastrophic the collapse will be.

>Mercury is on the same solar system as the Earth

So far its the UK who is collapsing :))))

You're a fucking retard

you might be surprised but people in general like the EU. only you brits seems to bash it every chance you get - with some ridiculous bullshit about how curvy the bananas have to be according to EU law and other retarded shit.

its literally the EU who is now saying - invoke article 50, dont delay. its farage and boris johnson saying "theres no hurry"
whos in denial?

We can trade with the EU, what we can't have is unfettered access to the single market and the perks that come with it. No one is going to stop trading, but it may no longer be tariff free, for example.

But none of the UK's concerns ARE valid.

We don't pay them £350 million a week, the laws aren't decided by bureaucrats, we did have the power of veto over who entered.

Ironically, he is the only one who SHOULD lead negotiations imho.
It's looking more and more like Bojo did this for his career and he's probably going to cop out and halt things or settle for an EEA solution like Norway. At least Farage might go for broke and actually leave and considering immigration is the main concern amongst the people, well, at least they'll get their borders back.