Audio

Since Sup Forums doesn't actually listen to music, what speakers does Sup Forums own?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.de/gp/product/B00CYMAQPG/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=9603-21&camp=1638&creative=6742&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B00CYMAQPG&linkId=5a6b6f4d0be6501bc232af8091b48ba4
youtu.be/5XQ70_H-KZI
crutchfield.com/p_970B6/ELAC-Debut-B6.html?tp=186&awkw=201495599065&awat=pla&awnw=g&awcr=102806266705&awdv=m&awug=9004561
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Acarian systems Alon IVs. Front end equipment is a crown xls1000.2, emotiva pt-100, and a project debut carbon turntable with ortofon red cartridge.

Music-wise I listen to a lot of British rock (muse, Radiohead, Alt j), acoustic guitar stuff like Antoine dufour and Don Ross, and metal/djent like meshuggah, periphery, intervals, animals as leaders...

Just finished room treatment.

Currently using the Adam A7X paired with the Audio-GD NOS 11.

>not pictured: brilliant pebbles

I'm using a class D pro amp, speaker cable and interconnects I made myself, and $50 worth of room treatment foam.

I'm about as anti snake-oil as it gets. Fuck off.

Are those Forte's or choruses all the way to the right?

Forte I
Cornwall I
Heresy I
CF-4

Nice nice. My parents own a pair of choruses and my uncle had Forte's.

Klipsch have some flaws about the way they sound but what they do well in they Excel.

JBL LSR305, pretty happy with them.

I suppose it depends if you like the sound of horns and if the crossovers have been brought back up to spec for their age. And placement matters more with those two with the passives on the rear (depends on version of the chorus). I've had nothing but praise when people are over. But then again just about everyone else uses sound bars and cheap wal-mart tier products.

On another note...
I have a Marantz 2325 I'm debating having fully recapped/serviced (estimated total cost $850). I really like the warm sound it produces. I've thought about going the tube route but I have no idea where to start. Or if I stick with solid state what NEW products would be comparable. Having something like a McIntosh C50 with the meters would be neat looking.

Thinking about trying to build some speakers, anyone have experience with that? I'm trying to get better at woodworking at it seems like a decent project.

If so, are you happy with them?

I've got four Kenwood JL595s, though two of them are in a storage locker because I don't have room to use them for the surround setup that I'd like to have. I've also got a pair of Bic Venturi V52s on my desk.

I'm here

Before I switched to the alon IVs, I was using the 15 wpc push/pull el84 tube amp in the pic to drive cornscalas. Loved the sound, Klipsch/high efficiency speakers and tubes are a wonderful combo. The only reason Im not using the cornscalas now is because I found the alon IVs at an estate sale in the Hamptons and I've always been a big fan of magnepan and quad electrostatics but I really don't have the room in my home to support full dipole speakers. The alon speakers are a nice compromise and have Dynamics which is something I liked about the Klipsch. As far as your marantz, I'd have it restored just for the potential resale alone. You'll easily fetch $1,500 or more.

Best kits are from meniscus audio, parts express, and madisound. It's a very rewarding project and worth the time and effort. Woodworking is very practical obviously and you can get incredible price/performance in comparison to most big box electronics offerings.

Kits id recommend for first timers are C-notes, the volt 10 from diysoundgroup, speedsters, or the continuum LS3/5a tribute. The boxes are easy to construct and mini monitors are a great start.

Pioneer Andrew Jones bookshelf speakers powered by 28yr old Yamaha receiver.

get some taste first lol

JBL 308. Used to have much more expensive Harman Kardon + Wharfedale combo until I heard these monitors in my friends studio.
Literally BTFOs any trash boomy hi-fi up to $2k

I own a pair of Speakerlab 6WAs and I power them with my Sony STR-V4 which I have a Technics SL-1400MK2 connected

some 5 year old audio technica m50's

love these things, they clamp hard af thhooo.

H/K PM665 Vxi + Mission M73i

I tried and failed, still have the parts sitting in the garage. I'm pretty handy with wood working too. The issue? I tried to build them with a circular saw. I know it seems retarded, and it is, but I thought I could pull it off.

Unless you're going to build some complicated jig, you absolutely must use a table saw. You also need a router to cut you your holes, so unless you have these tools already you'll be spending quite a lot on just the tools to build your speakers.

Same, except using Neko Audio stereo DAC

these cute things, they sound ok

Your setup is wasted on the music you listen to. What you listen to would sound good coming out of shitty desktop speakers.

I think I'm gonna need a new extension plug. Mine is making my left side having some weird very subtle crackling sounds. I have my left and right on different wall outlets. I hope it's not the speakers but I'm worried it will be the speakers if I left it for too long.

How's the Neko pairing with the A7X by the way? I noticed mine have a much better bass response. I told myself it's placebo but maybe there is a difference.

I have a pair of Advent 25th Anniversary speakers that I got for like $10 and refoamed. I have big plants on top of them which I'm sure fucks up the sound but whatever.

What should I listen to then?

Everything he listed is recorded extremely well... What the fuck are you smoking?

>two high-range drivers

Just ordered this ones.
cant wait anymore
amazon.de/gp/product/B00CYMAQPG/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=9603-21&camp=1638&creative=6742&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B00CYMAQPG&linkId=5a6b6f4d0be6501bc232af8091b48ba4

Find a nice numbers station or something and mux it with Symphonies of the Planets played at half speed

I listen to plenty of classical, mostly Richard Wagner

Why the fuck would I listen to a numbers station isn't that an /x/ meme?

focal 807 vw special edition
Vincent SP-331 mk sterio power amplifier
Vincent sa-31mk pre amplifier
Vincent CD-S7DAC
isotek powerboard 3x gold plated cables

and focal sw 1000 s

also listen to most music I love Australian indie pop bands like owleyes cut copy and client liaison also like dream pop aswell

Spoiler - they're shit.

Free jazz.

I like gogopenquin and badbadnotgood, does that count?

taken care of the 1st reflection?

Always :^)

What's a good price for mission 760is?

50-100 usd depending on location.

Elac AM50 + Ultrasone HFI-2400 + Creative Audigy 2 ZS gold

I would go full retard with audio equipment if I lived alone. Small Elacs are really nice monitors, can fill our entire 56m2 apartment with d'n'b, and Ultrasones are great for gayming.

I like this set up. I wish I had a spare room big enough for this.

They're good, but not free jazz. Look into Cecil Taylor and Sun Ra as an intro.

I use DALI Zensor 1,5,7, vokal and sub E-12 F and DALI Concept 2

Have you compared the dali speakers to anything else? Just curious.

Why did wide loudspeakers go out of fashion?

Everything is these slim boxes with no room for the acoustics inside.

The baffle step. The less baffle the drivers encounter the better, meaning that slim speakers are typically more accurate.

I listened to a bunch of speakers in the store before I ended up picking the Zensors both for price and that I thought they sounded good for the type of music I play.
Besides, DALI speakers are super cheap here, unlike in USA.

I wouldn't really have enough space to make use of full sized speakers, and these have more than enough sound for me since I'm not a person that listen to dumbstep or wall shaking noises, I like my music is a comfortable audio level.
But I'd rather listen to some Logitech speakers than Cerwin VEGA.

Pioneer CS99A FB Coned, missing one woofer

Ohm Model E, undamaged

Dayton Audio Sub-1200 12" subwoofer

YOU WILL TELL ME RIGHT NOW WHATS ON THAT DESK MOTHERFUCKER.

I'm a motherfucker and I tell you it's the IKEA Galant with a T-leg.
I like the T-legs though if I wasn't cheaping out, I'd get the electric driven leg. instead of manual.
My other T-leg IKEA.

Read it wrong, thought you said what's that desk, not what's ON that desk.

It's OLW cheese doodles.

Newish pioneer shelf speakers(don't know the model offhand), and a sansui solidstate (2000x I think) receiver

Hi hubby :3

Klipschorns, forte 2, cornwalls
Plus I make my own speakers
2x ultimax 18 subs in 10cuft cabinets tuned to 14hz with an inuke 6000DSP driving them, the mains are also designed and made by me.

youtu.be/5XQ70_H-KZI

>[PLEBSPOTTERS]

Now I haven't seen that in a while.

There is nothing better than headphones, unless you're filthy rich and can afford not only good speakers but also room treatment.

You're in your sofa 3 meters away from the monitor, and you have friends there, explain how headphones are better.

We still out here, just don't really post in Sup Forums anymore.

>you have friends

No I don't.

Those foam panels on the wall look really effective bro. Where'd you get those.

Horn Loaded still alive?

hey, pup

he died of old age

On eBay from Urban mall. $29 for 24 12"X12" panels.

I remember horn, he got really mad when I posted my Allison 9 speakers a few years ago

Can I join plebspotters?

Sure.

I don't own speakers because I'm not fucking retarded.

>animals as leaders
my man

>I don't own speakers because I'm poor and also live with my parents

Fixed it for you.

Let me guess, you spend hundreds of dollars on headphone equipment so that you can post in weeb /hpg/?

JBL LSR 305
Paid $250 for them, and they're the best pair of speakers I've yet to own. The memes are all true. They are fucking amazing

i'm looking for speakers for my tv, currently looking at the jbl 230, monitor audio bronze 2 and jamo c93 (cheaper first)
which one should i go with?

What are best bookshelf speakers around $200-$300?

Depends on whether you're going passive or active. For passive, wharfedale diamond, elac, Klipsch rp series seem to offer best price to performance.

For active the jbl lsr305 seem to be a ballpark knockout

5x Klipsch Heresy with modded crossovers to mellow them out + a 15 inch dayton sub are my home theater setup

JBL L65 Jubal - Aesthetic and acoustic perfection. Hooked up to a McIntosh C32 and 2120 in the sitting room

PSB 600i Century - Garage system powered by a Sansui AU-517

Blue Sky Exo 2.1 - Computer speakers

>wharfedale diamond, elac, Klipsch rp
They are all well above $300, which is my max.

How are the jubals? I've always wanted to hear a pair.

Get the JBL LSR 305s. They're the best you're gonna do for under $500

crutchfield.com/p_970B6/ELAC-Debut-B6.html?tp=186&awkw=201495599065&awat=pla&awnw=g&awcr=102806266705&awdv=m&awug=9004561
Excuse me for the Klipsch and wharfdale suggestions they're both not on sale anymore. That being said, unless you have an amp the JBL active speakers would be better for you.

The 077 tweeter's output is heavenly. I'm sure there is better out there but I haven't heard it. Very balanced non-fatiguing sound.

Found some moron selling them for $150 on craigslist a while back and ran my ass over cash in hand to get them.

>$150

Holy fuck you stole those nice score.

Its a big sub

For you

Bought a pair of preused Genelec 8020's about 6 years ago. Best $500 ever spend

Thoughts on the Vanatoo Transparent Zero Speakers?

Andrew Jones bookshelf speakers/subwoofer, pretty beast.

Parasound Halo Integrated, KEF q100s (will be replaced with Ls50s at some point) and a SVS PB-2000

I own a pair of philips FB825. Hooked them up to a Yamaha AS-1000. Had the foam surrounds replaced by rubber ones that match the original surrounds in flexibility as closely as possible.

I actually own all 3 the speakers on the picture. including the 821. Legendary speakers. Never parting with them, Owned them for more than 10 years now.

got similar ones. perfectly used as stools or for some workouts

Mackie HR824s are nice. Try em.

it makes sense.

I live in apartment but I have B&W speakers going to waste

>because I'm poor and also live with my parents
I'm up to my ass in medical bills because the dumbfucks botched two surgeries and I can't walk. Why the fuck should I buy speakers or some overrated $100+ headphones?

>dumbfucks
Last I checked doctors are much smarter than the average 4chins poster, also much more overworked.

Maybe that overworking of them has something to do with the fact that mistakes happen.

Better sue them though, I am sure that will make everything better!

Usher N-6361

LSR305
thingken bout a sub

>wagner
maximum pleb

>PA
you goofed